• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which player out there

Would be able to help us right now? We seem to need a ball handling guard or wing that can handle, pass and play good defense. I know I know, it sounds like a really good player that we probably can't get via trade, but there has to be some players out there. Which would you target to help what we are going through right now. 

I would love a Brent Barry/Bobby Sura type of a guy, none come to mind though...

What do you guys think?

Harrison Barnes 
Wesley Mathews 
Wilson Chandler 
Danilo Gallo 
Solomon hill
Jared Dudley 
Mo Harkless
Boris Diaw

Barnes and Gallo, we are looking at a big piece added, which means giving up a lot, but the rest we could possibly snag cheap.

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Harrison Barnes 
Wesley Mathews 
Wilson Chandler 
Danilo Gallo 
Solomon hill
Jared Dudley 
Mo Harkless
Boris Diaw

Barnes and Gallo, we are looking at a big piece added, which means giving up a lot, but the rest we could possibly snag cheap.

Jared Dudley cannot handle the ball - force him off the 3 point line he is useless on offense otherwise.

Don't know enough about Harkless' game.

Can Solomom Hill handle?

Barnes is unattainable.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jared Dudley cannot handle the ball - force him off the 3 point line he is useless on offense otherwise.

Don't know enough about Harkless' game.

Can Solomom Hill handle?

Barnes is unattainable.

Ya I think you would like Harkless. Solomon can handle, he might be a good cheap fit.

So we prolly couldn't do a Baze/Tiago/Minny 1st for Harrison Barnes?

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya I think you would like Harkless. Solomon can handle, he might be a good cheap fit.

So we prolly couldn't do a Baze/Tiago/Minny 1st for Harrison Barnes?

Solomon is making $11 mil - that's not cheap.

Not unless Dallas want's Baze's cheaper contract and a future pick.  If Dallas is rebuilding it makes more sense for them to keep the younger Barnes.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Solomon is making $11 mil - that's not cheap.

Not unless Dallas want's Baze's cheaper contract and a future pick.  If Dallas is rebuilding it makes more sense for them to keep the younger Barnes.

Omg he's making $11? Wtf 

Solomon sucks man.  Horrible panic-overpay by NO.  Knight wouldn't be a good addition, he's already complaining about not starting in PHX.  I think Gay helps us although admittedly he's not the perfect addition.

I'd try adjustments first before thinking about trades or moving on from the transitional roster idea.

Korver is not going to ever fit into the new starting lineup format because the new starting lineup is playing a new way on offense that doesn't suit him as well. Continued attempts at trying are going to end up being continued attempts at jabbing a square peg into a round hole. At a minimum, let him play most of his minutes with bench players, which are playing more like the old offense and not this year's offense. It may get him going.

Instead of it being Thabo Sefolosha to the starting lineup, have it be Taurean Prince to the starting lineup...but as a token starter. Have him play 4 minutes with the starters at the start of each half, and then go to a three guard lineup with Schröder/Hardaway Jr/Bazemore (against most teams, against teams with a big SF, then go to Sefolosha).

The main bench unit ends up being Delaney/Korver/Sefolosha/Millsap/Muscala (or Scott/Millsap).

See how that works. Korver for even last year's unit just made them think way too hard. It was not about "How do I use simple offense to get a good shot for myself or a player nearby?" It was about "How do we use simple offense to get a good shot and how do we get Korver into the swing of things in this game?" When this team tries, it's just too hard for them. A lot of times they just end up ignoring that Korver is on the floor and doing better when they do.

If it doesn't work to help revive Korver and jumpstart things...then it's time to move on.

Edited by Lurker

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I think Gay is a perfect fit with Dennis and Baze/Thabo. Dude has the gene to be a skilled passer and goes to work of the dribble. I also like his lenght and abillity to play PF.

Rudy gay is not consistent player, he's having a lot of ups and downs. I'm not confident on him joining the hawks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Would be able to help us right now? We seem to need a ball handling guard or wing that can handle, pass and play good defense. I know I know, it sounds like a really good player that we probably can't get via trade, but there has to be some players out there. Which would you target to help what we are going through right now. 

I would love a Brent Barry/Bobby Sura type of a guy, none come to mind though...

What do you guys think?

Boris diaw with his passing and court vision, he will fit in the system with the hawks, but the problem is he's getting older.

Hawks need a scorer though . It would be the nice if they find one that's loyal not just for the money. 

Also, no need to rush things and look for a trade right away..  give  this team a whole season, let the new and younger players develop and get familiarize with the team then make adjustments on the roster again after the season.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

vor 18 Minuten, Spursfanpeacemaker sagte:

Rudy gay is not consistent player, he's having a lot of ups and downs. I'm not confident on him joining the hawks. 

Yeah, I'd like Lebron or Durant as well.

• Like 3