• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well we won day one of FA

HawkItus

33 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Guys we are relevant.  Hats off to Ressler, Koonan, and BudCox

Amen to that, brother. Nice to see us wheeling and dealing. I love this talk of going into luxury for Horf. Is this an Atlanta team?

Love it. Exciting. First we bitch that we're doing nothing. Then we bitch when we're hyper-active. There's a reason why Hawks are ZERO-leak. Love. Ing. It!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Guys we are relevant.  Hats off to Ressler, Koonan, and BudCox

I disagree ... With baz getting that huge contract and really handcuffing ourselves, potential loss of Al and potential trade of Paul ... Getting Howard has not improved us

Just now, capstone21 said:

I disagree ... With baz getting that huge contract and really handcuffing ourselves, potential loss of Al and potential trade of Paul ... Getting Howard has not improved us

You know Dwight is already the best rebounder on our team right?

I'd consider that an improvement, but that's just me..

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Flight said:

Getting rid of all of our core to get him does not make a better team ... We handcuffed ourselves with the Baz signing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Getting rid of all of our core to get him does not make a better team ... We handcuffed ourselves with the Baz signing 

We traded Teague and haven't even lost Al... I think you may be undervaluing what Dwight can do on a team like ours 

15 minutes ago, Flight said:

And there isn't a single legit scoring threat on the team to do anything with the offensive rebounds.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

And there isn't a single legit scoring threat on the team to do anything with the offensive rebounds.

At this point the fact that we're even getting offensive rebounds is enough of an upgrade to satisfy me. 

I was a little upset about the Teague trade but I get it it's Schroeders time to grow into his own and atleast Teague went to his hometeam.(Just so happens to be big competition smh). All we've been doing this offseason is getting rid of mediocrity and complacency for players that are hungry and have heart and grit. All 3of our draft picks have this component as well as they all play D, rebound and can shoot the 3 or develop into one that can as well as athletic. Dwight and Bazemore are athletic hungry and have grit. Paul Millsap is a work horse who should be kept over Horford and every other player we have has heart hustle and grit. I loved Teague and I liked Horford but at the end of the day they picked up the habits of my old  favorite player Josh Smith which  was being very talented but not caring enough to go further than just making the playoffs. The new ownership wants to go further than just staying pat and I agree we have to clear out the old regime to make that happen. I would say bye to Horford or possibly sign & trade.

39 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Huge? Name a better SG WHO WOULD SIGN WITH THE HAWKS for less than $17.5mill/yr under this new salary cap :blink:

• Like 2

I knew Dwight could end up in Atlanta, he can help hawks with rebounding problems, good addition for the team but I still  feel hawks still missing few pieces to be a contender team, a reliable scorer probably?? That you can rely on to score in big moments

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

The Hawks have improved their worst statistic from the past few seasons:  rebounding.

They have two talented and expensive players at the PF position:  Horford and Milsap.

They have a developing talent at the SG position that can turn into an all-star:  Bazemore.

They have a young kid ready to take over at PG:  Schröder.

They need two things:  A 3-and-D at the SF position and depth all around (especially at PG).

It seems to me that we have to trade Milsap or swing a Sign-and-trade for Horford.  The way it looks now, Milsap has the greater trade value.   That is my conjecture only.   

If you take that into consideration, along with Milsap's likely contract demands beyond next season, it is apparent that Paul Milsap will be moved.  The only question is which deal would be best for the Hawks?   

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Put me down for "agree strongly" on "a," and "agree somewhat" on "b"...

I'm one of those who don't see a real role for Dwight in this offense, and one of those who laughed last year as Bud sent him to the foul line over and over again in what proved to be a big factor in the comeback win in Houston. And as for Baze, that was also my initial thought, but I've been wrong before, and waiting to see the rest of this.... assuming there is a "rest to this"... play out. Maybe I'm missing something. God knows I hope I'm missing something.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, hazer said:

Huge? Name a better SG WHO WOULD SIGN WITH THE HAWKS for less than $17.5mill/yr under this new salary cap :blink:

Exactly, his contract is was exactly what Evan Turner got.  This is simply the market price for that tier of player this year.

• Like 1