• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

The kids are growing up crazy fast and the right coach brought them in and is coaching them the hey up. We may end up with the sack title this year with our version of LT here. The new Legion of Boom is residing in Atlanta. 

• Like 1

Is the Force slowing winning you over Soth? Then again no one really knows why Fisher is still employed. All coaches probably want him on their schedule. Happy to see that many points from us during this playoff stretch.  

• Moderators

We aren't going to win the super bowl so why even care about making the playoffs.   Just kidding!   Thought i'd throw a little nba/squawk logic into the football discussion. 

We have some play makers on offense.   It's exciting to see.  I'll eat crow on Shanahan because i didn't think he was playing to Ryan's strengths last year.   I did always have faith that Ryan was a winning QB (pick-2 aside).  

And what about TD?  He's taken a lot of heat but he managed to find receivers, 2 good backs, and cobbled together an offensive line.  We'd be looking pretty good at the corners if Trufant was't hurt.   

• Like 2

To put up 42 points without Julio and Sanu is impressive as hell regardless of the opponent. I actually hope they rest Julio again against San Fran bc turf toe can be a real nuisance and I don't want that thing lingering around for the playoffs. Get Julio as healthy as possible for the stretch run against Carolina and NO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can't believe we're still fighting for the division.  Two games kind of stolen from us and then a stupid pick-2.   At the very least we should have 2 more wins probably 3.

I don't want to see you guys, the Seahawks or the Giants in the playoffs. I guess that leaves Tampa for my Lions but they've also won 5 in a row. Gonna be a fun playoffs. At least you guys got a healthy Matt Ryan. Our guy Staff got his finger all messed up like Carr and now he's got the Mike Strahan twisted up claymation finger lol

IMG_7402.GIF

52 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can't believe we're still fighting for the division.  Two games kind of stolen from us and then a stupid pick-2.   At the very least we should have 2 more wins probably 3.

Sounds like the Dawgs. Three plays caused three losses.

• Like 1

Remember several games ago there was some heavy attitude about the pass rush that has been missing since Abraham left. Its back and the package delivering for us is twenty four years old and not thirty eight. The only QBs safe in the NFL from him are the ones wearing Falcons jerseys. 

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remember several games ago there was some heavy attitude about the pass rush that has been missing since Abraham left. Its back and the package delivering for us is twenty four years old and not thirty eight. The only QBs safe in the NFL from him are the ones wearing Falcons jerseys. 

I've been waiting for a pass rush in Atlanta for almost a decade.  Thank goodness it is finally developing into something real.  If we can sustain this into the future I'm much more psyched about our chances of making noise in the playoffs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I've been waiting for a pass rush in Atlanta for almost a decade.  Thank goodness it is finally developing into something real.  If we can sustain this into the future I'm much more psyched about our chances of making noise in the playoffs!

Pretty good place to be after a ridiculously long wait. Imagine the opposing O-lines facing after the snap, Grady and Vic (with his crazy effective inside hook) side by side salivating over planting your QB. Hard way to make a living moving forward for those cats. 

Clay should be back before the season is over as well and he was having a good year before he went down. Vic on one side with clay on the other and Freeney sprinkled in will be a good rotation to end the year with. Can't wait to see how they add to this in the offseason 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jy23 said:

Clay should be back before the season is over as well and he was having a good year before he went down. Vic on one side with clay on the other and Freeney sprinkled in will be a good rotation to end the year with. Can't wait to see how they add to this in the offseason 

Just curious about Clayborn's contract. Knowing that next season is on it but is it guaranteed? Can only remember Falcoholic mentioned a lot of performance based incentives being involved. He's good for two or three QB pressures every game and a sack here and there when healthy. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Just curious about Clayborn's contract. Knowing that next season is on it but is it guaranteed? Can only remember Falcoholic mentioned a lot of performance based incentives being involved. He's good for two or three QB pressures every game and a sack here and there when healthy. 

I never saw anything about the guarantees anywhere I just know that in most cases on a two year deal it's an easy out for the team on that second year....doubt they get rid of him tho because he's cheap an the production has been there 

Things can always change, but for now it's great how narrowed down our weaknesses have become. Offensively it's really only Chester. He's a huge negative that won't be around next season. We drafted Schweizter who may be ready to take over or we could acquire someone else. Other than that we need to bring Gabriel back and figure out what we're going to do at TE with Tamme and Toilolo being UFAs. 

Defensively we have so much youth across the board. We look set at CB and SS. I'm not a fan of Allen as a starter, though. We found our Kam Chancellor and now we need our Earl Thomas (as close as we can get). Mostly we need to keep bolstering our front 7. We've added some great pieces there in the last two seasons, but we need more. 

Of course I'm still hoping we get hot and take it all the way this season. 

40 minutes ago, High5 said:

Things can always change, but for now it's great how narrowed down our weaknesses have become. Offensively it's really only Chester. He's a huge negative that won't be around next season. We drafted Schweizter who may be ready to take over or we could acquire someone else. Other than that we need to bring Gabriel back and figure out what we're going to do at TE with Tamme and Toilolo being UFAs. 

Defensively we have so much youth across the board. We look set at CB and SS. I'm not a fan of Allen as a starter, though. We found our Kam Chancellor and now we need our Earl Thomas (as close as we can get). Mostly we need to keep bolstering our front 7. We've added some great pieces there in the last two seasons, but we need more. 

Of course I'm still hoping we get hot and take it all the way this season. 

Spot on. Chester will be replaced hopefully by Wes like you said. We need a replacement for Allen and a stud DT to line up next to Grady. After that everything else is a luxury. We could another pass rusher on the outside but I feel like the other needs are more pressing at the moment.