• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monday's game a must win?

BigDog90

I expect us to beat MIA and ORL this weekend, but can we beat BOS on Monday?

Beating BOS would a statement win especially after the last game where Baze is looking like a fool guarding IT on the last shot and Dennis sitting on the bench during the 4th like Teague and whining to the media talking about IT talking about his mom.

vor 1 Stunde, BigDog90 sagte:

I expect us to beat MIA and ORL this weekend, but can we beat BOS on Monday?

Beating BOS would a statement win especially after the last game where Baze is looking like a fool guarding IT on the last shot and Dennis sitting on the bench during the 4th like Teague and whining to the media talking about IT talking about his mom.

You still think we're winning tonight's game when our own coach is going to expose our biggest weakness? Gon be a tough one tonight. Let's hope for another THJ can't miss performance 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It is a must win if we want to continue to have false hope.   

Don't let them break you man. I know ATL sports usually ends in frustration and disappointment, but when we finally break through, it's going to be epic.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Don't let them break you man. I know ATL sports usually ends in frustration and disappointment, but when we finally break through, it's going to be epic.

I was kind of kidding.   But it just pains me that we are so obviously deficient in scoring and shooting and we did very little to address that.  I can handle losing to the Cavs because that's an obvious lopsided affair.   But we're falling behind the celtics, raps, wiz.   I don't believe in any of those teams but there's the very real chance that we can't beat them in the playoffs.  And that'll be a real PR problem in terms of attracting fans and talent.   

• Like 2

Miami has been hot lately and despite Delaney's good +/-, I think he gets even more exposed tonight. He doesn't have lateral speed and can't dribble drive. I wouldn't be surprised if another blowout happens like the last game vs Miami.

Maybe they've cooled off due to the break but...

12 minutes ago, JackB1 said:

I feel like Bazemore is the ghost of Josh Smith.  

Heh, TradeBaze is awful but I feel Ilyasova is euro-JSchmoove.

And DelaneySucks talked all that smack about how he wasn't waiting around for the NBA or w/e.  As if he was above it.  Now we see that it was actually the NBA not waiting for his mediocre arse.

And so...it continues!!!

The feud between the Hawks’ Dennis Schröder and the Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas continues Monday with both starting point guards standing by comments regarding trash talk last month.

Schröder said after the Jan. 13 meeting that Thomas invoked his mother when hurling insults. Thomas denied he said anything about Schröder’s family. Both players reiterated their version of the incident.

“Everybody heard it,” Schröder said Monday morning. “My family sat courtside too. Thabo (Sefolosha) heard some things. He wasn’t involved in it. It is what it is. We just try to compete. It gets heated in the game.”

Thomas was asked about the rematch with Schröder after the Celtics played at the Pistons Sunday.

“Man, I’m past that, I’m not worried about that,” Thomas told reporters. “Once he tried to damage my character, saying I talked about his parents or whatever. I’m past that. Not even worried about it.”

Sefolosha said he “can’t recall” what was said between the two players but noted the trash talk was intense.

“I know they were talking,” Sefolosha said. I don’t know exactly what was said. I know there was a lot of talk and it was pretty intense. I don’t know exactly what was said. It was one of those situations that I’m going to definitely have my teammate’s back.”

The Celtics won the earlier season meeting in Atlanta when Thomas scored on a step-back jumper with 2.4 seconds left for a 103-101 victory.

The history between Schröder and Thomas goes back to last season’s playoff series. In Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal, Thomas slapped Schröder after scoring a basket. The two had to be separated and were assessed technical fouls. Thomas had his foul upgraded to a Flagrant Foul I after league review. Many in the Hawks organization believed Thomas should have been suspended. The Hawks won the series in six games.

“He’s a great player,” Schröder said Monday. “What he did in the playoffs last year was just not professional. I think nobody wants to see that. But it’s fine. We just try to compete and help our team win the basketball game.”

Schröder realizes he will be on the receiving end from a vociferous Boston crowd.

“It is what it is,” Schröder said. “Probably my whole career when I get here (he will be booed). They are probably pretty mad still that we won in the playoffs last year. It happens.”

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said he won’t have a special conversation so as to not turn this game into Dennis Schröder-Isaiah Thomas Part III.

“Dennis is a competitive guy as is Isaiah,” Budenholzer said. “I think they are both more concerned about their teams, what is best for their team. Dennis is going to be ready to compete. I think that is what is most important.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/war-words-continues-between-Schröder-and-thomas/9W5Iut4ypyGtCLCoREjPBN/

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

On the dark side yet?  Or are you waiting until after tonight?  :biggrin:

If they play with zero intensity tonight, I may join the dark side myself. These last two games can only be described as listless. Getting beat by better and more talented teams is one thing, but lack of effort is another. There's no way anybody had the Hawks losing to both Orlando and Miami back to back. That's just pathetic.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, hawkman said:

If they play with zero intensity tonight, I may join the dark side myself. These last two games can only be described as listless. Getting beat by better and more talented teams is one thing, but lack of effort is another. There's no way anybody had the Hawks losing to both Orlando and Miami back to back. That's just pathetic.

I going to pull out all the reverse jinxes in hopes of a big turnaround tonight.   But the main reason i'm on the dark side is this.   Here are our Wins since 1/1 (and the spurs win was 1/1 so i could have not included it)

Spurs, Magic, Pels, Mavs, Nets, Bucks, Knicks, Bulls, Sixers, Bulls, Knicks, Rockets, Magic, Nugs, Blazers

Outside of the Spurs and the Rockets (sort of), not a quality team in the bunch.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

On the dark side yet?  Or are you waiting until after tonight?  :biggrin:

Getting close.  I at least want to see the C's game since these guys love to show up for the bigger games.

If they don't show up to this one I'll be on the dark side, meaning by TV will be "dark" during Hawks games.