• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There you go Budcox!

JTB

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244273/Wolves-Interested-In-Trading-For-Frontcourt-Player

The Minnesota Timberwolves are "looking to trade for a frontcourt player," according to Brian Windhorst.

.....by no means am I trying to push a sap trade but I'd give the wolves Millsap for the right price! Wiggins or Levine plus filler...I think millsap only returns if we make the ECF and I thought that even before all the losing started therefore we really should think about trading him...I never personally brought it up cause I thought chances were good of making it back to the ecf  but I'm being more realistic and seeing we just don't have the wings to make that happen (atleast they are showing it).

Then go for a pf in the lottery. 

Sounds like a plan to me.

Even if it's kind of frustrating but if we just hang on and try to reach the playoffs for then losing in the first round doesn't sound like a plan for the future. 

I want to win a championship someday. And it's more likely with going through the lottery  instead of hoping that somehow that team now takes the leap without big adjustments 

Just now, StephenHawking said:

Then go for a pf in the lottery. 

Sounds like a plan to me.

Even if it's kind of frustrating but if we just hang on and try to reach the playoffs for then losing in the first round doesn't sound like a plan for the future. 

I want to win a championship someday. And it's more likely with going through the lottery  instead of hoping that somehow that team now takes the leap without big adjustments 

Or just sign a solid one in FA. 

Seriously, a future of Wiggins/Levine, Prince, Dennis and a solid big will mean the world to this squad. 

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Likely not willing to part with Wiggins.  Levine seems more realistic.

I would rather LaVine but Wiggins actually would fit our system more than LaVine. With that said, how good will our system be without Millsap. I am willing to say, not very good.

• Like 1

Either this is turned around by the start of 2017 or the plan of making the playoffs needs to go away completely, which means trade the veterans you can.

If it doesn't get turned around:

Trade Millsap to the Wolves for Dieng and Lavine.

Just get Bazemore off of this team in any way you can. I'd take salary relief and a second round pick.

Trade Korver to Toronto for a first round pick.

After that, do nothing for now...but in the summer:

Get Howard off of the team in any way you can. It's pretty clear this is his last shot in the NBA and if ANOTHER team continues to resemble a “Howard cancer team” (laziness and not trying hard) that's all for him in the NBA. He won't recover from it.

Draft a big man in the 2017 draft.

Maybe Atlanta gets lucky and Portland is like Brooklyn in which they're desperate. They have NO big man presence in the paint and it's really hurting them. Perhaps Howard to Portland for some salary relief and a second.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244273/Wolves-Interested-In-Trading-For-Frontcourt-Player

The Minnesota Timberwolves are "looking to trade for a frontcourt player," according to Brian Windhorst.

.....by no means am I trying to push a sap trade but I'd give the wolves Millsap for the right price! Wiggins or Levine plus filler...I think millsap only returns if we make the ECF and I thought that even before all the losing started therefore we really should think about trading him...I never personally brought it up cause I thought chances were good of making it back to the ecf  but I'm being more realistic and seeing we just don't have the wings to make that happen (atleast they are showing it).

I don't understand why they extended Dieng. 

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Either this is turned around by the start of 2017 or the plan of making the playoffs needs to go away completely, which means trade the veterans you can.

If it doesn't get turned around:

Trade Millsap to the Wolves for Dieng and Lavine.

Just get Bazemore off of this team in any way you can. I'd take salary relief and a second round pick.

Trade Korver to Toronto for a first round pick.

After that, do nothing for now...but in the summer:

Get Howard off of the team in any way you can. It's pretty clear this is his last shot in the NBA and if ANOTHER team continues to resemble a “Howard cancer team” (laziness and not trying hard) that's all for him in the NBA. He won't recover from it.

Draft a big man in the 2017 draft.

Maybe Atlanta gets lucky and Portland is like Brooklyn in which they're desperate. They have NO big man presence in the paint and it's really hurting them. Perhaps Howard to Portland for some salary relief and a second.

Lol nobody is going to trade a 1st for Korver.

• Moderators

I'm gonna slide this over to Trade Ideas in a bit.

First, since we're talking T'Wolves, a little blast from the past (Summer 2012)...

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/9435/korver-to-timberwolves

(ESPN Chicago) Nicolas Batum wants to play in Minnesota, but if the Timberwolves can't work out a sign-and-trade for the promising swingman -- and as of now there is little movement on that front -- they appear to be ready to move on a trade for Chicago's Kyle Korver.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-12/sports/chi-timberwolves-end-korver-trade-talks-20120712_1_trade-talks-minnesota-timberwolves-twitter-kcjhoop

The Minnesota Timberwolves plan to use their amnesty provision on Darko Milicic, setting the stage for them to sign Portland Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum to an offer sheet and ending their interest in Kyle Korver.

The Chicago Bulls had engaged in trade talks with the Timberwolves, who were trying to entice the Trail Blazers into taking Korver and two first-round picks for Batum rather than using the offer sheet. Portland is expected to match the offer sheet.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

In the talks, the Bulls were to receive a second-round pick from the Timberwolves, as well as a traded player exception. Korver's $5 million option needs to be picked up or waived by Sunday. If the Bulls waive him, they are on the hook for $500,000.

The Bulls are expected to re-engage the Atlanta Hawks in trade talks. The Hawks had shown interest in Korver after receiving a traded player exception in the Joe Johnson deal to New Jersey.

"New Jersey," hee hee...

~lw3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would rather LaVine but Wiggins actually would fit our system more than LaVine. With that said, how good will our system be without Millsap. I am willing to say, not very good.

Wait, you would rather have LaVine than Wiggins? Don't get me wrong LaVine is an awesome player but Wiggins could land in the superstar category soon. At this point I'd pull the trigger on either but  if I'm choosing I'm taking Wiggins 100% all day errday.

Edited by Spud2Nique

With their starting lineup don't really know why they have lost eight out of ten games. Believe all five played in all those games. Anyway those two both have great offensive numbers for being so young, both are only twenty one. Crazy stuff.

48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

With their starting lineup don't really know why they have lost eight out of ten games. Believe all five played in all those games. Anyway those two both have great offensive numbers for being so young, both are only twenty one. Crazy stuff.

3 teams in the league start 3 guys who avg 20+ ppg.  CLE, GS and *drumroll please* your Minnesota TimberWolves!!! Yay?

The problem appears to be they don't play together and they don't play defense.

And to @Spud2Nique, I wouldn't mind Lavine over Wiggins.  In fact, I think I prefer Lavine.  Wiggins suffers from a skrong case of 'look like Tarzan, play like Jane' brain.  He's ultra-talented.  Should be a Pippen-esque defender, but just ... isn't.

I'd obviously take him but there's definitely some reprogramming needed.