• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder: Isaiah Thomas 'Cursed at My Mom'

GameTime

That's why I was saying last night in chat, that this was the most mentally challenging game defensively in Dennis' career.  Not only did he have to contend with IT, he was exposed by Marcus Smart in the post, when they were trying to pick up the 4th foul on him.   Last night was a good learning experience for Dennis.  Let's hope he learns from it and does better the next time.

One thing is for sure, Dennis doesn't lack the confidence, so that won't be shaken.

• Like 2

vor 10 Stunden, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

That's why I was saying last night in chat, that this was the most mentally challenging game defensively in Dennis' career.  Not only did he have to contend with IT, he was exposed by Marcus Smart in the post, when they were trying to pick up the 4th foul on him.   Last night was a good learning experience for Dennis.  Let's hope he learns from it and does better the next time.

One thing is for sure, Dennis doesn't lack the confidence, so that won't be shaken.

Maybe I watched another game, but neither Smart nor IT got anything on Schröder offensively, especially not in the post. His defense was fine (especially considering he got a his 1st foul for not touching the opposing player at all). He just was an absolute non-factor offensively.

The problem was actually overhelping on IT in the 1st quarter leading to all open 3's for the Celtics (which they all hit).

• Like 3

Yeah that was a ton of threes taken by the Celtics. They don't have a second thought or conscious about shooting them no matter how much time is or is not on the clock. Thought that it would do them in by the end of the game but no. They almost shot forty percent from out there. 

• Like 1

I actually liked his effort on d. He shut down IT in the first qtr and did pretty well.. But the fouls.. Idk the first one was a bs call, the second and third were hella stupid I don't know why he made those fouls because he didn't have to. 

On the other hand I can't understand why bud put dennis on smart when he already had 3 fouls. I mean in a mismatch you have to defend even tighter and be physical and as you saw that easily lead to a foul. Instead of putting Thabo on IT he should've changed the double and triple teaming on IT to simple one on one. That would've solved the case. 

Edited by StephenHawking

Thomas will always be a better scorer than Dennis, but he's not a significantly better player...

This is another matchup in which Dennis doesn't need to be on the PG. If he focuses on defense he can do well (he was staying with Thomas on a number of occasions...but he was getting help anyway for no reason) but it really hurts him on offense. You need to put Thabo on Thomas, switch everything for most of the game, and then in crunch time you bring the double.

It may not work, but the idea of treating Thomas like he was LeBron was incredibly dumb.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

And the reason why I'm saying that he doesn't need to be on the PG in some matchups is because this team needs both his scoring and playmaking more than his defense. If it was a team that had more scoring options, than yeah I'd say Dennis, go D up and just focus on playmaking on offense, but right now he has to be the second option to Millsap.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 11:42 AM, hawkman said:

He should've popped him right in the mouth during the Playoffs. Then all of the 'emotions' would've stopped right then and there.

So smacking someone is the right answer?

How did that work out for Melo against us?  They're going down in the standings while we've been going up. 

There's a reason the Spurs have been so successful. You don't use your emotions to smack someone, that shows a lack of control. You use your emotions to fuel you on the court. 

Schooling IT on the court, not smacking him is the better answer.  Then we benefit as a team rather than a selfish move that could get a T or flagrant. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

So smacking someone is the right answer?

How did that work out for Melo against us?  They're going down in the standings while we've been going up. 

There's a reason the Spurs have been so successful. You don't use your emotions to smack someone, that shows a lack of control. You use your emotions to fuel you on the court. 

Schooling IT on the court, not smacking him is the better answer.  Then we benefit as a team rather than a selfish move that could get a T or flagrant. 

Yes!

I gotta say ... DMike comes across poorly here.  If it was true, so what, don't give that clown the time of day to say he got to you (or your mom).

No one believes it true.  They believe it was some mistake.  Even if the clown said something to his mom, he didn't know it was his mom.

They're talking about it on NBARadio right now.  Funny exchange.

Punk-a** Scalabrine: "Does anyone know who Schröder's mom is?"

Isola: "Of course."

PAS: "Whut?  How?"

Isola: "She's the one cursing at me in German."

• Moderators

I hate having villains that actually hit big shots.   We better win the next one.   

This is why you need guys like Hump and Dunleavy.   Why we should be interested in a guy like Barbosa.   We need guys who aren't going to back down and will take care of our star players.   

On 1/14/2017 at 8:30 PM, Hotlanta1981 said:

Thomas punked him and took his lunch money. Thomas is twice the player Dennis is and he showed it.

Bro ease up on Isaiah's sack just a little. I mean damn it's not even that serious, Dennis got the last laugh in the playoffs after all. Or maybe you forgot that. IT was a starter and the only offense Bos had. Dennis was a bench player. If anything Dennis owned him, seeing as tho IT is supposed to be this star player and he had to resort to taking a cheap shot at our backup point guard. 

Go cheer for BOS if you're going to be that in love with IT cuz honestly as a Hawks fan it's disgusting to see 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is Yomamagate!!!  Did Thomas talk about Dennis' mama?  Listening to his press conference and "keep it hoop", it sounds like he didn't.  I think we have to find the missing footage.

It Yomamagate proves that IT didn't talk about Dennis' mama, this will be as big a fraud played on the public as either of the moon landings. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is Yomamagate!!!  Did Thomas talk about Dennis' mama?  Listening to his press conference and "keep it hoop", it sounds like he didn't.  I think we have to find the missing footage.

Cause I believe what he tells the press on something like this.  Haven't we seen him already tell the press he doesn't play dirty and then seen the video of him hitting Dennis in the face?  I'll trust Dennis on this.

That said, I'm sure Reggie Miller said worse and owned it with a smile instead of trying to play angel.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

3....2...BANT

Ah man, give ol' AH some credit.  He's had tremendous personal growth so he's unaffected by these comments.  I mean, look how much progress he's made in his high-5 game.

Went from gettin' no 5's ....

Sadprincefan_medium

To ...

KENTUCKY FAN HIGH FIVE FAIL

.. uh, well maybe he's still got some growing to do?