• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

FWIW, I deliberately and instinctively picked choices on the ESPN survey trying to wind up with the Hawks... and I did!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16644312/nba-quiz-where-going-nba-free-agency

I think the Tribe answer on the diversity question tipped the scales favorably: "I like 'em Brown, Yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian." Dominican? Not so much right now...

~lw3

That is awesome. Guess where I'm headed lw3 @JayBirdHawk eat ur heart out!!!

image.png

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I forget who it is, but somebody around here has been clamoring for Nikola Mirotic - which is highly possible if Wade signs with Chicago. Trading them Scott and Patterson would actually fit under the cap, with us able to take back up to 150% of those salaries. I would love for this to happen, which means it wont happen.

Edited by RandomFan

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

FWIW, I deliberately and instinctively picked choices on the ESPN survey trying to wind up with the Hawks... and I did!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16644312/nba-quiz-where-going-nba-free-agency

I think the Tribe answer on the diversity question tipped the scales favorably: "I like 'em Brown, Yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian." Dominican? Not so much right now...

~lw3

I answered honestly and became a Spur...now I'm gonna skew it to see if I can be a Hawk :-)

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I forget who it is, but somebody around here has been clamoring for Nikola Mirotic - which is highly possible if Wade signs with Chicago. Trading them Scott and Patterson would actually fit under the cap, with us able to take back up to 150% of those salaries. I would love for this to happen, which means it wont happen.

@Diesel

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can we poach anybody?

I just posted in the trade idea section about this, but I'd be ok taking on Calderon as a 3rd PG if they include Mirotic. He can take Scott's spot, who most likely won't be back next season, whether he's indicted or suspended by the NBA. Calderón can the be vet 3rd PG or battle it out with Delaney. 

16 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I just posted in the trade idea section about this, but I'd be ok taking on Calderon as a 3rd PG if they include Mirotic. He can take Scott's spot, who most likely won't be back next season, whether he's indicted or suspended by the NBA. Calderón can the be vet 3rd PG or battle it out with Delaney. 

Can't afford both of them under the cap. Not without shipping out Splitter, which isn't smart unless we have another backup C lined up, and we wont get one as good as Splitter for the $8.5M he is owed this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Kinda amused by what's going on with Wade county and the "don" Riley.

That front office touts itself as one who takes care of its players to the utmost.  Seems they probably reneged on whatever deal they agreed to in order to get Wade to opt out of his last deal (I'm alleging).  This could really besmirch Riley's rep.