Defense looks familiar VS Dolfins

Gray Mule

Where is all that "Got Sacks" defense?  Didn't happen at all Thursday night, did it.

Secondary pass defense also looked familiar.  Let the receiver catch the ball, then

see if you can tackle him.

Second string QB looks better than the starter.

Offense can't hold on to the ball and Falcons are still allergic to the red zone.

• Like 1

I thought the Falcons defense was decent in the first quarter, despite the lack of sacks.

Our offensive line still worries me a bit.  Ryan was still scrambling fairly often.

I hope the Falcons err on the side of caution with Neal's injury and allow him ample time to recover, even if that means he misses 2 regular season games instead of 1.

Jones and Campbell looked crazy fast on defense which is the opposite of Worrilow and our LBs in general last year so at some point I expect them to be starting and hopefully shining this year. McKissic at kick return is just plain exciting. Think he is going to be a consistent highlight for us this year even though he doesn't have a guarantee yet. Offense is pretty scary awkward right now. Two weeks to get it right, jeez. Still intensely dislike Shanahan and his disregard for any of his quarterback's health. 

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

McKissic at kick return is just plain exciting.

I love how Special Teams have adjusted to the ridiculous rule changes on the kick off.  Guys are booting them straight up around the goal line to give their coverage team a chance to get a stop inside the 20, which is essential to a great defense.  The decisions a returner makes are still one of the most exciting events of an NFL game and still impact the outcome  heavily despite the NFL trying to foolishly change the game under the fake guise of player safety.  I wonder if the geniuses in the league office finally realize they can't control the who's, what's, when's, why's, and how's of injuries in football. Duh.

As far as the Falcons, I have no faith.  With most of the money tied up in an arguably mediocre QB and an oft-injured WR and a First Round Pass Rusher losing confindence and responsibility with each passing day, I don't see any direction.  I'm looking forward to a few more Barry-like scampers from Vonte, some solid play from the defensive line interior, and that's it.  Julio, as phenomenal as he is, already seems tired of the responsibility of carrying the offense and being gang tackled damn near every play.

• Like 2

Well this is a pretty terrible thread here. You guys actually started to make me doubt the team and I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest falcon apologist on the board. Julio is the best wideout in the league (apologies to AB), Sanu is an upgrade over Roddy at this point and he's damn good at YAC which is what this offense is based on. Robinson really lets us stretch the field and Hardy should give us good play out of the slot. Free and Teco is a great backfield and the offensive line will be top 10 possibly top 5 this year. Defense looks good besides the lack of pass rush but I'm sure Dwight being out there with Vic is going to help that out and Grady Jarrett is a monster that nobody is recognizing yet. The run defense is going to be STOUT!!! Those young linebackers bring some major speed to the team and our dbs were already pretty good. I'm looking at 10-6

2 hours ago, jy23 said:

Well this is a pretty terrible thread here. You guys actually started to make me doubt the team and I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest falcon apologist on the board. Julio is the best wideout in the league (apologies to AB), Sanu is an upgrade over Roddy at this point and he's damn good at YAC which is what this offense is based on. Robinson really lets us stretch the field and Hardy should give us good play out of the slot. Free and Teco is a great backfield and the offensive line will be top 10 possibly top 5 this year. Defense looks good besides the lack of pass rush but I'm sure Dwight being out there with Vic is going to help that out and Grady Jarrett is a monster that nobody is recognizing yet. The run defense is going to be STOUT!!! Those young linebackers bring some major speed to the team and our dbs were already pretty good. I'm looking at 10-6

I'm willing to bet you won't go 10-6...change avatar for a month bet?

8 hours ago, jy23 said:

Bet!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing that's a yes? So if the Falcons get 10 or more wins I change my avatar, if they get 9 or less, you change your avatar for one month? Please type CONFIRM so we know the bet is on. 

It is most certainly a bet. And yes sir I am. You know I gotta beat y'all down again 

7 minutes ago, jy23 said:

It is most certainly a bet. And yes sir I am. You know I gotta beat y'all down again 

What's ur team name in fantasy? Am I playing against you right now in fantasy?