• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Malcom Delaney

Misha Owens

Just now, Thomas said:

A bit off putting seeing how he is supposed to be one step ahead of Hawksquawk or any fan. He's paid for that amount of competence, right?

If  he was being paid for being competent it's money down the toilet.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

If  he was being paid for being competent it's money down the toilet.

CViv is an easy target for stand up comedians and serious Hawk fans alike. 

1 hour ago, DeacKillsaDevil said:

He was good at Va Tech

I think he was a two time 1st team ACC player at Va Tech but not 100% on that been a while since he beat up on my Noles in a game I watched.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Have liked what I've read about him so far. Bit of a risk considering that Euroleague isn't as talented as the NBA but if it works out...

But how would playing against second teams inn the NBA measure up against the best in Europe?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, DrReality said:

But how would playing against second teams inn the NBA measure up against the best in Europe?

Hard to quantify, but his teammates included Anthony Randolph and Chris Singleton, if that helps.

1 hour ago, SerbianHawk said:

Hi everybody, it's been long time since I was here last time.

I am from Europe and I watched Malcolm a lot last couple of years.  And let mi tell you: You got THE STEAL!

This may be the best sign Bud ever did. By far.  I don't have words to express how good this guy is. Someone said beast. Well, he is no beast, but I never saw US player in Europe so talented and smooth like him.

First, he is great team player, true point guard, great passer (don't let 6 assists per game fool you, in Europe they count them differently), his court vision is incredible, and his shooting is... I dont know what to say. Maybe best thing about him is how easy he creates for himself and others and how cool he is in the clutch. In Europe crowd is very, very hostile, to say the least, when you play away they spit at players, throwing everything they got at them, threatening to kill them, they have those lasers always in the eyes of opponents and so on, for American fan is hard to imagine atmosfere like that...And Malcolm... He is like born to play under pressure. I don't know his shooting percentages, but when the game is on the line he always scores or finds the open man. I never saw him missed important bucket. I swear.

So, to cut this short, Atlanta got the biggest steal ever, but they must use him right. He could easily be second best scorer on this team.

Thanks for the info Serbian hawk. If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by assists in Europe count differently?

• Like 1

Unless we sign a veteran pg that still has some game I'm thinking our 2.  Pero was the first back up center off the bench when we brought him over.    

He is also 26 or 27 (I think) and has played a lot of pro ball so he isn't a traditional rookie straight from college.    If he runs the team well during the summer league I think he can lock down the primary back up PG to start the year

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

So is he our #2 or #3? I guess we will have to wait and see.

hace 6 minutos, DarnShadyRefs dijo:

Thanks for the info Serbian hawk. If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by assists in Europe count differently?

That's not an assist for example. An assist for a three pointer doesn't count in FIBA basketball.

Oh well, I made I mistake. I thought I heard that a pass for a three pointer never counted as an assist, but I searched the rule:

An assist in Europe is:

-When you pass the ball and, if there is no dribble and your teammate scores (here is the difference with the NBA, you can dribble once or twice and still it's an assist)

-When you pass the ball to midcourt in a fastbreak and it ends in points, but only if there is no opposition to the basket

Edited by Ebert
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DarnShadyRefs said:

Yes.

Well, It's not easy to explain cause FIBA rules are bit crazy and they change them every year, but something like this:

In Europe you can't put the ball down, you can't dribble after you get the ball,  you must score after direct pass.  So, if you get the ball in the lane you must score, if you rotate of fake with the ball down - it is not assist. Also, creating for shooters, like Ebert said,  is not consider assists also, only at fastbreaks. They consider assists only when is obvious that you created 100% field goal from your pass to your teammate.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Yes.

Well, It's not easy to explain cause FIBA rules are bit crazy and they change them every year, but something like this:

In Europe you can't put the ball down, you can't dribble after you get the ball,  you must score after direct pass.  So, if you get the ball in the lane you must score, if you rotate of fake with the ball down - it is not assist. Also, creating for shooters, like Ebert said,  is not consider assists also, only at fastbreaks. They consider assists only when is obvious that you created 100% field goal from your pass to your teammate.

1 hour ago, Ebert said:

Oh well, I made I mistake. I thought I heard that a pass for a three pointer never counted as an assist, but I searched the rule:

An assist in Europe is:

-When you pass the ball and, if there is no dribble and your teammate scores (here is the difference with the NBA, you can dribble once or twice and still it's an assist)

-When you pass the ball to midcourt in a fastbreak and it ends in points, but only if there is no opposition to the basket

Wow thanks guys. That makes his assist stats even more impressive!