• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaq could've been with the Hawks in 96

phoostal

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So you believe anything anyone tells you huh? Gullible Gus is ur new nickname..

No, I believe things people tell me when they make sense. What you are doing is even worse, you're declaring it a flat out lie based on absolutely nothing but your desire to do so - Reactionary Reggie.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Unlike the Lakers...and we see how that played out. Hindsight is 20/20, but all Kasten would have to do is get handshake agreements that if he did end up moving player X or Y that Shaq would indeed sign with us. That's the kind of thing that happens nowdays all the time. I'm sure that was an option then. But Kasten appears to have been so reluctant to moving Mookie or Laetner that talks never progressed to that stage. If true, then all of that blame lies on the shoulders of Kasten.

You miss the point of being a contingency option.  The Lakers knew it was either them or Orlando if they cleared the room for Shaq.  For us, Shaq would never have promised to come to Atlanta if we created the room.  With the same room available he was going to LA.  Him rejecting us a few years ago is pretty solid proof that until now he didn't have us high on his priority list.  

We were his fallback option.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

You miss the point of being a contingency option.  The Lakers knew it was either them or Orlando if they cleared the room for Shaq.  For us, Shaq would never have promised to come to Atlanta if we created the room.  With the same room available he was going to LA.  Him rejecting us a few years ago is pretty solid proof that until now he didn't have us high on his priority list.  

The way I read the article,  the Lakers weren't an option when they were talking to the Hawks.  They didn't discuss the Lakers until they ruled out the teams mentioned in the article. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

No, I believe things people tell me when they make sense. What you are doing is even worse, you're declaring it a flat out lie based on absolutely nothing but your desire to do so - Reactionary Reggie.

Ok Gus, whatever you say. 

Ps Chris Broussard just reported that boogie men do indeed exist so be sure to check under your bed tonight.

41 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

No, I believe things people tell me when they make sense.

This next comment makes sense, how exactly?

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok Gus, whatever you say. 

Ps Chris Broussard just reported that boogie men do indeed exist so be sure to check under your bed tonight.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/e1/48/0ce1488104a4281129a90c338aa649eb.jpg

Edited by RandomFan

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

You miss the point of getting handshake agreements negating the possibility of being a contingency option. We make the moves if you agree to sign here once those moves are made. If not, then we don't make those moves. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

This next comment makes sense, how exactly?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/e1/48/0ce1488104a4281129a90c338aa649eb.jpg

I dunno why I get the feeling you haven't followed the NBA very long. Everything isn't all peachy...there's a lot of crap involved.

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I dunno why I get the feeling you haven't followed the NBA very long. Everything isn't all peachy...there's a lot of crap involved.

Yeah, only like 35 years or so...

It's quite funny considering your last sentence there that you find this article so far-fetched.

Edited by RandomFan

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

It's quite funny considering your last sentence there that you find this article so far fetched.

Speak English please I can't understand  you. Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Speak English please I can't understand  you. Thanks in advance.

It's clear you don't understand a great many things, the English language apparently among them. But still...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/000/059/166/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Edited by RandomFan

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

It's quite funny considering your last sentence there that you find this article so far fetched.

Can you translate this for me? I'm just having trouble understand your jibberish is all. 

Also, there's no need to personally attack me by saying I don't understand many things, there's no call for that here. Got it?

16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Can you translate this for me? I'm just having trouble understand your jibberish is all. 

Also, there's no need to personally attack me by saying I don't understand many things, there's no call for that here. Got it?

Umm, you started it bro, suggesting a perfectly grammatically correct sentence somehow was improper English. So take your own advice. I genuinely thought you were being an intentional douchebag, because it's not a difficult sentence to understand by any stretch of the imagination.

Assuming you legitimately didn't understand -- here is the last sentence you posted that I was referencing: "Everything isn't all peachy...there's a lot of crap involved."

My response was "It's quite funny considering your last sentence there that you find this article so far-fetched."

What is confusing about that? You pointed out how things aren't all peachy and a lot of crap is involved in the NBA. Yet you find an article with a lot of crap being involved apparently far-fetched without even entertaining the possibility that it might be true. What's more, is you dismissed it out of hat. I'm not saying the article is true, I hedged all of my posts on the assumption that "if" the article were true. You just busted in stating as fact that it was all a lie, based on...nothing.

Edited by RandomFan

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Umm, you started it bro, suggesting a perfectly grammatically correct sentence somehow was improper English. So take your own advice. I genuinely thought you were being an intentional douchebag about it because it's not a difficult sentence to understand.

Assuming you legitimately didn't understand -- here is the last sentence you posted that I was referencing: "Everything isn't all peachy...there's a lot of crap involved."

My response was "It's quite funny considering your last sentence there that you find this article so far-fetched."

What is confusing about that? You pointed out how things aren't all peach and a lot of crap is involved in the NBA. Yet you find an article with a lot of crap being involved apparently far-fetched.

WHAT? Lol. I find that article full of crap. I also said there is a lot of crap in the NBA. 

How is that contradicting myself? 

I really need somebody to take a look at this because one of us is an idiot. Lol

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't believe the article. It's BS. Not even Kasten was that stupid. After the fact bs articles 20 years later are full of crap. Shaq was going to the Lakers no matter what.

Yeah, based on that ESPN special on Shaq and ORL, Shaq wanted that Hollywood exposure.

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

My only response to you right now is this

https://runila15.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/castle_confused_medium1.gif?w=300&h=169

So it's probably best we just move along.

I noticed you edited your previous post. Smartest move you've made all day. It was really confusing.

14 hours ago, phoostal said:

In the article below look at the possible teams Shaq was thinking about going to in the summer of 96.  The Hawks were a real good possibility instead of the Lakers.  However, Stan Kasten nixed the deal because he didn't want to get rid of Mookie or Lattener.  Unbelievable, Kasten is stupid and should have been fired on the spot.  I can't imagine what that move could have done for this franchise. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-inside-story-how-the-orlando-magic-let-the-lakers-steal-shaquille-oneal/

What?

This was the snag. After running all the numbers, Smith, an All-Star caliber player, was probably the odd man out, and we didn't like the idea of losing Smith. Eventually, Atlanta, which had become a legitimate contingency option, fell completely out of consideration when it signed Dikembe Mutombo to a five-year, $50 million deal.