• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Press conference????

phoostal

Does anyone know when we are having a press conference to announce all these moves?   As well as hear Dwight's conference.  Thanks. 

29 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Does anyone know when we are having a press conference to announce all these moves?   As well as hear Dwight's conference.  Thanks. 

Probably after the deals we have in placer are officially approved by the NBA and signed.  Which should happen today.  So maybe a presser tomorrow?

Just heard on the radio  that an introductory press conference for D12 and  Baze will be held next Wednesday at a community rec center  (can't remember name) in the Ben Hill area.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just heard on the radio  that an introductory press conference for D12 and  Baze will be held next Wednesday at a community rec center  (can't remember name) in the Ben Hill area.

Probably Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy(SACA)  It is where he played high school ball

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

My sense.... nay my hope... is that it's planned that far out b/c it's anticipated that there likely is to be at least one more major acquisition between now and then.

That would make sense. Now and Wednesday is such a long time. Even KD got his press conference out of the way.

38 minutes ago, sturt said:

My sense.... nay my hope... is that it's planned that far out b/c it's anticipated that there likely is to be at least one more major acquisition between now and then.

Sounds good.  Let's hope that's it. Don't suppose it has anything to do with summer league scheduling, do ya?

1 hour ago, sturt said:

@sturt you may be unto something:

1. As if this last week of NBA transactions wasn't crazy enough, a league source just told me: "We could see a lot of trades in the next week."

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I hope ur right too! Who is it??? :-)

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

They still haven't officially signed Dwight. Makes me think they are possibly trying to work a SnT with Houston, but I am not sure what they would use the cap space on now that Horford's cap hold is gone.

True, true.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Would a SnT have cap implications for the following year as well, or just this year?

I'd answer, but I'm not sure what you're asking... any signing at all has cap implications, and then the length of the contract is what dicatates for how long it naturally does so. But I think you're probably asking something else (?).

3 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

They still haven't officially signed Dwight. Makes me think they are possibly trying to work a SnT with Houston, but I am not sure what they would use the cap space on now that Horford's cap hold is gone.

Boston hasn't officially signed him of whom we do not speak either.  Does his cap hold still affect our ability to proceed?

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I'd answer, but I'm not sure what you're asking... any signing at all has cap implications, and then the length of the contract is what dicatates for how long it naturally does so. But I think you're probably asking something else (?).

I was thinking the cap hit would be less for Howard if traded, something like Horford. Ie paying horford 25 million, but only having 18 count against the cap.

I didn't know a) if that benefit carried on to future years and b) if so, does Howard qualify if traded. 

I have no clue if Houston had him for long enough or what ever the requirements are for that to be the case.