• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Bulls - 10\20 - - 8 PM - - Omaha

Gray Mule

Any spot on the net where this can be watched, other than watching the NBA play by play printout

as the game goes along? 

I'm asking about free and not one of those places that you load up half dozen things you don't want

or need on your computer, then can't see the game.  Ran into one of those last season.

• Premium Member

I didn't see the game so this is all based on the box score.

Games not over yet but it looks like both teams played starters around 25-30 minutes. Korver seems to be shooting well, had a couple shots off of Dwight rebounds. Speaking of rebounds, I'll take 16/15 games from him all season long. Millsap has been struggling offensively these last two games but I don't worry about him. 

I'm excited about this team. It's really puzzling why some think we are taking a huge step back. We will miss our 2 PG rotation more than Horford IMO, so hopefully Delaney is the San Antonio version of Patty Mills or we have somebody like a healthy Jack to back up Dennis. He will do great but he needs to be pushed some. 

I didn't see much of the game, but I know Dennis was getting blocked a lot by Lopez. There was also a period of time when the offense around Dwight just wasn't working. Either we weren't passing it to him when he had good position or we were turning it over on the pass. I remember Dennis turned it over trying to dump it off to him in traffic one time, then someone threw kind of a lazy pass into the post and let Butler get around for the steal, and then Sap was too high on an easy alley oop. I think Bazemore missed him once and Dwight was talking to him about it. It's a work in progress for sure. 

But other than a rough patch in the 3rd quarter (Gibson went off for a minute, nothing new there) we were in control. Pulled away in the 4th in large part because of Korver's shooting. Didn't see the rookies except for one really nice bounce pass from Prince to Bembry who had a nice finish. There was also one really smooth possession where Dwight had a quick one-handed pass along the baseline to Sap who immediately redirected it through the paint to Bazemore for an easy 2. Just looked cool. 

I hope we get to play Chicago 4 times this season. They really shouldn't be able to beat us with their lack of shooting. They shot 30.5% tonight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Any way we can do like the Kings used to do back in the day, and play some home games here for Kyle's sake?

Omaha-KC-Atlanta Hawks! It's almost catchy!

~lw3

Those 3's were super sweet. The way the net splashed after was signaling that Korver was...dare I say...

En Fuego....release, rotation....feel meeeeee

These Bull commentators used Dennis having a sub-par game and talked trash about him the whole game, how turnover prone he is and what the Hawks lost in Teague. This arrogant morons compared him to a Yorkshire terrier which thinks he is a Pit Bull because Dennis tried to score inside despite being blocked by Lopez several times... 

Seems they didn't looked on the stat sheet to see what their own superstar-PG achieved...

But I hate this CHI commentators a couple of years now. Aren't this the "gimme the hot sauce" guys?

But for me the game showed the Hawks still need some time to mesh and the fact Sap was sidelined the better part of the per season didn't help. Howard isn't ingerated yet and it seems he may get upset if not used often enough. But that's why sometimes his team mates try to force the ball in his hands, what doesn't work on many cases. Hope Dwight learns to be part of this team and to use his strengths inside the system.

BTW here is a (very short) highlights clip

Edited by rd79
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, High5 said:

I didn't see much of the game, but I know Dennis was getting blocked a lot by Lopez. There was also a period of time when the offense around Dwight just wasn't working. Either we weren't passing it to him when he had good position or we were turning it over on the pass. I remember Dennis turned it over trying to dump it off to him in traffic one time, then someone threw kind of a lazy pass into the post and let Butler get around for the steal, and then Sap was too high on an easy alley oop. I think Bazemore missed him once and Dwight was talking to him about it. It's a work in progress for sure. 

But other than a rough patch in the 3rd quarter (Gibson went off for a minute, nothing new there) we were in control. Pulled away in the 4th in large part because of Korver's shooting. Didn't see the rookies except for one really nice bounce pass from Prince to Bembry who had a nice finish. There was also one really smooth possession where Dwight had a quick one-handed pass along the baseline to Sap who immediately redirected it through the paint to Bazemore for an easy 2. Just looked cool. 

I hope we get to play Chicago 4 times this season. They really shouldn't be able to beat us with their lack of shooting. They shot 30.5% tonight.

This reminded me of the playoff game in 2014  between the Spurs and OKC when Ibaka was blocking everything and Pop said 

"All of a sudden, we were going to see if Serge could block a shot or something. I thought about passing a picture out on the bench to see if they knew who Serge was. Unwise basketball, all of a sudden. Instead of hitting open people that were out there, we started attacking the rim unwisely, and that turns into blocked shots and turnovers."

This is where Dennis has to understand what's available to him.

4 hours ago, rd79 said:

These Bull commentators used Dennis having a sub-par game and talked trash about him the whole game, how turnover prone he is and what the Hawks lost in Teague. This arrogant morons compared him to a Yorkshire terrier which thinks he is a Pit Bull because Dennis tried to score inside despite being blocked by Lopez several times... 

Seems they didn't looked on the stat sheet to see what their own superstar-PG achieved...

But I hate this CHI commentators a couple of years now. Aren't this the "gimme the hot sauce" guys?

But for me the game showed the Hawks still need some time to mesh and the fact Sap was sidelined the better part of the per season didn't help. Howard isn't ingerated yet and it seems he may get upset if not used often enough. But that's why sometimes his team mates try to force the ball in his hands, what doesn't work on many cases. Hope Dwight learns to be part of this team and to use his strengths inside the system.

BTW here is a (very short) highlights clip

First, thanks for sharing the hi-lites.  Second, the Bulls announcer you're referring to is Stacy King who's an idiot.  IOW, don't take anything he says as anything anyone with a brain should worry about.  And, yes, he's the "Gimme the hot sauce" idiot.  He's also the guy who's paid to say NBA players' names, but called Giannis "Andyuhrumbo".  Idiot.  And you correctly pointed out that they seemed to ignore the game their multi-million dollar addition at guard had.

Also, it does appear the Hawks will need some time to mesh.  I actually think we'll get off to a .500 start.  All the eggsperts will jump off the bandwagon then we'll improve late and be a force in the playoffs.

On Sap/Dwight (I can't believe I'm about to repeat this) Rick Kamla, who's a radio/NBA tv host based in Atlanta, said all the Hawks have said this is Dwight's team except Dennis and Sap.  He hinted that it's because Sap is probably gonna be gone after this year.  That said, Kamla knows nothing and is largely panned by real NBA guys.  Long story short, there's a lot of idiots who don't deserve our attention.

• Premium Member

Definitely agree on the Bulls announcers...I live in the Chicago area and I cannot stand Stacey King.  Now he has the other guy joining in to bash the Hawks all game long as their team is getting run out of the gym.

Some quick observations:

1) We are not the same passing team that we were last year.  Our passing is atrocious this year with one off target pass after another.  Our lob attempts are even worse and I hope this improves sooner rather than later

2) We take dumber shots this year especially Howard, Delaney, Millsap and Dennis.  Get the F'ing ball to your freaking all word shooter like you use to in Korver!

3) Dennis dribbles the F'ing air out of the ball sometimes with absolutely no plan during an offensive set.  Move the ball like we use to and we will be fine.

4) On the positive side...Boy can we rebound and play defense.  Howard will be a monster on the board  which is a sight for these sore Eyes.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Definitely agree on the Bulls announcers...I live in the Chicago area and I cannot stand Stacey King.  Now he has the other guy joining in to bash the Hawks all game long as their team is getting run out of the gym.

Some quick observation:

1) We are not the same passing team that we were last year.  Our passing is atrocious this year with one off target pass after another.  Our lob attempts are even worse and I hope this improves sooner rather than later

2) We take dumber shots this year especially Howard, Delaney, Millsap and Dennis.  Get the F'ing ball to your freaking all word shooter like you use to in Korver!

3) Dennis dribbles the F'ing air out of the ball sometimes with absolutely no plan during an offensive set.  Move the ball like we use to and we will be fine.

4) On the positive side...Boy can we rebound and play defense.  Howard will be a monster on the board  which is a sight for these sore Eyes.

The thing I love about Stacy King is how he tries to make people forget how big a bust he was.  He also glosses over the fact that he was Jordan's whipping boy because he was supposed to be good but ended up being a role guy.  Now since he rode coattails to 3 rings but did nothing in any other NBA team/city, he's seen as an eggspert in CHI.

Sadly, I do see some of the same poor play such as less passing and Dennis being dribble-happy.  I chalk some of it up to the fact that this team is still meshing.  Hence my thinking that they'll struggle (relatively) early.

On Delaney, get used to bad, early shot clock shots.  I'm still surprised they brought him here.  He's basically a younger, less talented Lou Williams who most here claimed was an awful fit who'd never work in Budz offense.

Lastly, I think we'll be really good on D and on the boards.  Solid boardwork could possibly pay more dividends than we realize.  We've traded reboarding for the fancy passin' pace 'n 'spacin' the last 2 years and we've hit a ceiling because we couldn't end opponents' possessions.  Will we be taking a step back on the pace 'n to gain 3 steps via solid reboarding?  I say jesh.

9 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Any way we can do like the Kings used to do back in the day, and play some home games here for Kyle's sake?

Omaha-KC-Atlanta Hawks! It's almost catchy!

~lw3

The old KC-Omaha Kings.  Nate Archibald and Sam Lacey.   My (perhaps faulty) recollection was that they were generally better back then than they are in Sacto.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

First, thanks for sharing the hi-lites.  Second, the Bulls announcer you're referring to is Stacy King who's an idiot.  IOW, don't take anything he says as anything anyone with a brain should worry about.  And, yes, he's the "Gimme the hot sauce" idiot.  He's also the guy who's paid to say NBA players' names, but called Giannis "Andyuhrumbo".  Idiot.  And you correctly pointed out that they seemed to ignore the game their multi-million dollar addition at guard had.

Also, it does appea.r the Hawks will need some time to mesh.  I actually think we'll get off to a .500 start.  All the eggsperts will jump off the bandwagon then we'll improve late and be a force in the playoffs

On Sap/Dwight (I can't believe I'm about to repeat this) Rick Kamla, who's a radio/NBA tv host based in Atlanta, said all the Hawks have said this is Dwight's team except Dennis and Sap.  He hinted that it's because Sap is probably gonna be gone after this year.  That said, Kamla knows nothing and is largely panned by real NBA guys.  Long story short, there's a lot of idiots who don't deserve our attention.

Having said that, I believe it was Kamla that said Dwight was coming here all along . . . while others scoffed at it.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Having said that, I believe it was Kamla that said Dwight was coming here all along . . . while others scoffed at it.

He said a trade for Dwight was a done deal.  Everyone scoffed at the idea that they'd trade for him.  The financial implications made that illogical IIRC.

On the topic of Stacey King, I actually didn't think he was bad last night except for when he said, "I would be in Korver's shirt as soon as he got off the bus. He wouldn't get any open looks." Well, besides the fact that he was a center, even great perimeter defenders have a lot of trouble doing that. And, yeah, the Yorkshire Terrier thing was kind of rude, but Dennis does have moments when he just stubbornly drives into hopeless layup attempts. He also airballed a floater.

Honestly, Stacey King is one of the Bulls from the early 90's who was lucky to stay with Chicago. I could have easily saw a trade that sent King to the Kings in 92 for Pete Chilcutt. Lol. 

King was a no talent then, and a moron now.