• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gary Neal to the Hawks!

• Premium Member

Meh.

And... it's news to me that Neal has played PG. I always understood him to be a wing.

I do think they have to start looking in the direction of a 3rd PG at this point in the season, though, unless they were to give Bembry an honest trial look.

Rather see my pal and yours Yogi get stolen from Long Island/Brooklyn.

He's not a pg in any way...he's a slightly undersized shooting guard. Also, didn't he get arrested or in trouble...battery or domestic violence? He did something wrong I can't recall though.

• Premium Member

Related... would they give up Mo Williams' filler contract in order to get someone on a 10-day? I'd kinda thought that was viewed as a bonus from the trade that could allow us a little extra flexibility at the deadline.

6 hours ago, Garchelino said:

If he could provide 37-40% 3FG I would be glad with his signing.

He shot forty one percent a year ago with the Wizards and thirty eight percent for his NBA career so very possible. Certainly would not have the learning curve a lot of other players would have.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4300/gary-neal

Dominique would have a field day with Neal because he's the type of guy that can hit a few perimeter shots, possibly 3's...then he might be willing to test his streak by taking a couple more shots to see if he can continue the success...that my friends is better know to Nique as a :

HEAT CHECK!!!!!!!! Lol

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

He's not a pg in any way...he's a slightly undersized shooting guard. Also, didn't he get arrested or in trouble...battery or domestic violence? He did something wrong I can't recall though.

Nothing that serious, but he didn't help his cause this summer by seemingly tossing his former teammates under the (proverbial) bus while tooting his own horn.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/some-ex-wizards-teammates-will-take-exception-gary-neals-point-view

~lw3

9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Nothing that serious, but he didn't help his cause this summer by seemingly tossing his former teammates under the (proverbial) bus while tooting his own horn.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/some-ex-wizards-teammates-will-take-exception-gary-neals-point-view

~lw3

His +/- was terrible and he was outproduce as well. As someone who went to Wizards games, he wasn't as effective as he thinks. That said, he is a better player in a legit system then he's is when he's not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

Rape charges at LaSalle but was acquitted in 2005.

http://thedissnba.com/2014/10/10/a-sinister-selfie-the-san-antonio-spurs-and-their-character-issues/

• Premium Member

Too lazy now to go back and look, but wasn't Marc Stein one of the leading purveyors of the theory that Dunleavy was seeking the buy-out that Dunleavy claims never happened? And, one of the leading purveyors of the theory that ATL was on the cusp of sending Milsap packing? Oh, while we're at it, and was he the one who led so many to believe that Horford was coming back to ATL?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking so.

Whether you choose to believe these guys never embellish some kernel of truth when they tweet/report or not, again, history agrees that their stories more likely to end up being something different from what they originally suggested.

Truth be told, I think... correct me again if I'm wrong... we may be fans of one of the franchises whose leadership most effectively squelches any real news getting leaked out of the real HQ, and it must be frustrating when trying to market yourself as an insider. That was popularly understood under Ferry, and I think it's continued to be the case.

My guess is, yes Neal worked out, yes something nice was said about him by Bud or Wilcox. Yes, he might even be a legit option at some point. But Bud just told us all days ago via C-Viv that the current wings are going to be given their audition to take Korver's minutes. Makes little sense to so quickly and seemingly with little provocation recoil from that. And all the more so, given as mentioned above, your only good reason for taking Mo Williams in the trade was to use his salary as filler to make another trade--makes little sense to release him because of a player who's not even good enough to merit more than a 10-day contract.

Just sayin.

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Too lazy now to go back and look, but wasn't Marc Stein one of the leading purveyors of the theory that Dunleavy was seeking the buy-out that Dunleavy claims never happened? And, one of the leading purveyors of the theory that ATL was on the cusp of sending Milsap packing? Oh, while we're at it, and was he the one who led so many to believe that Horford was coming back to ATL?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking so.

Whether you choose to believe these guys never embellish some kernel of truth when they tweet/report or not, again, history agrees that their stories more likely to end up being something different from what they originally suggested.

Truth be told, I think... correct me again if I'm wrong... we may be fans of one of the franchises whose leadership most effectively squelches any real news getting leaked out of the real HQ, and it must be frustrating when trying to market yourself as an insider. That was popularly understood under Ferry, and I think it's continued to be the case.

My guess is, yes Neal worked out, yes something nice was said about him by Bud or Wilcox. Yes, he might even be a legit option at some point. But Bud just told us all days ago via C-Viv that the current wings are going to be given their audition to take Korver's minutes. Makes little sense to so quickly and seemingly with little provocation recoil from that. And all the more so, given as mentioned above, your only good reason for taking Mo Williams in the trade was to use his salary as filler to make another trade--makes little sense to release him because of a player who's not even good enough to merit more than a 10-day contract.

Just sayin.

Unless Woj tweets it, I usually take a wait and see approach.  Like you said, he probably worked out for the Hawks - that would be the only truth, the rest is speculation.