THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

15 hours ago, RWF said:

No way he doesn't take the 1+1 from OKC.

And no way GS can sign KD as long as every team in the league hangs up on them when they call asking to take Bogut.

And fail to me.

Let's get Westbrook to the Hawks dream posts going boys and girls (until he ends up with the Lakers or Knicks).

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, DS5 said:

He signed a 1+1 contract anyway, so I don't think it matters... 

Oh it mattered.  The 1+1 is all about taking advantage of the rising cap.  Multiple outlets stated his decision of who to play with was for the long haul as he didn't want to do this free agency thing again next year.  He'll opt-out, but it will be to sign a bigger deal with the Warriors.  He knows Curry, Klay and Draymond aren't going anywhere.  Knowing Westbrook was probably going to leave after next season and not being able to convince Horford to come to OKC made this decision for him.

• Like 2

Just now, capstone21 said:

If I was okc I would be looking for Westbrook trades ... He will not stay next year now

Who's gonna want to give up pieces then have him leave.  Unless  he tells them where he wants to go to.

Send him to LAL.  He's from there.

• Moderators

Thunder board handling it better than anticipated... A lot of them are saying that would have been fine with KD choosing Boston, but GS is a bitch move. Whatever... The Hawks made the biggest signing of the offseason. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll have a caphold for Durant which is  150%  of what he is making in 2016-17.  Curry's caphold will be $18 mil (I think.  GSW can exceed  the cap to resign him.

12 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Thunder board handling it better than anticipated... A lot of them are saying that would have been fine with KD choosing Boston, but GS is a bitch move. Whatever... The Hawks made the biggest signing of the offseason. emoji1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thunder are done, toast.