• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mid-Season report card : Hawks

macdaddy

If Tim gets the lion's share at SG, the combo of him and Dennis will create a good number of points. With both of them having the green light it is working out with good improvement from a few weeks ago. Knowing we're still not balanced but we have formed an improved defensive playoff style team so a pretty good grade is deserved. Don't feel like I'm just a Pollyanna about us and the way we're built for the playoffs. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

If Tim gets the lion's share at SG, the combo of him and Dennis will create a good number of points. With both of them having the green light it is working out with good improvement from a few weeks ago. Knowing we're still not balanced but we have formed an improved defensive playoff style team so a pretty good grade is deserved. Don't feel like I'm just a Pollyanna about us and the way we're built for the playoffs. 

That's it.  We just need shooting and scoring.   So maybe Tim + Neal will help.  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

That's it.  We just need shooting and scoring.   So maybe Tim + Neal will help.  

Neal is typically good for about 10 PPG with good shooting and Hardaway is about the same. At the end of the day I would like to have that SG/SF that can score 13-16 PPG with solid defense, but I guess Neal, Hardaway, Thabo and the rookies are going to have to do. It will most likely be the teams downfall in the playoffs though.

• Like 2

They're were I expected.  Never saw that God-awful losing streak coming though.  A Budenholzer team shouldn't dip under .625 winning, I don't care who's on the roster.  Teams take the personality of their coach and Bud is no nonsense.

On a side note I was stuck in bed watching the D-League.  Totally forgot about our old friend Lamar Patterson.  Surely he's better than a lot of end-of-bench guards in the League.  Jordan Crawford won't let that NBA dream go either.  Last but not least, Edy.  The announcers (Azibuke and some other commentator I don't recognize) kept saying how raw he still is and how the "new" style of Bigs that teams covet (running and rim protection) makes it hard for him to stick even with his size and length.  The lead announcer asked "Can Tavares help an NBA team in defensive rebounding tomorrow?"  Azibuke was like "uuuuuuh, how about the day after tomorrow?"  Lol.

• Like 4