NBA GM's think we will put Sap back on the market

NBASupes

Add CJ Miles to that list. He would do well in our system offensively. Nice stroke from mid and 3. Lovely lefty...:-) (that used to be my nickname for Michael Redd too)..

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Add CJ Miles to that list. He would do well in our system offensively. Nice stroke from mid and 3. Lovely lefty...:-) (that used to be my nickname for Michael Redd too)..

Why would IND trade Miles tho?

Also, pretty sure you said "Lovely Lefty" was what you used to call that guy that sits to your right in the "movies". :laugh:

TAd6T.gif

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Why would IND trade Miles tho?

Also, pretty sure you said "Lovely Lefty" was what you used to call that guy that sits to your right in the "movies". :laugh:

TAd6T.gif

Lmmfao hahahaha that's great I gotta give it up. No but something eerily similar happened to me at the movies...I digress..lol

I'm a big fan of Paul, but I honestly don't think it would hurt us too much to lose him because he really  has butterfingers a lot of times, and settled for too many long range shots, and can't stay under control under the basket. He also freezes up on shots in crunch time. He is very good through the middle of games though. He is probably my favorite Hawk though.

HI'm a big fan of Paul, but I honestly don't think it would hurt us too much to lose him because he really  has butterfingers a lot of times, and settled for too many long range shots, and can't stay under control under the basket. He also freezes up on shots in crunch time. He is very good through the middle of games though. He is probably my favorite Hawk though. I want to be clear  that I hope he finishes his career as a Hawk.

On 1/25/2017 at 3:10 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In the playoffs, you need people who can take and make their own shot outside of an offensive system.  Melo can do both . . . play within Bud's system, and score in ISO situations.

Keep in mind that the BIG complaint about Millsap, is his lack of clutchness down the stretch of games.  He's a good offensive player, but not necessarily a closer at the end of games.

Matter of fact . . . who is currently the closer for the Hawks?   Millsap?  Schröder?  THJ?

For my 2 cents our closer is Schröder.  The kid is cold blooded.

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

HI'm a big fan of Paul, but I honestly don't think it would hurt us too much to lose him because he really  has butterfingers a lot of times, and settled for too many long range shots, and can't stay under control under the basket. He also freezes up on shots in crunch time. He is very good through the middle of games though. He is probably my favorite Hawk though. I want to be clear  that I hope he finishes his career as a Hawk.

Paul is the key to just about everything we do on defense.  We lose him, everything collapses. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Continued speculation about the future of Paul Millsap with the NBA trade deadline looming ended with a few words.

“He’s not going anywhere,” said Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer, who also serves as president of basketball operations, to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday. “You can write that.”

Budenholzer reiterated the franchise’s position about their four-time all-star forward and best player before the Hawks played at the Trail Blazers.

The Hawks solicited potential offers for Millsap early last month as the team had a 16-16 record and appeared to be headed to a rebuild mode. A person close to the situation at the time believed there was at least one solid offer for Millsap on the table. The Hawks made an initial move by trading Kyle Korver to the Cavaliers for a future protected first-round draft pick.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/budenholzer-millsap-not-going-anywhere/62f8SFwiczvuhUneHGolYP/

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hoping we trade for an upgrade at SF. I realize Prince was supposed to be this upgrade but he has looked lost on defense.

I'd give up Printz for something like Wilson Chandler.  Hell, I'd do it for Tyreke Evans.  Well, maybe not him since he's so ball-dominant.  Just gimme a starter.  Any starter.

Bembry is coming on and appearing to be the better of the two.  He's certainly played better lately.

I don't recall a time when I was totally comfortable with Printz on the floor with other teams' starters.  Bembry looks like he belongs out there regardless of comp.  Only a few games but, like I said, I hadn't seen that at all from Printz.

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hoping we trade for an upgrade at SF. I realize Prince was supposed to be this upgrade but he has looked lost on defense.

C-Viv said something:

- small move to upgrade the team, most likely to backup Dwight 

- Hump plays too much and Moose gets pushed around 

- Splitter trade most likely.

• Premium Member

I think Prince will get into shape. He looked good in SL and the first half of the season in limited minutes. He needs some real run with the starters. But I don't see that happening this season. If we don't trade for a SF they will run Thabo and sigh  Bazemore to death at SF.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd give up Printz for something like Wilson Chandler.  Hell, I'd do it for Tyreke Evans.  Well, maybe not him since he's so ball-dominant.  Just gimme a starter.  Any starter.

Bembry is coming on and appearing to be the better of the two.  He's certainly played better lately.

I don't recall a time when I was totally comfortable with Printz on the floor with other teams' starters.  Bembry looks like he belongs out there regardless of comp.  Only a few games but, like I said, I hadn't seen that at all from Printz.

I wouldn't. Is Chandler the answer to a championship? No.

He'll also be 30 at the end of this season. I don't trust he'll stay healthy.

Definite pass on Evans, Free agent, injury prone (24 gamed this season)  and not the right system for him.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't. Is Chandler the answer to a championship? No.

He'll also be 30 at the end of this season. I don't trust he'll stay healthy.

Definite pass on Evans, Free agent, injury prone (24 gamed this season)  and not the right system for him.

I wouldn't trade Prince but I'd trade for Chandler if the price was right. He's a clear upgrade over anything we have at SF.

I'm going to be brutally honest on Prince, I can see why he was considered a low first round talent, but it's not because of his tools. He has good tools, but outside of a better than what he's shown 3 point shot (in that he can be a 36-38% 3 point shooter), he has no skills at all. You can tell that the Baylor zone defense scheme is completely engrained in his muscle memory and in the half court he hasn't impressed me on offense. Any offensive move that has been successful by him was by his physicality/speed and not creativity.

The latter thing wouldn't really be an issue, but that stupid zone scheme is and it's why a lot of Baylor players just don't really make it in the NBA. He might be the exception though.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C-Viv said something:

Love this. Can they throw Moose in there too, give Humph all his minutes?!

D8/Trade

Sap/Humph

Sef/Prince

THJr/Gaze

Menace/Bembry

I keep coming back to Kent Bazemore's contract being a major issue and one that is so hampering it might be the main cause to a rebuild if you can't get salary relief from it.

At least one or both of him and Dwight Howard need to go. While Howard has served a purpose (boards), he still doesn't want to accept that he is not what he was in his Magic days anymore.

I don't buy that there is a "handshake" deal with Millsap that is good for him and the team. He is getting maxed if he stays. That won't be a bad thing if one big contract is gotten rid of.

Most of this is offseason chatter imo...

I'd like a backup PG upgrade and a good backup big this trade deadline. Maybe the latter is acquired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C-Viv said something:

Hump plays too much???  Huh???  He only gets garbage minutes, while Wilma gets the big minutes.

• Like 1