• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarification on these trading rumors

ViewsFromTheSquawk

If you are under the impression we're in the midst of a fire sale or tank season or rebuild mode you have mistaken. Multiple NBA outlet sources have stated that we're gauging offers from multiple teams with YOUNG ASSETS and GOOD CONTRACTS so we can tool with the roster so we can make a potential playoff run with rejuvenated fresh legs. Thus explaining why we're in talks with teams like Denver,Philadelphia,New Orleans and Sacramento for the services of Paul Millsap,Thabo Sefolosha,and Tiago Splitter (yes Tiago has received a few looks from certain teams). So don't panic and just wait and see what this front office has in store. Some of the deals I've read to potentially occur are NIIIICCEEE for our Hawks in regards to their future. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Thus explaining why we're in talks with teams like Denver,Philadelphia,New Orleans and Sacramento for the services of ... Tiago Splitter (yes Tiago has received a few looks from certain teams). 

I agree with the general sentiment of your post that we are not tanking or doing any sort of major rebuild, since that is the most likely goal of the trades we have kicked off. 

But as to the point you made that I quoted above about Splitter, I really hope you're right. I just don't feel like we need him now, and if we can free up cap space and get anything in return, like a second rounder or two, I would be all for it. Do you have any links to sources indicating that we are getting interest in Splitter? Just seems like he is damaged goods with his injury history and since he is expiring. I think given all that and we have Moose and Hump, I am ready to cash out on Splitts. Very interested in what people are saying we might get for him, so please post any links you find about him in particular. Kthxbye

4 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

I agree with the general sentiment of your post that we are not tanking or doing any sort of major rebuild, since that is the most likely goal of the trades we have kicked off. 

But as to the point you made that I quoted above about Splitter, I really hope you're right. I just don't feel like we need him now, and if we can free up cap space and get anything in return, like a second rounder or two, I would be all for it. Do you have any links to sources indicating that we are getting interest in Splitter? Just seems like he is damaged goods with his injury history and since he is expiring. I think given all that and we have Moose and Hump, I am ready to cash out on Splitts. Very interested in what people are saying we might get for him, so please post any links you find about him in particular. Kthxbye

Think it's more likely Splitter is used as trade filler for a solid player.

Just now, Thomas said:

Wouldn't you all be really surprised if Tiago was obtained by someone? I surely would be.

All I'm saying is 29 teams should refrain from wheelin n dealin with the Warriors...they are a couple of bigs away from...well u know

1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

I have no basis for this, but I really like the idea of Dragic as our Ginobili if we can snag him.

Oh man Dragic for Splitter ...hell yes!

I agree with this and don't see trading Korver as a tank move at all. Just a move to free up a roster spot for other players. Bud and tanking don't go hand in hand which is why if Sap is moved, we will get a good return. Or he won't be moved at all.

• Like 2

We are rebuilding. No one really expects to tank (besides the Sixers), but I do expect to take a step back for a season or 2 while youth grows. If that means getting top 10 draft picks in the process, so be it.

Just don't expect to beat the Cavs with the current or post Sap roster this season. What's crazier than the tank opinions is the ones that believe the current roster has a chance at a championship.

Edited by RWF

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Now Zach Lowe saying THJ joins in rumors. Lookn for 2nds

So we give up the #15 pick in that draft to trade for a guy that was road kill 75% of his time here...and turn that into 2nd round picks. Wow. Just....wow. At least we wouldn't be on the hook paying him as a RFA after the season I guess.

9 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Now Zach Lowe saying THJ joins in rumors. Lookn for 2nds

Zach Lowe is an idiot. Tim Hardaway Jr. has a qualifying offer for $3.4 million next year. In today's NBA, that is barely more than a vet min and 1/8th of a max contract. For his production, Harday is making less than 1/5 of market demand. Hardaway is worth a mid-round first when you balance his contract with his production. Hardaway for a 2nd would bring pitchforks to Phillips for Bud's head.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, RWF said:

Just don't expect to beat the Cavs with the current or post Sap roster this season.

Just a reminder below. Kyle didn't play in that game earlier this season so we at the moment have that same roster available. Dwight had seventeen rebounds and Tristan had two. The result was by design for the Cavs in the offseason by bringing in Dwight. So who knows what would happen if we get there and face them postseason.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899550

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

So we give up the #15 pick in that draft to trade for a guy that was road kill 75% of his time here...and turn that into 2nd round picks. Wow. Just....wow. At least we wouldn't be on the hook paying him as a RFA after the season I guess.

I highly, highly doubt we'll trade THJ for 2nds. Most of the deals we've made have been pretty good.

• Like 2