• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this our 2016-17 Roster?

Yeah, I just don't see the room for Crabbe. Our young wing corps going forward past this season seems to already be setup with Baze, Hardaway, Prince, and Bembry. Teams only carry 5 to 6 wings in a given season, and I could see one of Korver or Thabo sticking around another season after this one.

The only major change I can envision in our wing group is if Prince doesn't step up in 2016 and look like someone that will develop into a starter in the next few years. If that happens, then we might go out and sign a starting SF or draft another young one.

But other than that, I think our wings are fairly set for the next few years. Of course, that assumes Hardaway continues to progress, and Bemby and Prince develop into what we think they can be.

Edited by RandomFan

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'll say this.... it all does  make you wonder if they're going to try to keep all three of their RFAs. That could get pricey.

Yikes! 4yr $75M offer? That's more than Baze got from us. Definitely a no thanks at that price.

And if we're just talking wishful thinking, then I'd rather have Harkless from them.

Edited by RandomFan

On 7/4/2016 at 10:04 AM, bird_dirt said:

I hope this isn't it.  I'm so ready to cut bait on Patterson, Scott, and Muscala (unfortunately that won't happen now).

Maybe?:

Dennis, Delaney, ?

Baze, Korver, Bembry

Sef or THJ (depending on match up), Prince

Sap, ?, Muscala

D12, Splitter, Edy

Bring back Humph or another serviceable PF/C to drop Mike down, and a PG.

I don't like Baze at SF. And for as much as every one is itching to get rid of Splitter, I think he's a great BU C on what's now a very reasonable contract. 

Bud won't bring back Humphries,  Muscala is the one player that will always have a home with Bud.  Hilarious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

Bud won't bring back Humphries,  Muscala is the one player that will always have a home with Bud.  Hilarious.

Doesn't make to much since no matter how little he cost because of how poorly Moose contributes on the floor. We still don't know about our other backup PF's future with us right now either so it makes even less sense to me.

• Premium Member

Had to pick up Moose on that contract. Had to. If someone in training camp beats him out, or if you acquire a more useful weapon, fine. But it wouldn't make sense to not hold on. Heck, if nothing else, he represents a tweaker salary that can be valuable in a trade. Personally, I haven't given up on him, but it is  time for him to make his mark.

• Moderators

As far as I am concerned, Moose and Patterson are disposable.  Wish we had not guaranteed Moose's contract.  Let that option pass and then offer him an unguaranteed deal.  This is the season where he either shows he can contribute as a backup or is out of the league.  Patterson is already one foot out of the league, I think we are the only team that would be willing to roster him.

Splitter seems like a fine backup at C.

Korver seems like  he should excel in minutes on the floor with Dwight.  He will be a key guy but should have his minutes reduced this season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

As far as I am concerned, Moose and Patterson are disposable.  Wish we had not guaranteed Moose's contract.  Let that option pass and then offer him an unguaranteed deal.  This is the season where he either shows he can contribute as a backup or is out of the league.  Patterson is already one foot out of the league, I think we are the only team that would be willing to roster him.

Splitter seems like a fine backup at C.

Korver seems like  he should excel in minutes on the floor with Dwight.  He will be a key guy but should have his minutes reduced this season.

Splitter only plays 30-50 games though. He never remains healthy.

• Premium Member

Be fair. Last year Tiago played 36 games. In his healthiest season, he played 81. Otherwise, he's played 52, 59, 59, and 60, and some of those games missed were simply DNP-CD's in SA.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hmmmm.... opportunity strikes? Some of us were really hot for Saric two drafts ago, and it was widely thought that Budcox had sought to move up to get him.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242766/Dario-Saric-May-Not-Join-76ers-For-16-17

2016-07-08_1127.png

I really liked this guy before but his sense of entitlement is pissing me off. He acts like he needs to be a starter and if he's not he won't put the effort to try. If he's just a whiney sob I'm not sure I want him anymore.

• Premium Member

I dunno. This is different to me than simply being whiny. There is a true business reason for being hesitant. Until now, it appeared that Sixers were going to clear some of their lottery picks stash via trade, which in turn, opens up some playing time, but that hasn't happened. In fact, they still haven't even dealt for a legit PG. Their whole off-season right now is a real head scratcher.... imagine that.... like that ever happened before, eh?

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I really liked this guy before but his sense of entitlement is pissing me off. He acts like he needs to be a starter and if he's not he won't put the effort to try. If he's just a whiney sob I'm not sure I want him anymore.

I kinda agree.  @sturt has a point.  Staying over 1 year makes sense from a $$$ standpoint but then stop all the rumors about wanting to come over to compete.  Then months later saying, "welp, I'm not coming oh and btw I avoid the rookie scale if I stay so .... yeah, it's about bidness."  Make up your mind.

I wouldn't mind us trading for him but what do we have to trade at this point?  Now that Teague's gone and PHI's picked up a bunch of middling guards, we're no longer a trade-match with PHI.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I kinda agree.  @sturt has a point.  Staying over 1 year makes sense from a $$$ standpoint but then stop all the rumors about wanting to come over to compete.  Then months later saying, "welp, I'm not coming oh and btw I avoid the rookie scale if I stay so .... yeah, it's about bidness."  Make up your mind.

I wouldn't mind us trading for him but what do we have to trade at this point?  Now that Teague's gone and PHI's picked up a bunch of middling guards, we're no longer a trade-match with PHI.

I disagree. We can send you over and a bag of Fritos ...lol

• Moderators

I'd love to get him.  I figure his contract is going to be more than $9M per season starting next year, though -- not $9M for 4 years.  Staying over another season is a no brainer.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I disagree. We can send you over and a bag of Fritos ...lol

They might have to throw in some doritos to make it even.

26 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Better be a big bag of fritos if that is the center piece of that deal. :Baze:

:laugh: :argh: