• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the starting lineups. Hawks 10th

macdaddy

• Moderators

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-starting-lineups-hint-warriors-are-pretty-good/

10th doesn't surprise me but some of the others do.   Like Utah being 5th.   Boston at 7 seems overrated to me but I'm biased against them anyway.     And then coming in behind the Pistons seems strange.   

Indy at 19?  under the radar for sure.   I guess there isn't that much respect for Teague.  

• Like 1

Detroit sucks, Boston sucks, both of them are like 10 spots too high for my liking. Indy is a few spots too low they should be around 12 not 19. Utah is gonna be good I have no problem with them but maybe more at 9 not 5. Our spot seems fair but I'd put us at the 6th or 7th spot due to our D. We will be shutting some people up. And oh ya, F*ck the Warriors.

I can see UT.  Certainly more than BOS and DET.  Honestly, I think MEM is too high as well.  We're about right considering the 'wait n see' factor.  IND should be a little higher but, now that I really look at it, they're not as skrong as I thought they were.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-starting-lineups-hint-warriors-are-pretty-good/

10th doesn't surprise me but some of the others do.   Like Utah being 5th.   Boston at 7 seems overrated to me but I'm biased against them anyway.     And then coming in behind the Pistons seems strange.   

Indy at 19?  under the radar for sure.   I guess there isn't that much respect for Teague.  

It's respectable. You can tell who wrote this don't watch all the teams.  

Hawks starting lineup is not ALL this team is about.  Seems that our bench is going to be pretty good.

Gotta wonder, with the Celtics being so great, how strong is their bench?  Are they better than ours?

76ers will not, in my opinion, end up as #30.  They will not be great but they are gaining on good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Boston has a roster of role players. Them being ranked 7th is laughable.

• Like 2

i havent read the whole article, but i think coaching is almost equaly important as are the players, and i believe hawks are pretty good in that part of the game.

I think the hawks squad isnt that strong either but i think the possiblity of them playing as an unit is pretty high.

Worshippers really love Boston don't they. Seventh largely based on an All Star who is too timid to mix it up these days but is enough in their eyes to make Boston a power.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Boston and Utah have two of the best starting lineups in the NBA? Really? I mean...really?

Utah I get more.  They've got two young and improving beasts at PF and C.  They've got two excellent wings at SG and SF.  What they were missing last season was any type of floor leadership at PG.  Now they have a veteran steady hand to add to those stud young pieces.  I get the thought process on that ranking even if I don't think they should be that high until they have proven it.

In contrast, Boston's lineup has proven what it is:  good role players and two guys with a career 4 end of the bench All-Star selections between them.  That could be very enticing for upside if the best guys weren't 30 and 27 / 5-9 respectively.

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boston is last years Bucks, everyone fawning over them and they fell flat.

I think they'll be better than that because I trust Al much more than Greg Monroe.  Their shooting limitations shouldn't change but Al can actually help the floor spacing with his perimeter shooting.  I just see them as marginally improved over a team that was a first round out in the playoffs.  That isn't a top team today or a top group of talent for the future.

• Premium Member
On 8/2/2016 at 9:43 AM, macdaddy said:

I hit the snooze button when I saw Memphis, Boston, and the Clippers ahead of us.

I think it's better if we made up our own Ranking...

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, AHF said:

I think they'll be better than that because I trust Al much more than Greg Monroe.  Their shooting limitations shouldn't change but Al can actually help the floor spacing with his perimeter shooting.  I just see them as marginally improved over a team that was a first round out in the playoffs.  That isn't a top team today or a top group of talent for the future.

That's the thing.   Everyone acts like Boston had a great season and now with Al their poised to take the next step.   We knocked them out in the first round pretty easily.   If it had been the other way around all we would have heard was how exposed we got in the playoffs.   Frankly we heard that anyway despite taking care of the C's.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's the thing.   Everyone acts like Boston had a great season and now with Al their poised to take the next step.   We knocked them out in the first round pretty easily.   If it had been the other way around all we would have heard was how exposed we got in the playoffs.   Frankly we heard that anyway despite taking care of the C's.   

My main memory from that series is all the bailing out the refs gave Isaiah Thomas. Was such an irritation and felt like borderline collusion. Was nice to see Dennis in that jerks face. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

My main memory from that series is all the bailing out the refs gave Isaiah Thomas. Was such an irritation and felt like borderline collusion. Was nice to see Dennis in that jerks face. 

The lack of punishment for Thomas and the spanking of Dennis in retaliation was the absolute worst of that to me.  If Dennis hits Thomas in the face, he is suspended, not given a free pass.  Thomas was just pissed that Dennis was making life hard on him while  his team lost.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There's no way the Jazz have a top five starting lineup. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. I agree that they should be a better squad this year but putting them ahead of playoff teams is just silly. Let them at least make the playoffs before we crown them.

And yes, I feel the same about my beloved TWolves. We know they are going to be good before too long but until they actually do something then you can't crown them.

• Like 2