• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver and Kent Bazemore was a horrible tandem last year and is this year

Lurker

The only reason why it finished plus was the hot run at the end of the season. For most of the season it's been even worse than it was last year.

At this point, it is never going to fly at all. If it's been 99 regular season games, nothing's going to change. Yet Bud keeps hoping and praying about it.

• Like 2

Also the offense wasn't all that great last year either but we will hear  certain individuals say the offense is down because of horford and Teague being gone when actually last year we weren't any better at hitting shots with them here.

• Like 1

I don't think bud is starting korver because he feels obligated to or because he's so in love with him. I think it's because bud factors in that one big part of korvers game which is shooting and allows that one great thing that korver does consistently lead to his decision on playing him. Buds theory is if I can get korver open it's easy points or at the least pull his opponent away from the goal than that leaves more space for every one else to do their "thang"....unfortunately it's not working for several reasons.

1. Screens aren't as clean this year

2. Korver is being held a lot when attempting to run off screens 

3. Korver stresses the issue and is starting to get easily frustrated once held in check off screens to a point to where he launches up terrible contested shots.

as for baze I think he just need an opportunity at his natural position instead of trying too force him to be SF.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Korver is consistent in all aspects of his game.  We should have better wing options but we don't.   There isn't a single wing on this team who you can say has been consistently as good as Korver.    I'm not saying Korver has been that good this season but the options aren't great so far.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JTB said:

as for baze I think he just need an opportunity at his natural position instead of trying too force him to be SF.

I think that is the direction they are trying to go.  Prince has seen increased minutes but he's also a rookie and not ready to start.

If Prince improves enough this season then we could see him start and Baze moved to the 2 with Kyle off the bench.  It is going to take some time though.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ATLSmith said:

I think that is the direction they are trying to go.  Prince has seen increased minutes but he's also a rookie and not ready to start.

If Prince improves enough this season then we could see him start and Baze moved to the 2 with Kyle off the bench.  It is going to take some time though.

Thabo is an option today.

• Like 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Thabo is a great defender but we have to be realistic that Thabo's offensive game is not good and our biggest issue is scoring.   

I don't argue with the issue you raise, just saying that Thabo has paired well with people this year and we know Baze and Kyle haven't led to an effective offense.  Why not try a stellar defense and see if that generates some easier looks (and conversely if Kyle or Baze blend better with the reserves and add punch to that unit).

• Like 1

Don't really see how jumpstarting the future is that bad of a deal with what we're dealing with right now. Whether he's ready to start or not I think Prince is ready for much bigger minutes and he does help when actually on the floor. Understand the risk factor but he is simply a better fit at SF already. We're going to be taking our lumps either way. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't really see how jumpstarting the future is that bad of a deal with what we're dealing with right now. Whether he's ready to start or not I think Prince is ready for much bigger minutes and he does help when actually on the floor. Understand the risk factor but he is simply a better fit at SF already. We're going to be taking our lumps either way. 

I agree, get Prince in there. There's nothing to lose. I'd also like to see Bembry get more time at SG due to his ball handling and BBIQ, but he has to get a consistent jumper first.

• Like 1

Can see Bud reacting even more slowly than usual with the deal Baze signed. Whats best for the team earning wins on the floor doesn't always mean we have to massage individual egos constantly or try not to look foolish for handing out such a large contract. Walking on eggshells is not making adjustments.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Can see Bud reacting even more slowly than usual with the deal Baze signed. Whats best for the team earning wins on the floor doesn't always mean we have to massage individual egos constantly or try not to look foolish for handing out such a large contract. Walking on eggshells is not making adjustments.  

Your one of my favorite posters here but I think it's hilarious some may believe that bud is walking on eggshells!...if anything he's stubborn to his own schemes due to all the success he's had in San Antonio and recently in Atlanta. He knows the schemes he's teaching works but is reluctant to switch things up due to him maybe wanting to prove a point.

however bud did change things last year when he benched bazemore for some games to try a different starting unit to get a different look. He also gave Dennis the nod to start a few times and over Jeff before Jeff announced he was even injured if I'm not mistaking.

yeah I just don't believe bud who has complete power over this team based on roster changes and to certain extent on all salaries is walking on eggshells around anyone in this organization.

Bud is still the thing that has happened to the Hawks since nique.

Single handily cost us the game tonight against GSW down the stretch. It was literally all Howard,Sap,and Schröder down the stretch. Bud has to do 1 of the 3 things if he wants to flip this teams fortune or we're gonna be a borderline playoff team.

Trade Korver+Splitter+Picks for Rudy Gay

Start Prince over Korver and move Baze to SG (to keep bench in tact)

Start Thabo over Korver and make Baze the 2 (shuffles the entire rotation)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In tonight's game: ( Golden St )

Baze and Korver

5 - 21 FG

1 - 10 3FG

11 pts

9 rebs

4 asst

3 stls

5 turnovers

At some point, Bud is going to have to give up on this.  Either bench Korver, or bench Baze . . or bench both of them.  Their horrid play is killing this team.

We didn't pay Bazemore to be this mediocre and I don't think it's on him... His best games this season were when he played majority of the minutes in the SG spot. Bud knows what he's capable of but yet he hesitates to change his lineup because Korver provides "spacing". Imma huge Korver guy but if he is only gonna give us 5 point in the starting lineup on 20% shooting sit his ass and give him right around 10 min per game so he can run around against undisciplined 2nd units and jack 3's. It's not a hard case to solve. Korver has to sit ASAP! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

We didn't pay Bazemore to be this mediocre and I don't think it's on him... His best games this season were when he played majority of the minutes in the SG spot. Bud knows what he's capable of but yet he hesitates to change his lineup because Korver provides "spacing". Imma huge Korver guy but if he is only gonna give us 5 point in the starting lineup on 20% shooting sit his ass and give him right around 10 min per game so he can run around against undisciplined 2nd units and jack 3's. It's not a hard case to solve. Korver has to sit ASAP! 

Doesn't matter what position Baze plays. He can't shoot or finish at the rim consistently, and has bad defensive habits.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Plastic Man said:

Doesn't matter what position Baze plays. He can't shoot or finish at the rim consistently, and has bad defensive habits.

Yea same thing I was saying the other day. Playing him at the 2 might help him defensively but that wont make him dribble better, shoot better, or finish better.

14 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Yea same thing I was saying the other day. Playing him at the 2 might help him defensively but that wont make him dribble better, shoot better, or finish better.

I think it's a proven fact his defense would be better. Now dribbling? not a chance....finishing at the rim? Not really....shooting? Well that to me boils down to if he's taking open good looks or not. To me bud and staff need to lower his role with all the pathetic driving and use him in the form of Bruce Bowen...Line him up for side 3s and have him cut to basket whenever possible to receive the pass.

baze right now is doing too much and not really playing to his offensive strengths. Way too much putting the ball on the ground.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JTB said:

I think it's a proven fact his defense would be better. Now dribbling? not a chance....finishing at the rim? Not really....shooting? Well that to me boils down to if he's taking open good looks or not. To me bud and staff need to lower his role with all the pathetic driving and use him in the form of Bruce Bowen...Line him up for side 3s and have him cut to basket whenever possible to receive the pass.

baze right now is doing too much and not really playing to his offensive strengths. Way too much putting the ball on the ground.

This. They are asking too much of him and Korver especially with the lack of movement the offense has now. We need to make a serious run at a Rudy Gay rental.