• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who gets cut / traded to get the roster down to 15?

AHF

Who gets cut or traded?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, sturt said:

..."I'm not sure I see the logic in thinking they're going to go ahead and cut anyone from the low post, when in fact, there is no cost to slicing off the roster another injured player whose contract is inconsequential."...

Think you may have read that one too fast. I'm speaking of a player who you can pick back up as easily as you cut him since he's only making the minimum.

Ohh.   I see.   Jack isn't going anywhere.   You don't tell a player 'take time coming back we want you for the long haul' and then cut him.    In 32 games last year Jack averaged 13/7/4.   He would most definitely get picked up

Ok, I just cinched it for you and JB, he'll most definitely get cut now.   I guess they could see if he'll sit tight and not sign with anyone until Scott's trial resolves.   That'd be tampering i'd suspect but let's face it, lots of teams have done it.  

• Premium Member

I see no conflict myself. The player wants to play for us, but he's just not ready to play, contrary to the expectation when he signed and the progress that seemed to have been made since his surgery. Cut him. If someone else wants to offer him more money while he continues to rehab, that's indeed the risk you run. We *do* want him on the team when he's ready to play, but he's not. He's an asset. He's just not enough of an asset that you upset the rest of your roster to accommodate. Kick the can down that road, because you're not only missing Splitter right now, you could very well be missing Scott later. You can't be slicing off low post players. At least, buy yourself that time. That's only sensible, imo.

• Like 1