• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver and Kent Bazemore was a horrible tandem last year and is this year

Lurker

6 hours ago, JTB said:

To me bud and staff need to lower his role with all the pathetic driving and use him in the form of Bruce Bowen...Line him up for side 3s and have him cut to basket whenever possible to receive the pass.

baze right now is doing too much and not really playing to his offensive strengths. Way too much putting the ball on the ground.

That definitely sounds like it would be the best role for him. He is just not a competent ball handler and then gets frustrated when he turns it over or doesn't get a foul call to make it even worse. 

6 hours ago, JTB said:

I think it's a proven fact his defense would be better. Now dribbling? not a chance....finishing at the rim? Not really....shooting? Well that to me boils down to if he's taking open good looks or not. To me bud and staff need to lower his role with all the pathetic driving and use him in the form of Bruce Bowen...Line him up for side 3s and have him cut to basket whenever possible to receive the pass.

baze right now is doing too much and not really playing to his offensive strengths. Way too much putting the ball on the ground.

I mean what boils down to it is that our main 3 guys we were unsure about going into the season are playing stellar so far. Howard is a defensive and rebounding machine,Millsap does his Millsap things and meshes well with Dwight,Schröder while he's had some bad games has surprisingly been a very electric force. The issue is the guys we anticipated to do what they normally did last season are playing WAYYYYY BELOW their expected output. Humphries,Baze,Korver,etc. all are playing horrid. It's like while Thabo,Timmy,and Musky all decided to get better this offseason those other 3 were at the golf course smoking stoagies and drinking a cold one, and it sucks because you damn well know if we could have JUST 1 of them play at their level of capability throughout this season we're probably only a game or 2 behind Cleveland for tops in the East. 

6 hours ago, JTB said:

I think it's a proven fact his defense would be better. Now dribbling? not a chance....finishing at the rim? Not really....shooting? Well that to me boils down to if he's taking open good looks or not. To me bud and staff need to lower his role with all the pathetic driving and use him in the form of Bruce Bowen...Line him up for side 3s and have him cut to basket whenever possible to receive the pass.

Baze right now is doing too much and not really playing to his offensive strengths. Way too much putting the ball on the ground.

Exactly this.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

That definitely sounds like it would be the best role for him. He is just not a competent ball handler and then gets frustrated when he turns it over or doesn't get a foul call to make it even worse. 

Bruce Bowen had Parker, Prime Ginobili and all timer Duncan. Not sure that role is possible to win game considering the talent on this team.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bruce Bowen had Parker, Prime Ginobili and all timer Duncan. Not sure that role is possible to win game considering the talent on this team.

Bruce knew what his strengths were and didn't deviate - play defense, corner 3s- no dribbling.