• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarification on these trading rumors

ViewsFromTheSquawk

50 minutes ago, andpau said:

Just logged in because of that..

"The latest NBA trade rumors are pointing toward a possible blockbuster deal between the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, and Atlanta Hawks. The hypothetical trade scenario that is being shared and discussed online is structured as follows: the Cavs would receive Carmelo Anthony and shooting guard Kyle Korver. The Knicks would acquire Paul Millsap, Iman Shumpert, point guard Dennis Schröder, and center Tiago Splitter. Finally, the Hawks would come out of this swap with Kevin Love and point guard Derrick Rose."

http://www.inquisitr.com/3854029/nba-trade-rumors-anthony-korver-cavs-millsap-shumpert-Schröder-splitter-knicks-love-rose-hawks/

This is straight garbage. I would almost certainly bail on watching this team for at least the rest of the season.

41 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

The deal I read was something on a smaller scale.... 

NYK gets-Tiago/Dunleavy+multiple draft picks

ATL gets-Multiple draft picks 

CLE gets-Rose/Korver

This sounds much more reasonable to me. But who would run point in NYK? Seems like something is still missing here, but much more tolerable for me than that other ish

CLE gets-Rose/Korver

Where are all these multiple picks coming from that the Knicks and Hawks are getting? That doesn't add up at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Why would we trade TH jr if we aren't tanking? He is only 24 and hitting his prime. Trade him and Millsap and we easily miss the playoffs.

He is a restricted free agent this offseason.  It is like with Bazemore - we may have to choose between letting him go and overpaying him depending on what the other offers are.  If management feels they won't overpay him but would likely have to and we aren't looking to compete this season, then there is a case for trading him for assets rather than having him walk away.

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

CLE just finisbed up a deal with POR to acquire picks I do believe 

No, just an exchange of picks. Cavs made a  trade with Portland to satisfy  the Hawks Korver trade.  They traded their 2017 pick  for a 2018 that was owed to Portland since they can't trde  picks in consecutive years.

They owed Portland  a 2018 pick.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is a restricted free agent this offseason.  It is like with Bazemore - we may have to choose between letting him go and overpaying him depending on what the other offers are.  If management feels they won't overpay him but would likely have to and we aren't looking to compete this season, then there is a case for trading him for assets rather than having him walk away.

But he is the exact type of player you want to pay to stay here. He is young, versitile already playing great but still has upside. If we are going to pull a Braves move and trade all our good players for draft picks that probably won't pan out as good as the players we traded away I'm not going to support this team.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, swanlee said:

But he is the exact type of player you want to pay to stay here. He is young, versitile already playing great but still has upside. If we are going to pull a Braves move and trade all our good players for draft picks that probably won't pan out as good as the players we traded away I'm not going to support this team.

This was the exact rationale used to overpay Bazemore.  "He's young, versatile, already playing great and how knows how much better Baze will be!"

I've been pointing out this upcoming dilemma with THJr since the day we traded for him.

Just now, AHF said:

This was the exact rationale used to overpay Bazemore.  "He's young, versatile, already playing great and how knows how much better Baze will be!"

I've been pointing out this upcoming dilemma with THJr since the day we traded for him.

So? I'm not going to support a Braves like sell off, mish mash of rent a year min wage vets and always trading young talent right before they get a big contract they earned. Pony up and keep our young and upcoming players cause draft picks are a huge gamble. It's a never ending cycle of futility to trade young  but proven talent right before they get a bigger contract. Stand your ground and develop young talent for the long haul instead of mid season trades right before they get a payday.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, swanlee said:

So? I'm not going to support a Braves like sell off, mish mash of rent a year min wage vets and always trading young talent right before they get a big contract they earned. Pony up and keep our young and upcoming players cause draft picks are a huge gamble. It's a never ending cycle of futility to trade young  but proven talent right before they get a bigger contract. Stand your ground and develop young talent for the long haul instead of mid season trades right before they get a payday.

Resigning Bazemore was a mistake.  The decision with THJr is going to be a hard one - compounded by the fact that you already "kept your young talent" last year with Bazemore and drafted more young talent at THJr's position.  Unlike baseball, you have a limited cap in basketball.  If you resign Bazmore for 12% of your cap and THJr for 12% of your cap you basically have kept two backup SGs for 1/4 of your payroll and doomed yourself.  

I get your point but it isn't that simple.

FWIW, Braves look like they are rounding into pretty good shape right now as well.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

CLE gets-Rose/Korver

Per espn trade machine, this works but only if Cleveland cuts 20 million in extra salary.  this is nonsense

1 hour ago, andpau said:

Just logged in because of that..

"The latest NBA trade rumors are pointing toward a possible blockbuster deal between the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, and Atlanta Hawks. The hypothetical trade scenario that is being shared and discussed online is structured as follows: the Cavs would receive Carmelo Anthony and shooting guard Kyle Korver. The Knicks would acquire Paul Millsap, Iman Shumpert, point guard Dennis Schröder, and center Tiago Splitter. Finally, the Hawks would come out of this swap with Kevin Love and point guard Derrick Rose."

http://www.inquisitr.com/3854029/nba-trade-rumors-anthony-korver-cavs-millsap-shumpert-Schröder-splitter-knicks-love-rose-hawks/

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=huajutw

This however works. But it leaves Atlanta dangerously weak at the PG position and 2 roster spots short of 15, while increasing our cap amount about 5 million while lowering Cleveland's considerably. Looking at this logically, I really, really, really don't like losing Dennis. I am a huge fan of his potential. Dennis in 2 years will be stellar. Love + Rose +Dwight is very scary. We would own the boards, have multiple solid scorers and that extra draft pick. The trade machine also assumes +4 wins for the Hawks but less wins for both the Knicks and Cavs.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=huajutw

This however works. But it leaves Atlanta dangerously weak at the PG position and 2 roster spots short of 15, while increasing our cap amount about 5 million while lowering Cleveland's considerably. Looking at this logically, I really, really, really don't like losing Dennis. I am a huge fan of his potential. Dennis in 2 years will be stellar. Love + Rose +Dwight is very scary. We would own the boards, have multiple solid scorers and that extra draft pick. The trade machine also assumes +4 wins for the Hawks but less wins for both the Knicks and Cavs.

Dennis to Rose is a huge downgrade.  

Sap to Love is about equal.  

Sap is a free agent while Love is under team control so non-basketball reasons makes that an improvement but it isn't worth the declining, selfish Rose.