• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the starting lineups. Hawks 10th

macdaddy

That Rockets roster is horrendous.

Mavs will be lucky if they get the Bucks-level Bogut.  He's done without Draymond to push him.

I'm taking the Pistons over us after you swap positions with Harris and Morris 

Love Tony Allen to death, never been a starting level 2

Not feeling Boston either.  I'd bet they don't have any All-Stars.

I can't knock the Jazz ranking too much.  I hate George Hill with all my heart, but the rest of that lineup are well-above average starters.

Tony Parker and Danny Green, ugh.

I've never understood why Deandre Jordan is so highly regarded in the league.  The only thing I admire about him is he's fully aware of the litany of things he can't do and doesn't try them.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

That Rockets roster is horrendous.

Mavs will be lucky if they get the Bucks-level Bogut.  He's done without Draymond to push him.

I'm taking the Pistons over us after you swap positions with Harris and Morris 

Love Tony Allen to death, never been a starting level 2

Not feeling Boston either.  I'd bet they don't have any All-Stars.

I can't knock the Jazz ranking too much.  I hate George Hill with all my heart, but the rest of that lineup are well-above average starters.

Tony Parker and Danny Green, ugh.

I've never understood why Deandre Jordan is so highly regarded in the league.  The only thing I admire about him is he's fully aware of the litany of things he can't do and doesn't try them.

Agree on everything here, but if Al made the all-star team as a Hawk he's going again barring injury.   

54 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Agree on everything here, but if Al made the all-star team as a Hawk he's going again barring injury.   

I'm gonna disagree with this. I mean I'm not totally hating on Al here but if he doesn't raise the level of his game, at his age, it's possible he may have seen his last all star game.

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm gonna disagree with this. I mean I'm not totally hating on Al here but if he doesn't raise the level of his game, at his age, it's possible he may have seen his last all star game.

It's possible that he'll make it but we gotta remember he barely made it as an injury replacement last year.  The decision to remove the positional requirement of adding a center meant his all-star appearances were always going to be in jeopardy going forward.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:40 AM, macdaddy said:

That's the thing.   Everyone acts like Boston had a great season and now with Al their poised to take the next step.   We knocked them out in the first round pretty easily.   If it had been the other way around all we would have heard was how exposed we got in the playoffs.   Frankly we heard that anyway despite taking care of the C's.   

We are going to crush Boston and I am going to love every minute of it. Indy is the sleeper that no one is watching, and they should be. I think we are better than both but watch out if George and Teague build some chemistry.

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We are going to crush Boston and I am going to love every minute of it. Indy is the sleeper that no one is watching, and they should be. I think we are better than both but watch out if George and Teague build some chemistry.

I feel that way too.  I think they have a chance to be #2 in the east.   Teague's impact is being underrated.   I think he'll have a bigger impact on Indy than Al will in Boston.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's possible that he'll make it but we gotta remember he barely made it as an injury replacement last year.  The decision to remove the positional requirement of adding a center meant his all-star appearances were always going to be in jeopardy going forward.

Remember also that All-Star teams are not as closely tied to merit as the All-NBA teams.  He will have a big boost from player in media-centric Boston and if Boston is a top 4 seed at the AS break and he is doing his normal routine, his odds are very good at getting in, IMO.

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Remember also that All-Star teams are not as closely tied to merit as the All-NBA teams.  He will have a big boost from player in media-centric Boston and if Boston is a top 4 seed at the AS break and he is doing his normal routine, his odds are very good at getting in, IMO.

Yes.   And forward last year were George, James, Melo which may be the starters again.

There reserves were:

Bosh, Sap, Drummond, Gasol, and Horford

Bosh and Gasol are gone for sure.   I'd be surprised if Sap gets the nod again.   Dwight may make it though.  Even so you're talking about room for Horford.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.   And forward last year were George, James, Melo which may be the starters again.

There reserves were:

Bosh, Sap, Drummond, Gasol, and Horford

Bosh and Gasol are gone for sure.   I'd be surprised if Sap gets the nod again.   Dwight may make it though.  Even so you're talking about room for Horford.  

Sap is getting in. He has the leagues complete respect now and all that respect will cost us during his free agency campaign.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I feel that way too.  I think they have a chance to be #2 in the east.   Teague's impact is being underrated.   I think he'll have a bigger impact on Indy than Al will in Boston.

#2 seed is a bit much, but I see Indy as one of the top 4. Miami has lost Wade and it looks like they are trying to get Bosh to be medically retired or something so they can get his cap cleared, I think we have an easy run to 1st in the Southeast.

The Wizards are still the Wizards, a threat when playing well but consistency is not their forte. Quite honestly their front line has nothing for us. Charlotte is young and I think they will miss Jefferson a lot more than many realize. Orlando is improved but they are not quite ready for prime-time with their young players in Payton and Gordon.

The Southeast is ours for the taking and so is the 2nd or 3rd seed.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think it'll be a stretch and, again, it'll take an injury replacement type scenario still.

On a totally unrelated note, I just saw Jalen Rose in the grocery store.  Crazy how many players live/spend time in the Atlanta area yet we still can't be a free agent draw.  I just shake my head whenever I think about it.

Oh and even though I'm a huge Fab5 fan, I didn't go full @Spud2Nique and throw my panties at him.

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think it'll be a stretch and, again, it'll take an injury replacement type scenario still.

On a totally unrelated note, I just saw Jalen Rose in the grocery store.  Crazy how many players live/spend time in the Atlanta area yet we still can't be a free agent draw.  I just shake my head whenever I think about it.

Oh and even though I'm a huge Fab5 fan, I didn't go full @Spud2Nique and throw my panties at him.

Lol...that's pretty good I cracked a smile ..but speaking like this isn't gonna get you closer to my angels special edition Victoria secret thong...

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We got a big one this offseason. Maybe its a new trend for us.

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...that's pretty good I cracked a smile ..but speaking like this isn't gonna get you closer to my angels special edition Victoria secret thong...

They make those in mega-4 XL? (ohhhh)

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

We got a big one this offseason. Maybe its a new trend for us.

Tide turnin?  Hope so ...

So hard to tell with Indy. They have the players but will Nate loosen the reigns on the team's greyhounds this time around. His last few years at head coach he didn't. An interesting team to watch this upcoming season for sure.