• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Matt Kemp a Brave

It sounds like the Braves will keep Kemp, but national speculation is the Braves would flip him for prospects.   word is his defense is awful, but it couldn't be any worse than Manny Ramirez (right?).

At any rate if the team keeps him we certainly have a lot more right handed power.  that should help Freeman. Now the question is where does he play?  left field seems to be the best spot to cover up his lack of mobility.  Ender and Markakis (if still Brave) handle cf and rf respectively.  I'm not sure where Mallex fits in, but maybe he's CF and Ender goes to RF?

• Moderators

Hated that Olivera trade from the beginning.  This one is also a bit of a head scratcher if we don't flip Kemp but I don't think Olivera was going to do anything for us anyway.  Face saving is the right word for this move.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hated that Olivera trade from the beginning.  This one is also a bit of a head scratcher if we don't flip Kemp but I don't think Olivera was going to do anything for us anyway.  Face saving is the right word for this franchise.

Kemp basically cost the Braves around $8M per for the next 3 years. He is still only 31 which he turn just recently. I think the Braves hold onto unless his production just completely falls off which doesn't appear to be happening. Stick him in Lf and we will be fine.  Let be honest we need a power bat from the right side and someone who can protect Freddie in the line-up. If the Braves try to solve that in the FA market it will be $20M+ for a player on the decline.

On a sidenote this might warm some Braves fans up to Kemp.  Matt Kemp wrote this  for the Players Tribune.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-kemp-braves-padres-trade/

Matt Kemp will not finish out his contract in Atlanta, if he doesn't implode like a lot of hitters that Atlanta has grabbed, he's getting dumped to the AL in July next year.

For such a good player he used to be he may end up having 4 teams pay a share of money on this contract to end it.

We're close to the Braves FO having to make a face saving move for the franchise but not quite there, this offseason will tell a lot. If they don't make some smart and savvy moves to fix the main issues they have (catcher and third base mainly), they have some explaining to do in 2017 to an already angry fan base.

Don't even need to make the playoffs, but they need to upgrade from completely embarrassing.

Edited by Lurker