• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The more I think about it...

volman

I completely agree.   I think next season is full of potential and the Hawks may shock some folks.   If nothing else it won't be status quo from the past couple of years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

I completely agree.   I think next season is full of potential and the Hawks may shock some folks.   If nothing else it won't be status quo from the past couple of years.

Status quo the last two years including playoffs was 120 wins so not so bad. We have addressed the biggest weakness we had against the Cavs though other than missing wide open threes when we had to have them. Rebounds and defending the paint and rim has been improved substantially. Ready to see us against the Cavs in the playoffs this year.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

Exactly. I don't even care if we take a step back. We put ourselves out there and got a hall of famer. 

I am confident we will get there some day. Next year we max Sap and get another superstar for our big 4 + baze. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Status quo the last two years including playoffs was 120 wins so not so bad. We have addressed the biggest weakness we had against the Cavs though other than missing wide open threes when we had to have them. Rebounds and defending the paint and rim has been improved substantially. Ready to see us against the Cavs in the playoffs this year.  

Yeah, Dwight has actually beat LeBron in the playoffs. Something nobody else on the roster can say.

3 hours ago, volman said:

Exactly. I don't even care if we take a step back. We put ourselves out there and got a hall of famer. 

I am confident we will get there some day. Next year we max Sap and get another superstar for our big 4 + baze. 

Yeah, Spurs, Cavs, Boston, Bulls, etc. took chances on people. It's about time ATL does the same.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah, Spurs, Cavs, Boston, Bulls, etc. took chances on people. It's about time ATL does the same.

Exactly!!!!!

27 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I think coach bud is going to get the best out of Howard. We needed change. 

Right! He's coached David Robinson and Duncan. He should know how to use Dwight well. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If all things go right, this team has a lot more potential than most people are appreciating right now. If Dennis can break out he can easily eclipse Teague's production from last year (which wasn't that great for the most part). If Baze continues to grow, Korver rebounds from his bad season, the rooks and the euro point guard work out as productive bench players, and Dwight really buys in and is focused on turning his career around then we should definitely eclipse last year's win total. Obviously we aren't at a championship level, but we may end up being a better team then last year. Sure, there's a lot of ifs here, but at the very least it will be interesting to see how this team comes together. We had already witnessed the ceiling for the Horf-Teague-Sap core, so it wasn't very compelling to see year three of the same results. 

If you look at the top 5-10 teams in the NBA every year there usually is 3 top players averaging 30+ minutes a game that have 18+ Player efficiency ratings.. We need Dennis to be one of these because Paul & Dwight will be there. We need Baze to have a strong year as well.

Hands down the best situation for us would to somehow get Dwyane Wade... Not sure how but it would put right close to Cleveland.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If you look at the top 5-10 teams in the NBA every year there usually is 3 top players averaging 30+ minutes a game that have 18+ Player efficiency ratings.. We need Dennis to be one of these because Paul & Dwight will be there. We need Baze to have a strong year as well.

Hands down the best situation for us would to somehow get Dwyane Wade... Not sure how but it would put right close to Cleveland.

We can't get Wade unless we get rid of Paul or Howard. He is looking to get paid BIG money.

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I think we would have to over pay to even have a small chance at Wade.   He is looking for big contract and we wouldn't get a championship contender discount.   Not sure he puts us past Cleveland and with our luck he would blow out his crusty knees in training camp

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

We can't get Wade unless we get rid of Paul or Howard. He is looking to get paid BIG money.

Exactly...  So, instead we need Dennis to step up big time in his efficiency. And best way to do that is get the 3 ball going MUCH better (too many crucial misses BUT there were many CRUCIAL makes!) and better finishing at the rim.

I also believe Dennis will get the PNR going real good with Dwight. That will help a TON with offensive efficiency.

• Like 1