• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats happening Hawks?

Garchelino

First and foremost, I've been reading this forum for years and after a wrecking Hawks week I decide to join this great community. In advance sorry for my english mistakes.

I dont know where can I start to vent my frustratrions. Its clear that this team has flaws since last season. I'll try to enumerate them:

1- Korver is not a starter player. We cannot build our offense around him anymore. Sadly he is our only true shooter though, we need him unless THJ is stepping up consistently. 

2- We havent paid 70M to Bazemore for playing out of position. He is a clear SG. Playing as a SF he was beaten up by Batum, Anthony and Hayward.

3- At the moment Millsap and Howard dont mesh well in this system. Millsap hasnt improved his 3 point shoot to create space, so both eat space in the paint for each other. There were a few games when both played good.

4- We are in some sort of midlife Bud crisis. We lack a true identity in offense, we dont know how to play. In theory we are a more physical team but we play really soft like the shooting team we were with Horford and Teague. No ball movement and no chemistry whatsover.

5- I dont know if there are some issues in the locker room, but after these blowouts Im starting to think that Bud with his stubbornness might lose control of this team. I mean if something isnt working some changes are really needed. 

6- We might make a trade next February if we fall in the race of 2-6 in the East. Every passing day is more likely and urgent.

• Like 2

1. Lost Al Jefe Horford. An elite impact player. Everything was built around him. Now it's built around Howard and it doesn't fit. You really can't build around Howard anymore. We need someone to build around. It's not Sap or Dwight.

2. Lost Jeff Teague which wasn't an issue. Losing Jeff and replacing him with Delaney is. Delaney is not a bad PG but you had two top 20 PG'S and now you barely have one.

3. This team was winning due to our bench playing at an all time elite level like Blazers 00. They got exposed and regressed and now we are seeing the same starting five trends but much worse bench trends.

4. This is what I was saying when I said this could be 38-62 win team. Too many weird variables in the numbers for a team. They needed the bench to continue to be elite, that hasn't happened.

• Like 1

Bud:  "I'm the boss and I will say who starts and who sits and I say

that I'm not changing anything, come heck or high water." - -:Bud:

Entire Hawk team appears to be in sleepwalk mode and no one has

any idea how to awaken them.

Lets see>  What was the date we released our big center and replaced

him with Ryan Kelly?  I know.  Neither one plays.  But, did this suttle

move mess up the chemistry?  Just a thought.  Something is wrong.

Just grasping for straws.

When former assistant coaches, who were previously working with

Bud, now beat us badly, on a regular basis, we begin to think that

maybe that was the reason we were winning in seasons past and

not because of Bud.  Still grasping at straws.

:banned:

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree, sadly that's has been the Hawks thing for the last 30 years. Get Jordan, James or Bryant

It's not quite like that.   Get PG or hell Rudy Gay and we'd improve.   Our wings can't handle that ball and that's a big problem in this league unless you are moving the ball really well. 

• Like 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

It's not quite like that.   Get PG or hell Rudy Gay and we'd improve.   Our wings can't handle that ball and that's a big problem in this league unless you are moving the ball really well. 

I honestly don't think Rudy will save us but he's  step in the right direction. This team needs more talent.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly don't think Rudy will save us but he's  step in the right direction. This team needs more talent.

Exactly.  I'm not a fan of Rudy at all.    I'm not advocating getting him.   All I'm saying is that our wing play sucks and while it can improve it will never be what it needs to be unless baze, tim, or prince suddenly take a huge leap.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with your sentiment but, as you subsequently said, don't think Gay is the answer necessarily.  Many think his best position is now stretch-4 anyway so who knows.

I wonder if a guy like Wes Matthews comes available soon.  Full disclosure, I've always hated Matthews but I think he'd really help us.

DAL needs to tank.  Unfortunately Cuban says they won't look to trade guys until the deadline.  Seems he's presuming they still have a shot right now despite the fact that they suck out loud.

Everyone keeps telling how all Rudy Gay's teams sucked, but SAC does so all by itself for over a decade and is just odly managed and Toronto whas still building and looking where and who to go to forward. They had no need for another scorer on the wing. I'd welcome him.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1. Lost Al Jefe Horford. An elite impact player. Everything was built around him. Now it's built around Howard and it doesn't fit. You really can't build around Howard anymore. We need someone to build around. It's not Sap or Dwight.

2. Lost Jeff Teague which wasn't an issue. Losing Jeff and replacing him with Delaney is. Delaney is not a bad PG but you had two top 20 PG'S and now you barely have one.

3. This team was winning due to our bench playing at an all time elite level like Blazers 00. They got exposed and regressed and now we are seeing the same starting five trends but much worse bench trends.

4. This is what I was saying when I said this could be 38-62 win team. Too many weird variables in the numbers for a team. They needede the bench to continue to be elite, that hasn't happened.

We'd be in a better offensive rythym with Al and Jeff, that's all. Al would still be jab jan stepping. Our wings would still be shooting and defending horribly. We'd still have our same deficiencies elsewher and still getting murdered on the boards etc.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'd be in a better offensive rythym with Al and Jeff, that's all. Al would still be jab jan stepping. Our wings would still be shooting and defending horribly. We'd still have our same deficiencies elsewher and still getting murdered on the boards etc.

I think Korver would be playing much better as will Dennis with Al. Now our weaknesses will still be bad without Dwight like rebounding and interior defense.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Here's my summary on Al Horford with the Hawks over the previous two seasons:

He's Draymond Green without the Stephen Curry to him and a very poor man's Klay Thompson.

And this is fine and all, but how are you going to get your "Curry" to your "Green" without trying to tank or spending a ton of $$$?

• Premium Member

Sorry Dude. 

Horf Sucked those last 2  years and having him now wouldn't fix the problems.  Yes.. Problems...

1.   I don't know if Dennis is totally ready to run this team without a vet BU. Dennis has the look but mentally, you have to be ready to be a starting PG in this league and I don't think he's there yet.  I would have loved to have Jameer Nelson in there to help him. 

2.  Baze, Korver.. neither are Sfs.  I know Korver is supposed to be, but he's not.

3.  D8 is a different player than our budball is used to.  Right now, Bud is trying to Bogut him.  I think he's better than that.  We have more changes to make, but we will get there. 

4.  We just lack shooting from outside.

The biggest problem is the PG/C 2 man game.  We haven't every been a serious PNR team and having Dennis and D8 means that we have to be one.   That means that we need to morph ourselves into a rendition of Utah with Stockton and Malone.  Not that we have those guys or even near talent.. BUt we have to recognize how the others got their points and their fit.

I wouldn't trade anybody right now.

However, I cringe everytime I see our BU PG hit the floor.  He's more meball than Dennis was as a BU.

I'm really looking hard at CP3 in the summer.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think Delaney looks like 'me ball' because he has realized he's the only one on the floor who can shoot.  

Dennis' is screwing up.  Plain and simple.   He's making horrible passes and he can really only drive right.   He and Baze both need to calm down and not try to do things they aren't capable of doing.   

• Like 3