• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder: Isaiah Thomas 'Cursed at My Mom'

GameTime

“I’m playing basketball,” Schröder said. “If he think that he got to curse at my mom or say some dumb stuff about my family, that has nothing to do with basketball. That’s his choice. I’ve got too much class for that. Next one, we are going to get it.”

http://www.myajc.com/sports/basketball/Schröder-thomas-renew-rivalry-between-hawks-and-celtics/3236pZiaeXGXPH0FAia5QP/

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

Going to the media about this after Thomas obviously got in Schröder's head is pointless. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT DURING THE GAME!!! If you want to shut him up, you're going to have to outplay him and dominate the matchup. That's the only way. Now IT knows he has Schro in his pocket.

I agree but I wouldn't say Dennis is done. He can let IT know he's still here with a solid performance in the next matchup...or a swift elbow to the nose...God I miss 80's ball. I don't condone violence on the court except against the Celtics lol.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I agree but I wouldn't say Dennis is done. He can let IT know he's still here with a solid performance in the next matchup...or a swift elbow to the nose...God I miss 80's ball. I don't condone violence on the court except against the Celtics lol.

I don't condone violence either, but if Schro had 'taken care of business' during the Playoffs, this wouldn't have happened. You don't let someone slap you 'upside' your head on national TV. An elbow or a shove can be justified as being a part of the game. When someone flat out slaps you, basketball is over. You have to nip that right there. Schro didn't do that, so now the same person that slapped him is now talking about his mother/family. IT has ZERO respect for Schro as a man and is bullying him. Going to the media or twitter is not going to change that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I don't condone violence either, but if Schro had 'taken care of business' during the Playoffs, this wouldn't have happened. You don't let someone slap you 'upside' your head on national TV. An elbow or a shove can be justified as being a part of the game. When someone flat out slaps you, basketball is over. You have to nip that right there. Schro didn't do that, so now the same person that slapped him is now talking about his mother/family. IT has ZERO respect for Schro as a man and is bullying him. Going to the media or twitter is not going to change that.

Agree 110%!!! If somebody elbows you in the back of the head it's not a basketball play at you need to throw down right there. I understand suspensions but a blow to the head can be life threatening if hit in a bad spot. Yup, whining to the media doesn't help either. Dennis is young but he needs to be a man. 

Hey...BE A MAN...DO THE RIGHT THING...

18 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Hawks fans I think we found our new KG...... 

P.S. Anna Horford still talking mess.

Lol..Anna Horford rugrat chickenhead aka Rappers delight!

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You can't let your emotions overwhelm you, they have to fuel you. This resembled game 4 vs Boston last year for Dennis, he wanted so badly to perform well that he was overwhelmed.

The good thing in that series was he got over it quickly and we had the series end with him sticking it to Thomas in Boston in game 6 but he obviously didn't allow himself to forget about it completely. Whatever it was, it made himself not even think about the game last night.

It's something that is unfortunate but can happen. As a young adult, I know you can still let your emotions overwhelm you in the age 20-24 range.

It's not age...you can be 40 and emotionally overwhelmed lol

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

You can't let your emotions overwhelm you, they have to fuel you. This resembled game 4 vs Boston last year for Dennis, he wanted so badly to perform well that he was overwhelmed.

The good thing in that series was he got over it quickly and we had the series end with him sticking it to Thomas in Boston in game 6 but he obviously didn't allow himself to forget about it completely. Whatever it was, it made himself not even think about the game last night.

It's something that is unfortunate but can happen. As a young adult, I know you can still let your emotions overwhelm you in the age 20-24 range.

He should've popped him right in the mouth during the Playoffs. Then all of the 'emotions' would've stopped right then and there.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Pacman21 said:

Dennis did retaliate in that game and got a flagrant that's how people found out IT slapped him in the first place lol

This.

I don't get the complaining about him not taking a swing at IT and getting suspended in the playoffs.  That isn't the issue.

The issue is Dennis was not mentally right last night.  Over hyped and overwhelmed.

• Like 3

I asked my self often what exactly they are talking when trash talking in the NBA. Now it seems it's not normal to simply insult someone or someone's fam because otherwise Dennis wouldn't complain now. But we also learned there are some players who do so. For me it seems it bothered this little dwarf to have been beaten by Dennis in the playoffs.

I know it's really hard to concentrate if someone really got under your skin.
But again, what is Dennis telling players when he makes them angry?

For me IT will now forever be: The angry little dwarf fist-face

Dennis really had a bad one and one big problem was him beeing in foul trouble all the time, so he had to go to the bench out of normal rotation... And this started with the superstar call for TALDFF after 1½ mins

Edited by rd79

IT owns Dennis and he knows it too. Dennis knows this too.  Be a man about it when happens and quit crying about things afterwards.

When whas the last time we've seen someone go all out on another player? Right...

So stop whining. This isnt the meanstreats of Braunschweig(lol). Pro sportsmen are often from difficult backgrounds and being able to hold those emotions back has allot to do with still being alive and playing ball for unreal money. There is nothing Dennis really could and most foremost should do. Dennis is right in making this open to the media. It whas his mom after all. The shame is on IT, knowing he gets away with it. Its only real if both are by them selves in some dark alley. Now we can have our selves a little rivalry and the reffs might take a bit more fair position in the matchups as well.

But yeah. Dennis got owned in this one. Luckely there will be more...

Edited by DS17Fanboy