• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cuts(Final Roster)

sillent

I see Bud's nephew (the point guard that I can't recall his name at the moment) getting cut as well as Matt Costello. I see Will Bynum being close but no cigar. Last but not least I see Tim Hardaway Jr. & Tiago Splitter being either cut or traded. With Mike Muscala, Mike Scott, Edy Tavaras & Sefalosha staying.

Costello, Bynum, Magette, and Kelly are outta here. After hearing Wes beam about Moose's attitude, work ethic, improvement the other night combined with his age, contract, BBIQ, and hustle it's apparent he stays. Bud already said Splitter's hamstring won't affect the final roster, so he's staying. The axe comes down THJr, Scott, or Humphries. My guess would be THJr if we don't see this slump end, or Scott if his legal troubles worsen. Humphries is just too valuable as a tough rebounder with a 3-pt shot who can backup 2 positions.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Small but important detail as it applies to Scott.

Based on what I've read, the CBA dictates that if he's dismissed for a 2 year exile, we retain the ability to sign him for his current salary ($3.3m) when he regains eligibility. That could be a consideration... not that you keep him for that reason alone, because he's still got to perform of course, but long-term that could be ace up the sleeve in a future season. Could be.

I've been one of his cheerleaders all the time he's been here, but have to think THjr is the one most on the bubble of the healthy non-TC-contract players.

Heck, correct that... I think that's almost done deal at this point. If Jack doesn't stick, it's b/c they decide to go with Bynum or some other team's PG cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

What did I miss... THjr has legal  trouble?

You mean his dad's???

I dunno.

1 legal trouble > 0 legal trouble :blink:

38 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Junior was charged with assault this month, after repeatedly pelting the areas around the rims with bricks.

~lw3

Toon soon :-|

Not really though lol

Don't really think it would happen but if we drop THJ then we have five true wings unless you count Delaney as one. Two are well into their thirties and two are rookies. Interesting way to balance vets with young players if it happened. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Junior was charged with assault this month, after repeatedly pelting the areas around the rims with bricks.

~lw3

Hi, Lou. In a former life, my name was Bud, and I developed a whole routine called Who's at Point Guard... but it just never caught on. ;)

• Premium Member

Good news for THjr. Broke thru for 19 pts.

Bad news... 40% FG%, 20% 3FG% in 30 minutes.

I honestly think this is just a mini-slump, but it comes at about the worst possible time. Only saving grace would seem to be that he arrived, along with 2 WAS second rd picks, as the price of our mid-1st rd pick summer before last... hard to imagine cutting him, or for that matter, even trading him for someone's future 2nd rounder.

• Like 1

I think THJ's spot is safe for a few reasons. 1) I don't think Bud is ready to give up on him after the progress they made last season. 2) If we cut him then the only other SG on the bench is a rookie (for as long as Korver starts). And Bembry isn't much of a shooter even when he's not slumping. 3) The team seems to really love Timmy. They were hanging on every shot he took out there tonight and they all looked like proud fathers when he made that nice scoop at the end. 

Scott certainly didn't do himself any favors tonight. He looked as bad or worse than THJ has at any point during this preseason. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

We have just 2 proven NBA guards that are healthy right now: Dennis and Korver.   I supposed you could/should count Baze but that's not enough.   We all have high hopes for Delaney and Bembry but you never know.    So for this reason i don't see us getting rid of any guards unless we send out a big and a guard for a better guard.   

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RandomFan said:

You'd rather see him slumping in games that actually count?

Not the worst possible time. This is the best possible time.

Speaking from his perspective of course.

But, too, how many times do we get to March and April and see that a player turned out to have a strong year in spite of a weak October and/or November? Just hate the thought that we rid our roster of someone who ends up excelling for an opponent, and especially if we paid a premium price and they got him off our discount rack.

• Like 1

Sap + Humphries + Moose + Scott's lackluster play + Scott's legal issues = Scott being the odd man out. My official prediction, sticking to it...

Edited by hazer

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Sap + Humphries + Moose + Scott's lackluster play + Scott's legal issues = Scott being the odd man out. My official prediction, sticking to it...

I agree this is the case but also agree that Scott is better than Moose.

• Like 1