• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some early thoughts on Schröder

django2341

He and Dwight looked better hooking up last night. Thought they both played pretty well. Hoping he is able to stay on the floor and not foul out against Harden tonight. Not sure the refs will give much of anyone a fair shake defending Harden. Maybe Curry.   

On 11/3/2016 at 0:04 PM, macdaddy said:

But was't Teague basically doing the same or worse doing nothing?   Plus iffy defense?    And I say this as a big fan of Jeff.    The thing that is already apparent with Dennis is that he's going to bring energy the whole game.   Right now, he's making some mistakes but that's fine early in the season.  If he's still being boneheaded in 2017 then I'll worry.

Energy is nice, but not throwing the ball against the backboard as hard as you can when attempting a layup.

Kent Bazemore will likely be guarding James Harden and with how frustrated he has been, he's likely going to give up 20 free throws to him. He'll be on Harden, Korver will be on Ariza, and Schröder will be on Gordon.

At least it should be that way. I won't see it so I won't know though.

12 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Dennis will be fine but he has to get stronger and develop a floater. Those are the two things  that will help him tremendously.

I remember how often Jeff used to get his shot blocked and pushed around. He added some strength and added that floater.

When Dennis adds those two things, his game will improve even more

Would be really nice if he develops that Tony Parker tear drop. 

Dennis through 6 games:

29.7 minutes

15 ppg . . . 6.3 asst . . . 3.3 rebs . . . 0.5 stls . . . 2.8 turnovers

43.2% FG . . . . 33.3% 3FG . . . 79.2% FT . . . 53.2% Total Shot . . . 23.8% Usage . . . 15.5 PER . . . Win  Score/48  ( .129 )

( NBA ) - 100.7 Offensive Rating . . . 98.5 Defensive Rating  . . . ( +2.2 )

( Basketball-Reference ) - 106 Offensive Rating . . . 103 Defensive Rating . . . ( +3 )

Honestly, I can live with this version of Dennis in his first year as a starter.   This type of stat line indicates erratic play, which means he'll be bad on some nights, great on others.  So far in his career, he's never shot higher than 42.7% FG and 35.1% 3FG.  I don't know what people expected Dennis to shoot, but I didn't envision him shooting at some great clip this season.  

If he were to get up to 45% FG and 35% 3FG, while averaging 15 ppg - 7 asst, I would be very happy.

• Like 3

On 6.11.2016 at 3:02 AM, Thomas said:

Double digit assists seems appropriate for an NBA point guard. Tonight was a good example of that.

Only 3 players (Harden, James, Wall) averaging double digit assists and two of them aren't even point guards...

• Like 2

Am 2. November 2016 at 13:47 , JayBirdHawk sagte:

Not even remotely true. Not that it doesn't happen but he still fights through them.  If you want to see a player get hung up on a screen and not fight  - see Jeff Teague.

Well it appears as if i dont see that then. 

3 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Some thoughts on Dennis: 3pt% at 39.4% and FG% up as well.

This is good. Now he needs to work on lowering the TOs a bit. I'll be happy if he finishes at 3.5 per 36 with TOs on the season. It'd be good considering how he is as a player.