• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The "BIG" Issue

sillent

As long as we continue to ignore what really happened to us we will continue to go thru these ups & downs. We started this year with a real Big in Walter "Eddy" Tavares. No he wasn't a  show stopper atleast  not yet but the Big pluses he added to our team are being ignored. Being able to man the paint behind Dwight allowed our wings to play a lot tighter on the perimeter which made our defense look spectacular.

On offense the same missed shots that we're getting thrown up by some of our wings were recovered by our stellar offensive  rebounding. Dwight now has no extra fire lit under him because Mike Muscala, Tiago Splitter or Humphries aren't  replacing him no time soon or in the near future.

Our wing's  now have to worry more about their defensive assignments driving to the hole (hence giving away the shot instead of the easy drive to the lane). Again Tavares was getting extra rebounds without even jumping sometimes. Rebounding gives a jump shooter all the confidence in the world. (Just ask the Cavs when Tristan Thompson was beasting us on boards). It makes misses less painful when we know we are likely to rebound the miss.

NOBODY PAYS ATTENTION TO A  LOSE SCREW UNTIL THINGS START FALLING APART & ONCE IT STARTS IT'S  HARD TO PIN POINT  PROBLEMS & SOLUTIONS. This one isn't  hard to pin point but eventually the wheels will come off if it continues to be ignored. The Warrior's didn't ignor when they saw we picked up Dwight & had an extra 7 footer they didn't just settle for Durant (& Zaza for that matter) they also went & got McGee(a 7 footer) because they understood the threat  & wanted no kinks in the armor. We choose to pierce our own & what once looked like a  well oiled machine is now looking like a mess that's going to take alot more adjustments than what would have been necessary.

I hope we can  adjust before it gets too late but it just reminds me of the age ole saying "If it ain't broke don't  fix it". We broke it & now we have to buy a new scheme. Reasons why I miss Ferry & Quinn they kept Bud in line & great for the team's overall. Bud is starting to remind me of Woods with his stubbornness & even seems to have gone "mad" with all the power at his helm with his late/lack of  substitutions.

I hope ownership is taking notice & starts to hold everyone more accountable before things have to change. Our culture & all was suppose to change. It's starting to look like the same old Atlanta teams.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Hey this is that other thread but now it isn't cut in half. It is still a huge wall of text though.

I wish he had kept Edy but if he came back what role would he have? We should already be using Hump as the backup center instead of Moose.

• Like 2

Walter Edy Tavares seldom played.  He was on the Hawks roster and many

fans, including yours truly, thought he was special and always looked

forward to his two or three minutes of play here and there, always hoping

to see him improving and getting more time.

Hawks were winning.

Then, they decided that Edy wasn't ever going to become a legitimate NBA

player.  They released him and replaced him on the roster with Ryan Kelly.

When was the last time he was in any game and what did he do while he

was in the game?

I know.  One thing has no effect whatsoever on the other.  But, just for the

heck of it, check out the record of Atlanta before they released Edy and the

record with Ryan Kelly on the roster.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

So.  Get Noel.  Send them Kelly and a second round draft pick or two!

Well they do love stockpiling those draft picks don't they. We can only wish for that one though.

38 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I must have missed a lot early in the season, cause i can't remember Tavares playing hardly any at all.

He actually had a few good moments during the season last year but then what he faced just didn't really count. Hope the best for him and did hope he would help us this year starting some fun fast breaks and the occasional alley-oop slam but its just not going to happen apparently. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

He actually had a few good moments during the season last year but then what he faced just didn't really count. Hope the best for him and did hope he would help us this year starting some fun fast breaks and the occasional alley-oop slam but its just not going to happen apparently. 

I am surprised they didn't stick with him longer. There is no reason to try and figure out why when you have a coach that thinks Muscala is a superstar, and thinks Humphries stinks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I am surprised they didn't stick with him longer. There is no reason to try and figure out why when you have a coach that thinks Muscala is a superstar, and thinks Humphries stinks.

Truly agree on both counts, will say that Kris has given us what we thought Bud wanted off the bench. Well, I should say what we as fans want off the bench because we saw the results ourselves. Anything to slow down the LeBrendas down the road when it really, really counts. Kris does not fear contact at all.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/17/2016 at 4:38 AM, Gray Mule said:

Walter Edy Tavares seldom played.  He was on the Hawks roster and many

fans, including yours truly, thought he was special and always looked

forward to his two or three minutes of play here and there, always hoping

to see him improving and getting more time.

Hawks were winning.

Then, they decided that Edy wasn't ever going to become a legitimate NBA

player.  They released him and replaced him on the roster with Ryan Kelly.

was in the game?

I know.  One thing has no effect whatsoever on the other.  But, just for the

heck of it, check out the record of Atlanta before they released Edy and the

record with Ryan Kelly on the roster.

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation! 

• Moderators
On 12/17/2016 at 5:42 PM, Thomas said:

Truly agree on both counts, will say that Kris has given us what we thought Bud wanted off the bench. Well, I should say what we as fans want off the bench because we saw the results ourselves. Anything to slow down the LeBrendas down the road when it really, really counts. Kris does not fear contact at all.  

Humphries hasn't been all that good this year but Moose flat out stinks right now.  For me, it is a matter of what you want from the guy on the floor.  If  you need a little strength to put a body on their center, that should be Humphries and Bud keeps going with Moose.  That was the exact situation against the Cavs last year when it was obvious we needed someone to be physical and Moose kept getting the minutes and getting punked.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 12/17/2016 at 5:38 AM, Gray Mule said:

was in the game?

I am pretty sure Walter couldn't shoot too much worse than Kelly has.  And shooting is all Kelly brings to the floor so yeah.

I am hoping we find a backup PG with that spot that is ready to come in and contribute in the near term.

• Like 1