• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Malcom Delaney

Misha Owens

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Anyone find out what happened?  Any update?

Wish I knew more all I know now is I'm praying for him and his family.   Hawk or not I hope the good Lord takes them in his care and gives them the help they need.  (Sorry if the post was to religious ).   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our forgotten, unmentioned by those "talking head experts" who are gloom and doom about our beloved Hawks.

Just finished watching some of his highlights again to refresh my memory.  This becomes necessary when you

become older.  We tend to be forgetful.

So, is there any one among our Hawksquawk faithful who believe that this is a good signing and someone to look

forward to following him when pre season begins?  I know.  We don't expect him to be a starter.  But, I personally

have hopes of him being a part of a solid bench for next season.

Since this is a slow time in the off season, I believe that this is a good time for me to ask what others think about

this player.  Are you thinking positive thoughts about him?   I am !

:approved:

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Our forgotten, unmentioned by those "talking head experts" who are gloom and doom about our beloved Hawks.

Just finished watching some of his highlights again to refresh my memory.  This becomes necessary when you

become older.  We tend to be forgetful.

So, is there any one among our Hawksquawk faithful who believe that this is a good signing and someone to look

forward to following him when pre season begins?  I know.  We don't expect him to be a starter.  But, I personally

have hopes of him being a part of a solid bench for next season.

Since this s a slow time in the off season, I believe that this is a good time for me to ask what others think about

this player.  Are you thinking positive thoughts about him?   I am !

:approved:

To be honest, I didn't know much about him. But given the fact that he was a star player in Europe definitely makes me think we will be pleasantly surprised by his performance. He kind of reminds me of Patrick Beverly, not that their games are similar, but that when he was coming over to the NBA, I thought that he wouldn't make it, but he came in and became a fan favorite and a pest for the opposition right away. I am expecting the same for Malcolm.

Hope Delaney makes our front office look like the Spurs front office by grabbing him from an overseas league and he becomes a big success for us. Pretty sure we have already drafted our long time future PG from Germany. Hard to ever be as international as the Spurs have been over the years but we may be giving it a shot. Thabo and Tiago are already here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hope Delaney makes our front office look like the Spurs front office by grabbing him from an overseas league and he becomes a big success for us. Pretty sure we have already drafted our long time future PG from Germany. Hard to ever be as international as the Spurs have been over the years but we may be giving it a shot. Thabo and Tiago are already here. 

Dennis, Thabo, Splitter, Edy...

• Like 2

The more videos I watch of Delaney playing overseas the player that he reminds me of is Mo Williams.  Seems like Delaney can get his shot off against anyone in their league when he gets "cooking"  the same can be said of Mo Williams when his Jumper is falling.   Could the Hawks have a 6'3 version of Maurice Williams?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

The more videos I watch of Delaney playing overseas the player that he reminds me of is Mo Williams.  Seems like Delaney can get his shot off against anyone in their league when he gets "cooking"  the same can be said of Mo Williams when his Jumper is falling.   Could the Hawks have a 6'3 version of Maurice Williams?

Great comparison! He looks a little more athletic than Mo but great comparison.

On 9/4/2016 at 9:54 AM, Blunt91 said:

Bingoooooo.