• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince is the next Hawk to be a candidate for idiot of the year

Admin

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The meme is the problem. It was a stupid thing to post with everything going on in America today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything, like senseless violence against innocent young black men? This seems to be a light hearted take. 

Edited by Dakin

Everything, like senseless violence against innocent young black men? This seems to be a light hearted take. 

You think senseless violence against innocebt young black men is okay to joke about?

I don't think it's funny at all to joke about that. I realize this is an old saying but putting up the picture of a white man shooting a black man with what's going on in this country is incredibly stupid and in extremely poor taste.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You think senseless violence against innocebt young black men is okay to joke about?

I don't think it's funny at all to joke about that. I realize this is an old saying but putting up the picture of a white man shooting a black man with what's going on in this country is incredibly stupid and in extremely poor taste.

Okay, man, fair enough but I'm not in the position he is in. When I get pulled over, I get scared enough. I can't imagine being a young black guy. Considering everything else going on in this country, this seems like a silly thing to pick apart.

• Like 1

It is a picture.  That's it.  The hand could be a mobster, Russian spy, or a baker with a sick mind.  You can't accuse him of intent where you see offense.  Cut the kid a break.

What should I see? I see a gun to the head of a black kid/teen/man with a white man holding it. I don't care what color the guy holding the gun us either it still depicts a potentially terrible act. What do you see?

Would it be okay to post a "funny" picture of a kid shooting another kid in a school? Or maybe a Muslim wearing a suicide bomb?

Y'all know I am a major smartass but there are some things you don't like about and to me this is one of them.

12 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

297.png

Ahhh the age of social media where fans can make sociological judgements on players based on the clothing, cars, humor, and grammar they post on the internet.  I think it's a rather large leap to a conclusion, is the black guy sitting in a church pew?  Is the gun hand holding a badge?  Why make the insinuation?  Should all violence in movies be CGIed out if a person of another race is getting shot (goodbye to all my 80s faves)?  Should the 2nd amendment be repealed?  Should the gun be replaced with a watergun emoji?

Players shouldn't be any more immune than anyone else when they post something to social media.

I criticized his grammar, because the lack of punctuation between ABCs and crucial makes him look kind of dumb.

Edited by Dakin

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

If the lack of a comma in a tweet is giving you insight into a person's intelligence then I don't know what to tell you.  Don't check out any of these journalism majors reporting on the Hawks or the POTUS elect to speak nothing of 90% of the rest of the internet.

It's a pretty major error actually. There should be punctuation between a song title and the adjective that you choose to describe the impact that the song has on the point you're making.