• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

I've thought about it and honestly Washington and us should be talking heavily... the only thing preventing them from being told in the East is a scorer off the bench and if we sent them THJ or Baze they'd be set.... I mean maybe we could get Denver involved so we could snag Gallinari or Chandler in a 3 team deal and we could send Denver some picks in the process.... 

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We would own Bird rights to Gallo so resigning him would not be the problem.  The Hawks going into luxury tax territory to do so is.  Is Ressler WILLING?

I do agree that trading for him then he leaves screws us from a capsace perspective if Baze isn't moved.

It's not about bird rights. It's about making use for a rental. If you can't resign Gallo, you must have money to replace him. Gallo is likely getting 20 million plus and right now, that is not possible to lose Gallo and get anything with our lack of cap space.

I could see why Al didn't resign. He would likely be traded this week for a player like George and we would be loaded right now. Say what you want but he made the best decision for his career now looking at it. Maybe he didn't like Dwight, who knows. 

I hope he realizes that at some point Boston will trade him before his contract expires.

9 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I've thought about it and honestly Washington and us should be talking heavily... the only thing preventing them from being told in the East is a scorer off the bench and if we sent them THJ or Baze they'd be set.... I mean maybe we could get Denver involved so we could snag Gallinari or Chandler in a 3 team deal and we could send Denver some picks in the process.... 

Wait.  Why in the feck would we help WAS?  We can get Gallinari/Chandler without their help.  C'mon, Views.  You're better than that. :happy:

3 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I hope he realizes that at some point Boston will trade him before his contract expires.

I hope most of them Selltics players realize how expendable Dan E. thinks they are.  Thomas being all pro-Green is laughable considering the Selltics, if they keep the Nets pick, will be selecting his replacement.  Only reason he's there is because he signed a cheap deal in SAC.  Once his deal is up he's gone.  They're not dumb enough to pay him.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait.  Why in the feck would we help WAS?  We can get Gallinari/Chandler without their help.  C'mon, Views.  You're better than that. :happy:

I hope most of them Selltics players realize how expendable Dan E. thinks they are.  Thomas being all pro-Green is laughable considering the Selltics, if they keep the Nets pick, will be selecting his replacement.  Only reason he's there is because he signed a cheap deal in SAC.  Once his deal is up he's gone.  They're not dumb enough to pay him.

To get rid of the Bazemore contract.... Plus we could get a draft pick or 2 in the process 

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's not about bird rights. It's about making use for a rental. If you can't resign Gallo, you must have money to replace him. Gallo is likely getting 20 million plus and right now, that is not possible to lose Gallo and get anything with our lack of cap space.

My last line indicates the problem if Gallo leaves, we are on the same page.

8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

To get rid of the Bazemore contract.... Plus we could get a draft pick or 2 in the process 

Ok, I hear you.  But I'll counter with this.  WAS isn't taking either of them guys considering Otto Porter is about to come off his rookie deal and they'll have to pay him.

I like the idea of getting rid of that contract but maybe another team would fit better in that slot.  Maybe HOU since they offered him more this offseason?

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, I hear you.  But I'll counter with this.  WAS isn't taking either of them guys considering Otto Porter is about to come off his rookie deal and they'll have to pay him.

I like the idea of getting rid of that contract but maybe another team would fit better in that slot.  Maybe HOU since they offered him more this offseason?

They're keying in on a Beverly/Shumpert deal in case you haven't heard. Plus they did get a Lou yesterday 

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Was actually just looking at a trade to Hou that centered around Baze.  They could use his Defense and don't need any real offense out of him.  Would be a good fit, imo.  I think they are wanting to ship out short-term expiring contracts or so I've read.  Maybe Daniels, NeNe, and one other for Baze? 

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

They're keying in on a Beverly/Shumpert deal in case you haven't heard. Plus they did get a Lou yesterday 

• The Rockets, after adding Lou Williams, remain “motivated” to acquire a player in the $10–12 million salary range, offering expiring contracts and cash in return. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)

• Houston has expressed interest in trading for Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert. (Marc Stein, ESPN)

• Among Houston’s expiring contracts are Nene and Tyler Ennis. The team also holds an option on K.J. McDaniels for next season.

From SI. 

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Yeah, I saw that.  Plan B: Baze?

4 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

The thing that these novice writers from Bleacher Report don't understand is that we already have 2 2nd round picks this year (BKN and MIA's - MIA is protected 31-40 though). We don't need more 2nd round picks....

On top of that, it's not a buyer's move. We are looking to buy. 

• Like 2