• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Malcom Delaney

Misha Owens

8 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I wonder why we keep giving two year deals and not getting bird rights?

Yeah, I'm sure there must be a good reason the front office keeps doing this, and I would love for someone to explain it to me. Because on the outside looking in, it makes no sense. Can we not get a 3rd year team option tacked on to these deals?

9 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

So, another damn 2-yr deal??? After DMC & Sap's issue, you think they would learn. Better tack on a team option  for a third year on that deal! (Unless I am missing something, which is entirely possible.)

Euro guy. Has been a fan for a long time. Team had 3 mil in cap so not much they could do

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, I'm sure there must be a good reason the front office keeps doing this, and I would love for someone to explain it to me. Because on the outside looking in, it makes no sense. Can we not get a 3rd year team option tacked on to these deals?

I know we did this with Mack, Molly Mike, and Moose (4yr).  But not with the more high profile guys like Millsap, DMC, and Baze (to a lesser extent).  Would love to hear their reasoning.  My best guess is that he only would sign with us instead of someone else if we signed him for two years in order for him to get to free agency sooner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SerbianHawk said:

Yes.

Well, It's not easy to explain cause FIBA rules are bit crazy and they change them every year, but something like this:

In Europe you can't put the ball down, you can't dribble after you get the ball,  you must score after direct pass.  So, if you get the ball in the lane you must score, if you rotate of fake with the ball down - it is not assist. Also, creating for shooters, like Ebert said,  is not consider assists also, only at fastbreaks. They consider assists only when is obvious that you created 100% field goal from your pass to your teammate.

So basically if John Stockton played in Europe he would have about 7000 career assists lol.

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Is there a capologist here that knows if some arcane subsection of the CBA is the reason for these 2 year deals va taking on a team option for a third year. ?

13 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

So, another damn 2-yr deal??? After DMC & Sap's issue, you think they would learn. Better tack on a team option  for a third year on that deal! (Unless I am missing something, which is entirely possible.)

If we signed him using our capspace we should be able to offer a 3yr deal. If we signed him using the LLE only a 2yr deal permitted.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

If we signed him using our capspace we should be able to offer a 3yr deal. If we signed him using the LLE only a 2yr deal permitted.

Thanks I figured there was a CBA reason for these deals.   I think we did use our LLE or another exception for this signing.

So, is anyone else thinking that the plan might also involve Patterson as  the third BU PG? (3rds in number, not order of bench, not sure about that even) Dude has good handles, court vision, good passer, and would be sizable at the 1. Just seemed to not be much of a scorer at all. May have had issues with NBA defense, but I could be wrong about that being a problem. Seems like they were high on him at the beginning of last year since he got a good amount of playing time. Maybe...?

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah didn't really mean it as a bad thing. I was watching some of his highlights and he kinda reminded me of flip

Just read on Flip's wiki that he played in Europe for several years after leaving the NBA. Didn't know that...wonder where he is today?

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

So, is anyone else thinking that the plan might also involve Patterson as  the third BU PG? (3rds in number, not order of bench, not sure about that even) Dude has good handles, court vision, good passer, and would be sizable at the 1. Just seemed to not be much of a scorer at all. May have had issues with NBA defense, but I could be wrong about that being a problem. Seems like they were high on him at the beginning of last year since he got a good amount of playing time. Maybe...?

He's a very good passer but he can't shoot at all, and the reason that not even average perimeter shooting has translated is because his release is so slow. It's not defense with him.

I liked Delaney in college. He had high BBIQ and a sound skill-set. Some guys need time to develop in Europe before becoming useful NBA level players. I wish him the best and hopes he plays well in the backup PG role.