• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al was missing his Chip

benhillboy

:Horford: "I got my chip.  See all dees banners in the rafters in BOS."

But wait Al, you didn't win those championships.  You ain't got no rangs.

:Horford: "F*ck you, kg"

(Seems Dolf neglected to remove the aloce emojicon from mobile. Mwahahaha)

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Remember when Millsap got that life  size statue? mmmmmmmmm

Wow forgot about that! Ya know all this talk about Horford a franchise corner stone is a bit wierd. Can you be a franchise cornerstone without being a guy you can depend on to get a bucket when needed?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

I kept trying to wait for Horford to be our Tim Duncan but he never materialized to anything but a 12/7 guy at best. Sad. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, volman said:

I kept trying to wait for Horford to be our Tim Duncan but he never materialized to anything but a 12/7 guy at best. Sad. 

:Bud: *sip* "Man, you know I was tellin' Kenny 'n them the same d*mn thang last year." *burp*

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:Bud: *sip* "Man, you know I was tellin' Kenny 'n them the same d*mn thang last year." *burp*

For whatever reason my eyes have been opened to how much of a superstar Sap has been for us. Hope we give him the max. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, volman said:

For whatever reason my eyes have been opened to how much of a superstar Sap has been for us. Hope we give him the max. 

Whoa, let's ease back a little.  Sap's max will be over 30 mil IIUC.  He's been really good but .... whoo that's a grip for a guy in his mid 30's.  Hoping the Bulls fail to gel, trade Sap for Butler to help propel their tank.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, let's ease back a little.  Sap's max will be over 30 mil IIUC.  He's been really good but .... whoo that's a grip for a guy in his mid 30's.  Hoping the Bulls fail to gel, trade Sap for Butler to help propel their tank.

Yep $38 mil per  will be Sap's max -WOW-ZER

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

We gonna let him walk too? 

22 minutes ago, volman said:

We gonna let him walk too? 

May have to.  Gotta do what makes sense.  It's why they were so quick to put him on the block a few days ago.

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

May have to.  Gotta do what makes sense.  It's why they were so quick to put him on the block a few days ago.

No way man!!!

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

It just hit me.  Al is arguably the only player under Bud without a chip on his shoulder.

2 National Championships, an All-Star before Bud, ROY runner-up, never experienced missing the playoffs.  He's the only one who hasn't made significant strides in his game.  

A career PF/ C drifting out to the three point line is a regression IMO.  By his easy mid range stroke we figured he could shoot mid-30s from the arc.  The main two things he should be doing as a PF, drawing fouls and grabbing boards, have also regressed.

He never seemed to have a relationship with Bud either way.  Kyle and DeMarre were probably the favorites.  Dennis and Jeff got the tough love.   He trusted Sap to be the workhorse and clearly put a huge amount of time into his development, who's now unrecognizable to Jazz fans.  But it's like he and Al had only a casual business relationship becuase clearly Al didn't feel he needed any development.  

Bud is a Pop disciple, the guy who calls a timeout after his team surrenders an aggregious offensive rebound, 1 minute after a previous timeout and curses out everyone, let alone the Bigs.  Bud gave Al too much leeway and leniency becuase he was the defacto "face" of the franchise.  

I actually hope Stevens brings more of a college coach style and lights a fire under his ass.  For whatever reason Bud found a way to do so in all of his players except the most decorated one.  How do you quadruple your career three pointers made total in one year yet post your 5th highest PER?  You're entitled and your dad makes you believe the franchise owes you something that's how.

If Dwight comes in with that chip, Bud will turn him into an MVP candidate.  If he feels he's owed his stupid "touches" without refining his footwork, awareness, and free throw shooting, trouble is on the horizon.

Very insightful. 

It's true.  Al hasn't worked on his game since Drew was coaching.  Not to be better.  Al has worked to do less physically demanding things.   I think it's good that he went to Boston though.  They have tough guys.  Olynk and Crowder and Jerebko are all tough guys.  Even IT is a tough guy.  I think Al can hide his softness in that see of tough guys until we come to town.  I think Al will put on but he's never done well against a motivated Dwight and he will cringe against MVP Paul Millsap.   Even Dennis may give him the business.  

Bloodsport my friends.  I suspect that Bud will have us bulldozing the league by Jan.

• Like 1