• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chauncey Billups giving DS17 credit like not even many Hawks do.

DS17Fanboy

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

That one is after my hairline receded.

You know @AHF, you always get labeled as the receding hairline and I'm the fat guy ...I think it's quite the contraire mon fraire.....

The REAL AHF n spud...:-|

Take that @kg01

IMG_8079.GIF

IMG_8080.GIF

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You know @AHF, you always get labeled as the receding hairline and I'm the fat guy ...I think it's quite the contraire mon fraire.....

The REAL AHF n spud...:-|

Take that @kg01

What Have I Done?

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@kg01 and @Thomas, come here and get a hug. 

200.gif#3

I'm still pissed.

200w.gif#42

vor 8 Stunden, rd79 sagte:

It's nice he gets some respect, but I don't get why you are so angry lately.

As a Dennis fanboy after his 3½ years as a Hawk I'm used to people saying he only wants to get his and that he "doesn't run the offense". And I don't even care anymore. Most posters here are happy about his recent development. Dennis is a better starter in this league in my opinion and if he keeps developing he might be an all star in two or three years. But there is absolutely no need to start comparing him to HOFers because he hit his career 1st game winner (which technically wasn't even one because if I'm not misstaken a real game winner is a go ahead basket in the last 10 seconds leading to victory, and his shot was 22 sec before the horn.) - BTW he had at least 3 or 4 other game winner attempts before...

Hey, how about you stop virtue-signalling trying to look all fair and balanced and stuff. There whas no need to bring that to the table. Has nothing to do with the topic. And better yet, you whas the guy who started going off at Diesel last year. Now its my turn. God I hate these phony's...

:fuk: And all you others stop posting gay memes in my thread, or else...I know hackers.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

9 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

"Dennis Schröder is doing things no other starting PG is"

But here on his team's forum you got supossed fans telling year after year Dennis just about getting his, going ISo and blah,blah, blah...

There is a difference between Dennis hate and Dennis criticism.  During our losing streak, there was an obvious difference between how Dennis got his. He approached possessions with a shoot first mentality, driving to the basket and only passing when every option to score evaporated. It's subtle but small hesitations in your drive, eyes left and right instead of straight ahead keep opposing defenses honest. About 3 games before the win streak began, Dennis improved in this area. He is still not a pg every time down the floor, but he has improved. Dennis spent the first 30 games of the year being a scorer first. Now, he's a distributor about 40% of the time. If he can flip that 40/60 to 60/40 his scoring will stay the same but his assists will explode.

38 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Hey, how about you stop virtue-signalling trying to look all fair and balanced and stuff. There whas no need to bring that to the table. Has nothing to do with the topic. And better yet, you whas the guy who started going off at Diesel last year. Now its my turn. God I hate these phony's...

:fuk: And all you others stop posting gay memes in my thread, or else...I know hackers.

Exactly, there were times I was angry about some annoying posters and I went on some guys who were writing bullshit, but not on everybody like you do atm. By the way I started to put the annoying posters on the ignore list, that helped me a lot to calm down. Nowadays the bigger part of the posters agrees on Dennis development so no need for me to go to rage-mode...

47 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There is a difference between Dennis hate and Dennis criticism.  During our losing streak, there was an obvious difference between how Dennis got his. He approached possessions with a shoot first mentality, driving to the basket and only passing when every option to score evaporated. It's subtle but small hesitations in your drive, eyes left and right instead of straight ahead keep opposing defenses honest. About 3 games before the win streak began, Dennis improved in this area. He is still not a pg every time down the floor, but he has improved. Dennis spent the first 30 games of the year being a scorer first. Now, he's a distributor about 40% of the time. If he can flip that 40/60 to 60/40 his scoring will stay the same but his assists will explode.

And there is diffenrence between useful criticism and not so useful, partly made up criticism. Your post belongs to the latter. Dennis had to score in this strech because nobody on the perimeter was worth a pass and it seemed the whole team shot at career low. So it was totally correct to score on his own.... btw his scoring increases atm...

And still nobody told me what the hell it means "to be a PG" does this mean to be a great passer but bad shooter like Rubio? What is the avarage scoring of nowadays great PGs?

For me it means to lead the team an make decisions. But that includes to score if that's the best option. 

Edited by rd79

41 minutes ago, rd79 said:

And there is diffenrence between useful criticism and not so useful, partly made up criticism. Your post belongs to the latter. Dennis had to score in this strech because nobody on the perimeter was worth a pass and it seemed the whole team shot at career low. So it was totally correct to score on his own.... btw his scoring increases atm...

And still nobody told me what the hell it means "to be a PG" does this mean to be a great passer but bad shooter like Rubio? What is the avarage scoring of nowadays great PGs?

For me it means to lead the team an make decisions. But that includes to score if that's the best option. 

You completely misunderstand my post, which is evident by your not understanding what a PG is. The PG's job is to breakdown the defense. This means to make others move from their defensive assignments to give help. Thereby creating an open shot through initiating a passing set. Nobody is saying Dennis can't or shouldn't shoot. What we are saying is that PGs get shots in the flow of the offense when openings develop because their passing is a greater threat than their shot creation.

Because a pg is a threat to get to the rack and to dish to a big, wings collapse to offer help, this creates passes to the wings. When defensive wings must respect this, they hesitate and this creates opportunities for bigs to receive on drives for easy baskets and +1's. When opposing bigs respect this and hesitate, an opening appears for the PG to score. 

The criticism with Dennis is that instead of thinking draw, kick, dump, shoot. During this bad stretch, Dennis was thinking drive, shoot, kick, dump. This led to easy turnovers, passes at the ankles of Dwight/Paul and easy close outs on shooters. The difference is small but the effect on the court is huge.

The pg gets the same number of shots in both circumstances, but the quality of shots for everyone goes up. The problem with the Hawks during the 1-10 stretch was defensive efficiency. This was caused by problems with offensive efficiency leading to transition baskets at the other end. Dennis is fixing this. It's a mindset, not a talent thing. A realistic evaluation of Dennis is that he is still learning and will only get better. There is no problem with identifying flaws in his game, especially by him. It will only help him improve.

Funny add-on....while trying to find videos to support my point, I came up on this Mookie Blaylock highlight reel.  Nostalgia kicked in....I miss Mookie.  Look at how quickly Mookie gives the ball up, how his eyes are up. Mookie had eons less talent than Dennis but his BBIQ was off the chart. 

Or if you prefer, a true PG who got his points but always had eyes up looking to pass 

Or perhaps the best passing PG of our time averaging over 10 apg for his career.

• Like 3

There's no dancing around it. Dennis was so bad it hurt the team from the Knicks matinee in November to the game in LA earlier this season.

Since then it's been night and day. Not always reflected analytically (for numerous reasons) though. His shot selection has been much better, if what he wants isn't there he's not forcing it with his own offense unless his team is in danger mode. It doesn't always mean he'll pass well, it sometimes means he'll defer to Millsap and let him make a play.

With today's NBA that has playmaking big men it's going to make the high assists PG not seen as often in the NBA. Does it mean it's not going to still be around? No, but it's not as often seen.

• Like 1