• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After an elite defensive stand from last year and the PS, Hawks start the RS on top of the class on DEF

NBASupes

http://stats.nba.com/defensivehub/#!/

In the lead in most categories on defense. 

PLAYER OVERALL DIFF %

The difference between the normal field goal percentage of a shooter throughout the season and the field goal percentage when the defensive player is guarding the shooter. A good defensive number will be negative because the defensive player holds his opponent to a lower field goal percentage than normal.
Thabo Sefolosha
John Wall
Manu Ginobili
Wilson Chandler
Miles Plumlee

TEAM DEFENSIVE RATING

Measures a team's points allowed per 100 possessions.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm glad, yet, I'm very conscious that we've really only done so far what should be expected given the offenses we've so far faced... right?

Yeah ATL's schedule is weak so far. Wizards and Sixers aren't going to the playoffs. I like to see how they rank in 2 weeks when they play CLE/HOU. 

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Washington has some offensive talent. What they don't have is depth. They're a #6-11 seed. May end up high lottery but could sneak into the playoffs.

Yeah, they should have been fired their GM especially after going all in for KD the past 2 years and only coming away with Mahinmi. 

Call me petty but I'm loving that Boston is ranked 18th in Def Eff and 24th in DefReb% .  I've read all too many articles about how great Boston will be this year.  And about how Alice will make them elite.  Seeing them struggle on defense and reading about their lack of rebounding just makes me smile.  I know, I know....I'm petty and childish.  But oh well.  F Boston, imo.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Call me petty but I'm loving that Boston is ranked 18th in Def Eff and 24th in DefReb% .  I've read all too many articles about how great Boston will be this year.  And about how Alice will make them elite.  Seeing them struggle on defense and reading about their lack of rebounding just makes me smile.  I know, I know....I'm petty and childish.  But oh well.  F Boston, imo.  

@REHawksFan. You're petty, but so am I, lol.

The crying in Boston is hilarious  (yes, i know, the season is young) but I love it.

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Thabo led the league in that stat for a good part of the 60-win campaign.  He's always been the glue that ties the defensive effort of the starting and second units together.  

Many pundits still don't realize, even with the complex offensive system Bud is a defensive coach and the Hawks are a defensive team.  I've only seen bits and pieces of the first two games, yet I've seen Hump with numerous impressive steals in the open court and down low.  

Mix in one of the most talented rebounders of All-Time, after clearly not giving too much of a damn, and Bud sees a chance at something special on the defensive end that will actually translate to keeping Tristan Thompson off the goddamn glass in the springtime.

It's all about defense for Coach Bud. He will call a quick  timeout on missed defensive assignments in a heartbeat.