• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap Active (Real) Trade Talks (Merged Threads)

terrellgroup

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Appears every two or three months with this same kinda stuff. You know the "just you wait you'll see its about to happen and only I have knowledge of it" mysterious source thing. 

My thing is, if you have something to post ... just post it.  This mystery news stuff is silly.  If you got sources, fine.  Put the news out there.  If your sources don't want you to reveal anything, why are you on a message board with it?

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Appears every two or three months with this same kinda stuff. You know the "just you wait you'll see its about to happen and only I have knowledge of it". 

That's just Supes.  Since his first appearance on the Squawk he's fancied himself as some kind of basketball savant, an 'NBA Scout' in his own mind. To the rest of us, he's just the brightest kid in his special ed class. Which is good....but, ya know :)

• Like 2

If we tank Dennis will be embarrassed and angry, He will be pissed about signing a relative low contract - what players do to play on at least good teams, but not to play on teams in tank mode. Dennis is ambitious and would hate it to play for a scrub team.

1 minute ago, Ropadope said:

That's just Supes.  Since his first appearance on the Squawk he's fancied himself as some kind of basketball savant, an 'NBA Scout' in his own mind. To the rest of us, he's just the brightest kid in his special ed class. Which is good....but, ya know :)

We're referring to this poster. LikejRod29

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My thing is, if you have something to post ... just post it.  This mystery news stuff is silly.  If you got sources, fine.  Put the news out there.  If your sources don't want you to reveal anything, why are you on a message board with it?

Like i said, his posts are fake news.

2 minutes ago, rd79 said:

If we tank Dennis will be embarrassed and angry, He will be pissed about signing a relative low contract - what players do to play on at least good teams, but not to play on teams in tank mode. Dennis is ambitious and would hate it to play for a scrub team.

So ....

Seriously though, he'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

We're referring to this poster. LikejRod29

Heh, kinda applies to Supers too.

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Like i said, his posts are fake news.

Who RandomFan? (hehe)

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You gotta stop assuming everyone is dumb except you.

Nobody's saying we're gonna trade Millsap for an unprotected 1st, Jimmy Butler and Paul George.

I'm saying we aren't rebuilding.  We're not targeting the draft.  We're trying to retool on the fly.  They appear to have recognized that they don't want to pay Sap so they're seeing what they can get for him while staying competitive.

I am disagreeing with you. If you trade a top 15-25 player, that's a clear scream for rebuilding. Now, Atlanta could call it retooling but it's still rebuilding. 

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So ....

Seriously though, he'll be fine.

Heh, kinda applies to Supers too.

Who RandomFan? (hehe)

Not one time have I personally taken a shot at you. Fall back homie. 

It would be to funny if we get Horford back for Sap and then in the first meeting Bud will tell him: "I told you you only will get a 4 year deal here. Denny and I had a good laught when we planned this in the off season"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am disagreeing with you. If you trade a top 15-25 player, that's a clear scream for rebuilding. Now, Atlanta could call it retooling but it's still rebuilding. 

Not one time have I personally taken a shot at you. Fall back homie. 

I know that, I was just messin' with you.

What I'm saying w.r.t. Sap is that he's a top 15-25 player but due to his age and what he'll be owed, it behooves them to trade him.  These rumors are more indicative of that than a rebuilding effort.  That's where we differ.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You could be right, but we don't even know what we're getting back in this hypothetical trade for Sap. What if we're packaging Sap and a bunch of picks to get  superstar?

3 minutes ago, DrReality said:

Love the background. Makes it look like the Twilight Zone. 

lol that's just the default...I show get a Hawks backdrop...:-)

4 minutes ago, DrReality said:

Love the background. Makes it look like the Twilight Zone. 

Also, with these weird a$$ trades...twilight zone sounds about right lol

• Moderators

Thoughts from the Junkyard...

Like I tell everybody, Paul is the most unselfish all-star you probably will ever find,” said (DeMarre) Carroll. “He’s always been a team player. He always fills the stat sheets. If he wanted to he could go out and get 30 points and try and get up 20 shots a game but he always does whatever it takes to help the team win. “That’s why so many teams want him right now. You can just plug him in. He’s not going to be that selfish guy who’s just trying to get numbers, he’s going to do what it takes to try and win games and hopefully win a championship.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/raptors-price-millsap-may-expensive-despite-cavs-move/

~lw3

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Almost sounds like DMC could be talking about himself with the unselfish trait stuff. He and Sap coming here at the same time really made us more of a team in particular after the Josh situation. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

DMC recruiting Sap...lol..either way it's a positive for us to have good things said about Paul. Although I'm sure the NBA and everyone already knows about St. Paul. (Not Minny, although another destination for Sap lol...if he heads to Minny via trade I'd like to reserve the slogan St. Paul to St. Paul...)

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is kinda surreal that our 60 win 2014 team with 4 All Stars and five starters winning Player of the Month will possibly all be gone just two seasons later.

As long as it doesn't end up like the recent Mav's downward spiral. Made it to the finals twice and then traded a huge factor in those wins. Don't want to mimic the season their having this year next year.

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is kinda surreal that our 60 win 2014 team with 4 All Stars and five starters winning Player of the Month will possibly all be gone just two seasons later.

Yea same, If Thabo was playing, and Korver wasn't injured, i really believe they could have beat the Cavs in the ECF.

• Like 2