• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Malcom Delaney

Misha Owens

Dude could ball at VT...Just saw where He turned down a 2 yr 5 mill$ deal for Barcelona, so he must be confident in his skills. Everything I read, said Houston and Brooklyn were after him. Bud doin some work. ..lol

Wow!  Seems that Bud or someone pulled a sneak attack and captured a good one.  Hope he's

half as good as his highlight films and hope Bud and crew can teach him some NBA defense.

I love that he's a very, very good free throw man.  This gets a big A+ in my book!

Sometimes we wonder, then something like this happens and we say, "Way to go!"

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

I would like to get Sessions on board although he's stated that he wants to be a starter for a team.

Who could he ever start for in the NBA? We all know that answer. Was he actually quoted saying that? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Wow!  Seems that Bud or someone pulled a sneak attack and captured a good one.  Hope he's

half as good as his highlight films and hope Bud and crew can teach him some NBA defense.

I love that he's a very, very good free throw man.  This gets a big A+ in my book!

Sometimes we wonder, then something like this happens and we say, "Way to go!"

Maybe he can balance out D12's foul line woes. Like you have said many times foul shots will win close games.

• Like 2

Cviv just tweeted his built in excuse for being late on our new signing of Delaney. Picking up his daughter at the airport. Learn how to dig a ditch oh worthless one or follow Hawksquawk a lot closer. Kris Willis has been all over this.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Hi everybody, it's been long time since I was here last time.

I am from Europe and I watched Malcolm a lot last couple of years.  And let mi tell you: You got THE STEAL!

This may be the best sign Bud ever did. By far.  I don't have words to express how good this guy is. Someone said beast. Well, he is no beast, but I never saw US player in Europe so talented and smooth like him.

First, he is great team player, true point guard, great passer (don't let 6 assists per game fool you, in Europe they count them differently), his court vision is incredible, and his shooting is... I dont know what to say. Maybe best thing about him is how easy he creates for himself and others and how cool he is in the clutch. In Europe crowd is very, very hostile, to say the least, when you play away they spit at players, throwing everything they got at them, threatening to kill them, they have those lasers always in there eyes of opponents and so on, for American fan is hard to imagine atmosfere like that...And Malcolm... He is like born to play under pressure. I don't know his shooting percentages, but when the game is on the line he always scores or finds the open man. I never saw him missed important bucket. I swear.

So, to cut this short, Atlanta got the biggest steal ever, but they must use him right. He could easily be second best scorer on this team.

Thanks , I think Kris Willis or someone else stated that he has Damian Lillard type of qualities to his game. That would be a steal without a doubt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Hi everybody, it's been long time since I was here last time.

I am from Europe and I watched Malcolm a lot last couple of years.  And let mi tell you: You got THE STEAL!

This may be the best sign Bud ever did. By far.  I don't have words to express how good this guy is. Someone said beast. Well, he is no beast, but I never saw US player in Europe so talented and smooth like him.

First, he is great team player, true point guard, great passer (don't let 6 assists per game fool you, in Europe they count them differently), his court vision is incredible, and his shooting is... I dont know what to say. Maybe best thing about him is how easy he creates for himself and others and how cool he is in the clutch. In Europe crowd is very, very hostile, to say the least, when you play away they spit at players, throwing everything they got at them, threatening to kill them, they have those lasers always in there eyes of opponents and so on, for American fan is hard to imagine atmosfere like that...And Malcolm... He is like born to play under pressure. I don't know his shooting percentages, but when the game is on the line he always scores or finds the open man. I never saw him missed important bucket. I swear.

So, to cut this short, Atlanta got the biggest steal ever, but they must use him right. He could easily be second best scorer on this team.

Sounds like playing in Boston. #celticpride!

Thanks all for the inside info on this guy as I was wondering who the hell he was.  He's from VaTech so you know he's got that dog in him... maybe he'll have that dawg in him as well. 

• Like 1

I knew his name for some reason.  Now that somebody mentioned VA Tech I really remember him.  I loved his game as a Hokie and it sounds like that carried over as a professional in Europe.  He has the type of game that should translate into the real league.  He was a very good scorer in college and could take games over by himself.  

Loving what I'm hearing about the pick up.   You can never be sure how defense, rebounding, or creating your own shoot will transfer from the Euro league to the NBA but if you can catch and shoot you can catch and shoot.   Court vision also tends to be something you can see transferring.  Being clutch is something you either are or your not.   

In our offense he will get open looks and if he can get his own shot against NBA defense this will be another DMC, Baze steal for the Hawks.

The guy looks aggressive too.   Teague was often hesitant and that won't be an issue with Dennis.   I expect us to play a much more aggressive in offense next year.  If Howard starts to demand a double team on the block Sap, Dennis, and our shooters will get great looks and clear driving lanes.

Hope he can play defense against NBA PG's but this signing has me excited.

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Cviv just tweeted his built in excuse for being late on our new signing of Delaney. Picking up his daughter at the airport. Learn how to dig a ditch oh worthless one or follow Hawksquawk a lot closer. Kris Willis has been all over this.

Like I said...C-Viv is an 'after the fact' guy. Not  plugged  in anywhere.

48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Who could he ever start for in the NBA? We all know that answer. Was he actually quoted saying that? 

Yeah I guess. It was when Wall was out and he was filling in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2016/04/19/ramon-sessions-enters-free-agency-hoping-for-a-chance-as-starting-point-guard/

I want to see our new guy in summer league. 

Just now, Kimsey said:

Yeah I guess. It was when Wall was out and he was filling in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2016/04/19/ramon-sessions-enters-free-agency-hoping-for-a-chance-as-starting-point-guard/

I want to see our new guy in summer league. 

Agreed. His first taste of NBA coaching and some players that he could face during the regular season. 

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like I said...C-Viv is an 'after the fact' guy. Not  plugged  in anywhere.

A bit off putting seeing how he is supposed to be one step ahead of Hawksquawk or any fan. He's paid for that amount of competence, right?

• Like 1