• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who gets cut / traded to get the roster down to 15?

AHF

Who gets cut or traded?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, Mike Scott but Moose is the player I would trade or cut

What he said.  IMO Moose is closer to a dime-a-dozen player in today's NBA.  Only reason to hesitate is he's been in the system for multiple years.  Chances are he'll be available later in the year anyways (if you cut him).  JMHO

ETA: Party foul on @AHF for not voting first.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What he said.  IMO Moose is closer to a dime-a-dozen player in today's NBA.  Only reason to hesitate is he's been in the system for multiple years.  Chances are he'll be available later in the year anyways (if you cut him).  JMHO

ETA: Party foul on @AHF for not voting first.

I can get behind several of these guys but I was really pissed when we resigned Moose to a partial guarantee earlier this offseason.  Trades could alter that calculus but I am guessing Moose has been playing in every preseason game so the coaches can really get a good look at him before final cut decisions are made.  I will be pissed if Edy is picked.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I can get behind several of these guys but I was really pissed when we resigned Moose to a partial guarantee earlier this offseason.  Trades could alter that calculus but I am guessing Moose has been playing in every preseason game so the coaches can really get a good look at him before final cut decisions are made.  I will be pissed if Edy is picked.

I just haven't seen anything about Edy that would make me want to give up on him.   The dude's been playing basketball for what like 5 or 6 years total?   You can't find guys his size that can actually move very easily.   When he comes in the game he rebounds, blocks and seems to know where to be.     If he isn't exceeding their expectations at this point then their expectations were crazy.   

I'm hitching to my wagon.

He keeps rehabbing under the Hawks watch. 

By January we'll see what our bigs look like and if our rookies are ready, 

Trade occurs at deadline - Some combo of THjr, Spiller, Scott, Hump

Bring the wiley vet back for the stretch run.

34 minutes ago, hazer said:

Scott's gone. Sticking to that prediction I made yesterday. 

So Moose backs up Millsap? 

Dwight is picking up fouls faster than he's getting to the freethrow line and missing - if that trend continues we'll need all our bigs.

Repeated the glowing stuff he said about him the other night on tv, then said (and I'm paraphrasing) "We love Moose, he's the perfect example of what we want in a Hawk." Even referred back to when he was at Bucknell. I know he hustles, has a great attitude and work ethic, a soft shooting touch, and has improved. Let's just hope, after hearing Wes, that his trajectory continues because he still has a ways to go to in my eyes to be the first 4 off the bench.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'd trade Splitter for a 2nd rounder.

It should be Moose or Scott.  The cut will probably be Edy though.

Were not trading Tiago. He is plus defender, great passer and movement big and a great team player. That's hard to find for any team. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Were not trading Tiago. He is plus defender, great passer and movement big and a great team player. That's hard to find for any team. 

I don't think you're wrong, however, the greatest ability is 'availability' and he's had basically none so far for us.

I'd cut Walter too, honestly.  He's progressing but really slowly.

On an unrelated note, work on your lateral quickness Budz.  Geez, dude got wiped out but shouldn't have been out there anyways.  It's the preseason, Brover Cleveland.

• Moderators

The first half was obviously meant to be the regular season rotation and I think Moose was first off the bench.     As a 10-15 minute guy he's ok but to me Scott has a lot more talent.   But seems like Scott is gone unless there is a trade of Splitter.   

• Moderators

Jack won't be ready for the start of the season.  Surprise!

“We are actively progressing,” Jack said of his rehabilitation last week. “I can tell you me knee feels 100 times better this month than it did last month. Coach and (the staff) are on me about rushing to get back. They tell me to take my time. They’d rather have me for the longer stretch of the season than just this early part. I’m going to take it day by day. Patience isn’t something I was blessed with so I’m going to do my best until the time is right to step back on the court.”

So I'm still thinking Jack is staying.     I've literally heard nothing about Scott.  I think he's out of here.    Which sucks.