• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks free practice (Oct 1)

thecampster

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think 10 day contracts are allowed as yet.

I think Dennis will be ready for the season.

We'd have to waive Jack also to sign Bynum.

I would hate to trade Thabo until we see how Prince progresses. What can we get for Thabo though that's worth more than his value on the court. 

I agree.  I like Thabo and we need him but if our PG situation is just Dennis and Delaney and Dennis is already nursing an ankle then it seems like we have to make room for Bynum somehow.   Unless Jack is closer than i think to returning.   

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I agree.  I like Thabo and we need him but if our PG situation is just Dennis and Delaney and Dennis is already nursing an ankle then it seems like we have to make room for Bynum somehow.   Unless Jack is closer than i think to returning.   

Are you thinking cut Jack and bring on Bynum?  I'd hate to roster two PGs who aren't in demand and cut a couple needed big men.

Biggest pleasant surprises:

THJr and Blaze already in mid-season form

Moose actually looked serviceable

Delaney's stroke is even better than advertised, and where did that tenacious D come from???

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It was fun to watch, but let's not go overboard, guys and gals... it wasn't even a preseason game, but an intrasquad game. Yes, there were things to like and dislike, but all of what we saw will be a distant memory in about a week... two, max. Moose almost has to be the most vulnerable, barring some word on Scott's legal status coming out, and/or Dennis' or Sap's injury being more serious than advertised... and if either of those apply, Jack's non-guaranteed contract becomes most vulnerable, imo.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, AHF said:

Are you thinking cut Jack and bring on Bynum?  I'd hate to roster two PGs who aren't in demand and cut a couple needed big men.

No.   I have no idea what to do.   I don't see Jack going anywhere but i do think we need Bynum.

I don't understand what our options are if we have a player like Dennis or Sap or Jack who is ready for the start of the season.   Even if they are injured they still occupy a roster spot right?   

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No.   I have no idea what to do.   I don't see Jack going anywhere but i do think we need Bynum.

I don't understand what our options are if we have a player like Dennis or Sap or Jack who is ready for the start of the season.   Even if they are injured they still occupy a roster spot right?   

Yes.  No IR spots.  15 spots to fill regardless of injuries.  Someone needs to be cut or traded and Bynum is not going to be kept on unless you see a scenario like both Jack and Moose getting cut for him which I deem unlikely.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Yes.  No IR spots.  15 spots to fill regardless of injuries.  Someone needs to be cut or traded and Bynum is not going to be kept on unless you see a scenario like both Jack and Moose getting cut for him which I deem unlikely.

Someone has to be cut or traded to get to 16.   If Jack can't start the season then we're looking at Schröder and Delaney as our only PGs which may be ok, but what if Schröder is limited?   We're starting the season with Delaney starting point and probably Baze and Bembry taking turns i guess?   We are definitely thin there as long as Jack is hurt.    I'm just glad i don't have to make some of these roster decisions.   I still can't get a feel for how it will play out.   

Someone has to be cut or traded to get to 16.   If Jack can't start the season then we're looking at Schröder and Delaney as our only PGs which may be ok, but what if Schröder is limited?   We're starting the season with Delaney starting point and probably Baze and Bembry taking turns i guess?   We are definitely thin there as long as Jack is hurt.    I'm just glad i don't have to make some of these roster decisions.   I still can't get a feel for how it will play out.   

Dennis was back at full strength in practice yesterday.

• Premium Member
On 10/4/2016 at 11:47 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Dennis was back at full strength in practice yesterday.

And Richard Solomon is like, "Wait... you had  to cut meeeeeeeeeee?"

And the new PG is like, "If you see Wilcox walking toward me, you'll understand why I'm running the other way."

• Like 1

My guess is that Jack is nowhere near playing.   

Don't really want to sound like a complete pessimist about Jack's situation but right now I truly wonder if Bynum is a better bet as a third point because of health, experience and toughness. In a perfect world we could keep them both and they would beat the Huskies in the NCAA championship as well. But you know, that reality stuff...

• Like 1

I apologize if this information has already been discussed on the forum, but I was just over at the Hawks website, and you can now watch the entire open practice game.  That gives those of us who didn't get to go to the practice a chance to watch it.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/watch-entire-hawks-open-practice-scrimmage?cid=16openpractice_web_hp_100216_mnb_openpracticevideo

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

My guess is that Jack is nowhere near playing.   

Not suggesting I have a clue but right now money aside who has an edge between Bynum and Jack? Bynum seems really on task for us to me so I'm not so sure it is as cut and dry as ink would show. 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Thomas said:

Not suggesting I have a clue but right now money aside who has an edge between Bynum and Jack? Bynum seems really on task for us to me so I'm not so sure it is as cut and dry as ink would show. 

Jack has a fully guaranteed deal for this year though right?     I guess we have a few weeks but i'm getting antsy trying to figure this out.   

14 hours ago, Thomas said:

51 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Jack has a fully guaranteed deal for this year though right?     I guess we have a few weeks but i'm getting antsy trying to figure this out.   

Jack signed a 1 year vet. Min deal. 

Bynum has only a training camp deal.

With Millsap, Tiago and now Mike Scott dinged up, I will repeat what I've said previously - Jack gets cut. Moose stays.

Mooses' contract isn't fully guaranteed until January  (I think) - so with so many of our bigs ailing, I see a scenario where we start the season with 2 pgs, if all goes well with our bigs, Moose is released Jack resigned mid season.

• Moderators

Between Tiago (especially) and Dwight, that is the biggest health risk position on our roster.

With Moose able to also play PF and with both Sap and Scott dealing with issues as well, it seems like it would be hard to cut him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jack signed a 1 year vet. Min deal. 

Bynum has only a training camp deal.

With Millsap, Tiago and now Mike Scott dinged up, I will repeat what I've said previously - Jack gets cut. Moose stays.

Mooses' contract isn't fully guaranteed until January  (I think) - so with so many of our bigs ailing, I see a scenario where we start the season with 2 pgs, if all goes well with our bigs, Moose is released Jack resigned mid season.

IMG_6333.GIF