• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Splitter ever playing again?

swanlee

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

The Hawks need him to be able to pass the physical when they unload his expiring contract.

Actually, I'd contend the very opposite.

If his only real value is as an expiring contract, might as well be injured b/c the acquiring team--by that very definition--isn't dealing for his services.

If he can play, we need him. Honestly how can anyone say different? We have no reasonably adequate player who can play and guard at the 5 when D8 comes off the floor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Actually, I'd contend the very opposite.

If his only real value is as an expiring contract, might as well be injured b/c the acquiring team--by that very definition--isn't dealing for his services.

If he can play, we need him. Honestly how can anyone say different? We have no reasonably adequate player who can play and guard at the 5 when D8 comes off the floor.

IMG_8271.GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'm such a sucker for this thread.... with every bump to the top, I open it... thinking THIS might be that time when it's reported that he's back, or even merely that there's a new date that he's expected back.

giphy.gif

Bummer.

• Like 3

Assuming he gets 'healthy' and isn't traded (I'm hoping we can get someone or something useful in a trade - he's played 36 games in 2 years, smh.  He was supposed to miss 6 weeks, tomorrow will be 11 week)...............Let's play a game:

FUN WITH SPLITTER

Which game will be his first (after the All-star break)? 26 games left after ASG.  Shedule:http://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/atl

This is @sturt  checking the thread and disappointed once more...

giphy.gif

I will say March 16th vs Grizzlies - that will have him play 15 games of the regular season before the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition, Tiago Splitter is getting closer to a return from the hip and calf injuries that have sidelined him all season. The backup center has been doing increased work in his rehabilitation and could return at some point for the stretch run.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/basketball/where-the-hawks-stand-headed-into-final-games-regular-season/gZdZZzHss4yBI14lgYtfjL/