• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what's the difference, Al or Teague?

gsuteke

I thought this team would be a better version of last year's team with a legit rebounding Center.  That obviously hasn't been the case.  I also thought that Howard would be a better pick and roll dunk machine than he has been.

Korver isn't playing well but there have always been stretches in the season where he all but dissapears.

Millsap missed last nights game but that's going to happen periodically over an 82 game season.

The two missing parts year over year are Horford and Teague.  

I've got an open mind for someone to show me how the stats will support their assertion that Horford is the reason this team sucks now but I'm finding that real hard to believe at this point.

Teague was a very solid player for us.  Maybe the Hawks FO made a mistake by diluting a position of strength and should have held onto Teague atleast until this year's trade deadline.

The end result either way is this team isn't playing very well at all right now.  Your thoughts?

Mostly it's missing Horford. He did everything needed to make our sub - average wings look special. We miss his screen setting on offense and his perimeter D on defense. Also he was able to at least partially adjust his game to the opposing big. In comparison you have Howard. Hes as one dimensional as it gets. Hes only inside the paint rebounding well. Thats about it. 

I don't see that big of a difference between teagues and dennis' game. Yes Dennis lacks vision and decision making sometimes and has to work on his shot (floater esp.). But he provides other things and I don't think his flaws influence the others as much as Howards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gsuteke said:

I thought this team would be a better version of last year's team with a legit rebounding Center.  That obviously hasn't been the case.  I also thought that Howard would be a better pick and roll dunk machine than he has been.

Korver isn't playing well but there have always been stretches in the season where he all but dissapears.

Millsap missed last nights game but that's going to happen periodically over an 82 game season.

The two missing parts year over year are Horford and Teague.  

I've got an open mind for someone to show me how the stats will support their assertion that Horford is the reason this team sucks now but I'm finding that real hard to believe at this point.

Teague was a very solid player for us.  Maybe the Hawks FO made a mistake by diluting a position of strength and should have held onto Teague atleast until this year's trade deadline.

The end result either way is this team isn't playing very well at all right now.  Your thoughts?

Taurean Prince has been huge. I couldn't imagine just Thabo being the only good perimeter defender for the superstar SFs. Him and Thabo were huge in the Pacers game. 

If ATL held onto Teague they would have been lucky to get a late first for him since teams know they could wait until the offseason to sign Teague. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Mostly it's missing Horford. He did everything needed to make our sub - average wings look special. We miss his screen setting on offense and his perimeter D on defense. Also he was able to at least partially adjust his game to the opposing big. In comparison you have Howard. Hes as one dimensional as it gets. Hes only inside the paint rebounding well. Thats about it. 

I don't see that big of a difference between teagues and dennis' game. Yes Dennis lacks vision and decision making sometimes and has to work on his shot (floater esp.). But he provides other things and I don't think his flaws influence the others as much as Howards.

Perimeter D. I can remember several times opposing SGs/SFs would go off on the Hawks. Afflalo, JR Smith. Let's not act like Horford had this team playing GS caliber defense when it mattered.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I hated Scarface

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol haha how come

Because Scarface lacked agility, winning reads, and couldn't defend multiple positions.   I mean he could sit behind a desk and shoot a machine gun but he wasn't running the floor or knocking down PnPs.   

• Like 3

The difference is wing play again, and without Horford and without Bazemore having a career first half of the season it's even more exposed.

Last year got off to a great start, and then was 24-26 for 50 games with Korver and Bazemore struggling badly to fit together. After the 24-26 stretch, things got better with bench plus Horford groups, something that's not a true fix come playoff time.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Because Scarface lacked agility, winning reads, and couldn't defend multiple positions.   I mean he could sit behind a desk and shoot a machine gun but he wasn't running the floor or knocking down PnPs.   

Very UN mailman style...shame on Tony!

• Premium Member

GEE GOLLY! If we had Horford's 9 and 5 that he put up in 32 mins while getting smashed by the pistons, I'm sure we would have won last night! 

He held is man Drummond to a PALTRY 20 and 17 on 8/13 from the field.  That elite D!!! 

Please come back Horford! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I hated Scarface

You just really hurt your credibility right now.

The only thing I miss from Horford is his screens and how he helped the team.  I could care less for what he brought individually on offense. 

As for Teague, I just miss him for depth reasons.  It was nice having 2 starting calibe PGs to throw at a team for a full 48 minutes.

• Moderators

Over the last two games Schröder is averaging 27.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 blocks. … Over the last three games Howard is averaging 16.7 points with a .710 field goal percentage, 13.0 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.0 blocks.

Impressive although the assist numbers suck but that's probably because no one else on the floor can score. 

• Like 1