• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well we won day one of FA

HawkItus

I agree and in the end we could be the team that got the best player that changed teams. People are worried about losing SAP or Horford, but D12 is an improvement on the boards from day 1. We will see how things shake lose.

If you have been impatiently waiting on big moves from BudCox, this is your kind of off season!

if we could somehow swing a trade with boston with some combo involving Avery Bradley & Jaylen Brown + Picks for Horford I'd see it as a successful end to a saga... Going into the luxury tax for Horford/Sap is not ideal so one of em' has gotta go. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I don't like it at all. Howard is Josh Smith at center. Here's to hoping it works.

I'm not a fan of Howard at all, but if coach Bud thinks he can work here, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Howard, even at his worst, is still pretty much the same win shares/48 mins as Al Horford, plus he is cheaper. 

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Right! I'm very curious to see what happens with Millsap/Horford.

We're gonna suck bad if we lose one or both of these.  People don't realize that Howard is about 30 percent of what he once was before he started grabbing nuts.  I would be willing to bet there is no other team that would even want Howard.

Edited by Trout7

22 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

We're gonna suck bad if we lose one or both of these.  People don't realize that Howard is about 30 percent of what he once was before he started grabbing nuts.  I would be willing to bet there is no other team that would even want Howard.

The Howard sucks as a player post need to end. If the man gets 36 minutes a game last year he puts up 15.4ppg and 13.2rpg; and last season was his worse since his 2nd year in the league. Howard is going to give us a minimum 16 and 12, you can bank on that. We just improved our rebounding at the five spot by a minimum of three rebounds a game and some fans think that sucks?

If we lose Horford its a tough loss, if we lose SAP its a tough loss. But improving our team rebounding should be job one, because we have sucked at it for over a decade!

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Howard sucks as a player post need to end. If the man gets 36 minutes a game last year he puts up 15.4ppg and 13.2rpg; and last season was his worse since his 2nd year in the league. Howard is going to give us a minimum 16 and 12, you can bank on that. We just improved our rebounding at the five spot by a minimum of three rebounds a game and some fans think that sucks?

If we lose Horford its a tough loss, if we lose SAP its a tough loss. But improving our team rebounding should be job one, because we have sucked at it for over a decade!

Hawks had to change things up. A Millsap/Al frontcourt isn't going to get any better.

• Premium Member

One step forward, two steps back.... as it stands right now.

But again, things are still fluid, and God help us, this is all going to make sense in the next 24 hours or so.

1 minute ago, BigDog90 said:

Hawks had to change things up. A Millsap/Al frontcourt isn't going to get any better.

We did need to change things up, the only way to improve rebounding is to get great rebounders. If we could not get a SF like Bron, Durant, George, or Kawhi  who can get 7 to 8 boards a game at that spot, the obvious choice is to improve at PF or Center.

We needed better rebounding on our front line and Howard brings that to the table in spades.

Eh, this team currently is kind of  mess from an offensive standpoint.  Unless a trade comes out of nowhere, I'm not seeing much upside.  Even if they brought back Horford. This team already has issues shooting consistently on the perimeter and that was WITH Bazemore who they just gave a crapload of money to.

Edited by Guard
  • Like 1