• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do we get blown out so much??

Wurider05

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It's not about the Knicks, it's about Melo which is why his trade value isn't all that. He has limit his teams to three teams. If he can add us, we can give them Baze and Splitter and with picks they would value. 

I am afraid to say but if we do not land Melo, this team will be rebuilding this off-season. Sap has options and most are better than another year in Atlanta. 

Melo isn't helping this team.  I don't understand why people want him?  

• Moderators
16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's quite simple. No one other than Millsap is consistent and he's in a role that's too big for his britches. He's a very good #2 option and a good over defender but he's closer to Joe Johnson than Dirk N. Nothing wrong with that, he's an excellent player but he's not a #1 option. Nor is Dennis. Clearly Dwight isn't at this stage. He's not even a #1, 2, or 3 option. Bazemore is more of a #4 and best off of the bench and Thabo just isn't a starter. He's best off of the bench as well. This team lacks a #1 option. It's been that way for awhile but Al kinda do so much within the game that he made it not as obvious till  the playoffs. This team is a typical EC #4 or #5 seed. No legit chance of winning pass the 2nd round. 

Your bottom line is that we look like we'll finish the same way we did last year - #5 seed on the East and 2nd round out but we have better wins and worse losses than last year.  Your comments would suggest to me that we should be worse than last year but the results are netting out about the same.  I don't get why we can beat some of the best teams in the NBA in exciting fashion and then lose to some of the worst.  It is the extreme range I don't get.

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Your bottom line is that we look like we'll finish the same way we did last year - #5 seed on the East and 2nd round out but we have better wins and worse losses than last year.  Your comments would suggest to me that we should be worse than last year but the results are netting out about the same.  I don't get why we can beat some of the best teams in the NBA in exciting fashion and then lose to some of the worst.  It is the extreme range I don't get.

You kinda understand. We are inconsistent. We do not know what to expect on a nightly basis. We had a better idea of what we were last year which was a good but not good enough team. This team at its peak looks like it can win it all but it's floor looks horrible. 

We were far more consistent last year, you knew what to expect. But you knew it wasn't a contender or close to it. This team, we can beat anyone but lose to anyone and badly too.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You kinda understand. We are inconsistent. We do not know what to expect on a nightly basis. We had a better idea of what we were last year which was a good but not good enough team. This team at its peak looks like it can win it all but it's floor looks horrible. 

We were far more consistent last year, you knew what to expect. But you knew it wasn't a contender or close to it. This team, we can beat anyone but lose to anyone and badly too.

I don't know if that's true. I  remember saying last year we were consistently inconsistent. 

We may have known what to expect because the starters were together a long time. We didn't have  the blowout games etc. but we were still inconsistent.

Just a few below:

This team is good a being consistently inconsistent.
We seem to have fixed our 1st half problems of getting
down big and having to battle back, now we've
transferred it to the 3rd quarter (starters) of giving
up big leads. Get it together!!!

I would hope he's irritated. This entire team is
consistently inconsistent and so un-clutch.

Rebounding is about effort and want to - we've
seen the Hawks do it. They just have no
consistency with it. Just like everything so far
this season - shooting, rebounding, defense,
rotations, substitions, minutes, starters,
coaching - all consistently inconsistent.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know if that's true. I  remember saying last year we were consistently inconsistent. 

We may have known what to expect because the starters were together a long time. We didn't have  the blowout games etc. but we were still inconsistent.

Just a few below:

We were consistent. We just wasn't consistently good but overall, we knew what to expect or what could happen both good or bad

18 hours ago, AHF said:

Last season we were a mediocre 3pt shooting team, but we were still +.012 over our opponents (.350 vs. .338). This season we're -.014 (.344 vs. .358). That's the main reason why we're getting blown out more. As for the better wins, finally being able to rebound and hit clutch shots is a big difference in those close games. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are winning at a 58.8% clip this year.  Last year it was 58.5%.  The more things change...?

Replaced 3 starters.   That's hard to do and keep winning at the same pace.   Dennis/Sap/Howard is a good core for another 2 years.  We need another big piece though.   

• Like 1

Dwight's effort is all over the place and its usually a barometer for the rest of the team.  He covers much less ground defensively than the prototypical C these days who have to feign hard and help defend threes and I think it has a negative impact at times as opposed to what Al used to do.