• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Viivlamore is on 92.9 right now!!

Wurider05

5 hours ago, Wurider05 said:
  • Interesting there is/was a rift in the front office. some wanted to blow it up and some wanted to maintain the course. Bud wanted to stay the course.
  • Baze's contract isn't untradeable. it is not alot of money in the grand scheme of things
  • Grant Hill doesn't want any part of the daily operations of the team and this doesn't sit well with some people
  • team will look drastically different next season
  • made a mistake not offering qualifying offer for Tim Hardaway Jr.
  • Hawks have interest in Jimmy Butler
  • The Hawks have high hopes for Taurean Prince
  • Paul Milsap wants to stay but so did Al

Would probably have to take a similiar bad contract in return for Baze if ATL doesn't attach their 1st to him.

I thought bringing Hill in that he was going to get involved. He'd definitely be more influencial to FAs. 

Butler would be nice at SF.

I'm curious if the FO would be willing to pay Millsap the full 5 year max.

Edited by BigDog90

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yup. No way we can match any Celts offers. Unless the Bulls love one of our players but who knows maybe Boston isn't going full in on Butler. I heard they like IT as the leader, and if Butler comes in he'd take the lil guy's spotlight.

Even if not a blockbuster, I like the Ersan and I think that if we could solidify our wing spot or maybe a solid veteran backup point guard, we are for sure deeper, which is always a great thing.

Get Darren Collison.

Edited by BigDog90

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's dissapointing.

Yup.  Gotta say I'm a little surprised and confused by this.  I understand he's got other things going on as well, but seems like it would have been expected and understood when he joined the ownership group that he'd use his connections with the players to help the team any way he could.  Otherwise, they are sort of wasting the benefit of having a NAME guy as part of the ownership? 

Vivlaless is like the high school coach for the most obscure sport at the school, say badminton. Teaches science by day, has to google "The Rules of Badminton" from the teachers lounge 30 minutes before tryouts, unknowingly brings a bag of tennis racquets he snagged on clearance from Wal Mart the night before...

"Now this doohickey here is the birdie.......you WHACK it like this (swing and a miss)....."

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yup.  Gotta say I'm a little surprised and confused by this.  I understand he's got other things going on as well, but seems like it would have been expected and understood when he joined the ownership group that he'd use his connections with the players to help the team any way he could.  Otherwise, they are sort of wasting the benefit of having a NAME guy as part of the ownership? 

I'm taking that to mean he does the ambassador and recruiting part, just not interested in making the sausage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Vivlaless is like the high school coach for the most obscure sport at the school, say badminton. Teaches science by day, has to google "The Rules of Badminton" from the teachers lounge 30 minutes before tryouts, unknowingly brings a bag of tennis racquets he snagged on clearance from Wal Mart the night before...

"Now this doohickey here is the birdie.......you WHACK it like this (swing and a miss)....."

As a tennis aficionado, reading this made my face twitch like Lou Gehrig. Tennis rackets from Walmart...ughhhh...whack(just a funny word even when used by itself)ing a birdie...lol..

I like this analogy very much. Viv is a bit mentally challenged...or a numbskull altogether. 

We had a couple science teachers by day and PE coaches by night guys in our high school. It didn't work out.

2 hours ago, hazer said:

just not interested in making the sausage.

Well nobody likes to see that except drooling @kg01 and his male gazing...

(I want my baby back baby back baby back...Chiliiiiiiiiisssss baby back ribs..)

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did he give any prognostications on what the 'drastic' differences will be.

Viv? Doubt it. I bet he fell asleep and when he came to, somebody had to tell him where he was.

If this team tanks and blows it up they are dead to me just like the Braves are. I have not time or patience for a team that has been to the playoff 9 years in a row to blow everything and suck for a few years hoping to get back to the point where they were before blowing up the team.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

As a tennis aficionado, reading this made my face twitch like Lou Gehrig. Tennis rackets from Walmart...ughhhh...whack(just a funny word even when used by itself)ing a birdie...lol..

I like this analogy very much. Viv is a bit mentally challenged...or a numbskull altogether. 

We had a couple science teachers by day and PE coaches by night guys in our high school. It didn't work out.

Same here, was on an ALTA City Champs team in 2010 ;)

41 minutes ago, hazer said:

Same here, was on an ALTA City Champs team in 2010 ;)

Oh that awesome man. I just played #2 singles varsity in high school senior year. Good times!

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh that awesome man. I just played #2 singles varsity in high school senior year. Good times!

Preesh! And well done, yourself. I was a 4-year baseball letterman, pitcher/LF. Baseball and tennis seasons coincided, so I couldn't play both.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Preesh! And well done, yourself. I was a 4-year baseball letterman, pitcher/LF. Baseball and tennis seasons coincided, so I couldn't play both.

Thanks! So you were like a jock huh? Lol..nice!