• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Projections - Podcast

AHF

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just saw that Gene Wilder passed today.  :sad:

Amazing career with some bona fide classics like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein.  

RIP

When I saw the meme I figured you knew and that was a tribute of sorts.  The only logical solution we can draw from this is that you, in fact, killed Gene Wilder.  Ashley better get her affairs in order.

Kidding (a little).  Agree Wilder had some classics.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

Oh, we're doing this now?  Here's me when that special someone finally defects to SellticSquawk to follow his boi ...

Sarcastic  stop

:laugh: Kidding, Supes.  Oh, y'all didn't know who I was talking 'bout ....:happy:

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Amazing career with some bona fide classics like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein.  

RIP

You forgot one of the other great ones I grew up with...see no evil hear no evil with Richard Pryor. Awesome chemistry between those two guys. RIP.

ps Just curious @AHF did u know about Wilder when you first posted the Charlie n the choc gif earlier this morning or just a coincidence?

48 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You forgot one of the other great ones I grew up with...see no evil hear no evil with Richard Pryor. Awesome chemistry between those two guys. RIP.

ps Just curious @AHF did u know about Wilder when you first posted the Charlie n the choc gif earlier this morning or just a coincidence?

Dude, you better get out while you still can.  You just summoned the devil incarnate.

He didn't know.  As soon as he posted, the news of Wilder's death hit.  IOW, nice knowin' ya bruh.  Not sure you can outrun bad mojo like AHF has.

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I love all his movies but Young Frankenstein is the best. That whole movie is just amazing.

Surprise, surprise, Soth loves a black n' white movie.  Reminds you of moving picture shows from back in your day? :happy:

On August 29, 2016 at 3:41 PM, AHF said:

RIP

Remembering that Young Frankenstein became a midnight movie classic. Not sure how many times I saw it but it was a bunch. Gene was crazy funny.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remembering that Young Frankenstein became a midnight movie classic. Not sure how many times I saw it but it was a bunch. Gene was crazy funny.

The whole...I will not get angry....Abby Normal brain bit just gets me every time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Speaking of such, I know people would probably remember those late movies at Phipps Plaza but how about the theatre at Stonemont on Memorial Drive. I was there for every midnight movie I could make it to in the seventies.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 8/26/2016 at 0:44 PM, Sothron said:

Deke was a nominal threat in the middle, he did have a low post game. I wish he had gotten that baby hook to land better.

I think we're a 45-50 win team if healthy. There's going to be stretches where Dennis is going to show that yes, he's a first time starter and people will rail about a veteran point but those stretches are necessary learning pains.

Really... Our success falls on Dennis.  Dennis is the linchpin and probably the reason why we're being ranked so low.  I mean, Paul and DHoward will make a very formidable front court.  Baze can improve.  It's a pivotal year and if Dennis can be good, this team will be stellar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Really... Our success falls on Dennis.  Dennis is the linchpin and probably the reason why we're being ranked so low.  I mean, Paul and DHoward will make a very formidable front court.  Baze can improve.  It's a pivotal year and if Dennis can be good, this team will be stellar.

Wrong, everyone in the media is bashing Dwight Howard.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Wrong, everyone in the media is bashing Dwight Howard.

Just because everybody is bashing Howard doesn't mean that he's more pivotal to our success than Dennis.  IN a bad year last year, D8 still competed for Rebound King.  The year before, his playoffs were fantastic.  However, Dennis has never been a starter before.   It's been a long time since we've had a starting PG other than Teague.  Dennis is going to have to carry that weight and for the first half of the season, he won't have an experienced BU behind him.   Because of that, we will live or die with the success of Dennis.  Howard has been there before.  He knows how to win.  He's dragged a team past Lebron and into the finals.  Dennis has enjoyed the view from the backup seats.   That's easy play.

Wonder if the media enjoys bashing the Hawks as much as Hawksquawkers enjoy bashing the media. I take a lot of personal and Hawks fandom pride in it. Used to be little more than a hobby but its becoming one of my missions in life. 

• Like 1