• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

when we were expected to do things.

Others ignoring our even having a slim at best chance to win one game seems the best place for us to be going in this year. The expectation or hope for me is to see some nice bruising blows delivered to key opponents no matter which team but especially LeBron and Al. Yeah, my hate continues.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Others ignoring our even having a slim at best chance to win one game seems the best place for us to be going in this year. The expectation or hope for me is to see some nice bruising blows delivered to key opponents no matter which team but especially LeBron and Al. Yeah, my hate continues.

Agreed with the rough stuff..lol..I'll go a bit further and list each team and who I'd like knocked down..lol

1. Cavs (Le..you guessed it)

2. Celts (IT, Alicia)

3. Wizards (Wall, Beal)

4. Raps (Lowry, Derozan)

5. Bucks (DELLY!)

6. Indy (Teague (for fun) Lavoy Allen (his farts apparently smell of death).

7. Heat (Waiters, Whiteside, Dragic)

8. Pistons (Reggie Jax, Morris)

9. Bulls ( Rondo (payback for 2008,2011,2013)

20 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

7. Heat (Waiters, Whiteside, Dragic)

Yeah, I definitely want to formally add Whiteside to my hit list of Al and LeBron. What a jerk. Wouldn't mind seeing Prince actually get in a real impactful lick so Whiteside would know the difference between getting nailed and method acting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, I definitely want to formally add Whiteside to my hit list of Al and LeBron. What a jerk. Wouldn't mind seeing Prince actually get in a real impactful lick so Whiteside would know the difference between getting nailed and method acting. 

It's really weird but I still keep thinking Whiteside is a fluke even though I guess he's proven himself. We would also have to get past his bodyguard James Johnson. Lol.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's really weird but I still keep thinking Whiteside is a fluke even though I guess he's proven himself.

Think I'll just give Spoelstra the most credit there.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 11:58 AM, macdaddy said:

The "we're built for the playoffs" is starting to seem far fetched.   While the teams that are really doing well have stocked up on 3 point shooters we're still struggling to defend and shoot the 3.   It was the 3 ball that buried us against the Cavs last year moreso than offensive boards. 

We ARE actually built for the playoffs, outside of us having an Alpha Dog go to scorer.  But playoff basketball is also predicated on defense most of the time.  If they stop trying to help on everybody driving into the lane, and just let the big in the paint be the deterrent, all of those open 3s wouldn't happen.   But Bud's system is predicated on pressuring the ball on the outside, and especially when the ball handler goes into the paint.  

Problem is, all of these PGs are looking to either take the midrange shot ( which is actually good ), or go all the way in and kick it out to a shooter ( which is bad ).   And teams are being coached into being patient and making the extra pass, when the Hawks are in scramble mode after trying to stop the dribble drive.

Bob Rathbun said it a few weeks ago.  Bud has to play the athletes.  And he meant the young guys.   Guys who can be active defensively, and run the floor when a turnover happens.

Bud may still see value in Delaney, Moose, and Dunleavy, but they're not what this team needs.   They need guys who can have active hands on defense, can rebound the ball, and can push the ball or run the floor in transition.  We need more Prince and Bembry.

We're not this great jumpshooting team . . . really never was ( outside of Kyle ).   So we have to play, dare I say it . . . "Highlight Factory" basketball, in which you trust your main offensive weapons in the halfcourt, and you try to use your athletes to get out and run on the fastbreak.

If the rotation has to be shortened to achieve this, so be it.

• Like 4

By my count they are 4-24 from distance this afternoon.  Wow.  

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bob Rathbun said it a few weeks ago.  Bud has to play the athletes.  And he meant the young guys.   Guys who can be active defensively, and run the floor when a turnover happens.Bud may still see value in Delaney, Moose, and Dunleavy, but they're not what this team needs.   They need guys who can have active hands on defense, can rebound the ball, and can push the ball or run the floor in transition.  We need more Prince and Bembry.

Agree whole heartedly with both you and Bob. Wonder if Bud actually ever sits down and talks with Bob as opposed to just talking into Bob's mike. 

49 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Being able to be fed rhythm shots vs not being fed is a huge difference. Bazemore is taking too many above the break threes, same with Sefolosha and they aren't getting fed the ball off cuts as often.

Thabo

shotchart.png

Horrible from the corners.  Shoots decent from above the break on the left side.  Even in the short corner, he's bad.   Pretty good shooter in the midrange above the break.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Baze

shotchart (1).png

Average shooter in both corners.  Decent in the midrange above the break on both sides.  Excellent in the short corner on the right side.   Bad around the rim and on above the break 3s from straight away and on the left side.   Horrific in the short corner on the left side.   

• Like 1

Hardaway Jr

shotchart (2).png

Elite shooter on right side corner 3s and in the short corner.  Above average finisher around the rim and on straight away 3s.  Bad left side shooter on deep 3s.  Horrific in the midrange on right side and straight away 3s, and in the left side short corner.

• Like 1

Just giving people what we're looking at, when we talk about these wings

Prince

shotchart (3).png

Average shooter on above the break 3s.   Excellent in the short corner on the right side.  Bad shooter from 3 in the right corner.  Horrific around the rim and in both the left short corner and from 3 on the left side.

• Like 1

So in this world of analytics, is anybody on the Hawks noticing all of this?  Or are they just putting guys where the offense says they should be?  Like with Prince.  He's ALWAYS in the corner.  But if he's a bad corner 3 shooter, and much better above the break, why do you have him shooting corner 3s all the time?

Bud and his team has to do a better job in getting the ball in the spots where people can be the most effective.

• Like 3

Millsap

shotchart (5).png

An average to above average shooter on the left side.  Great in the "Joe Johnson midrange" ( that 10 - 15 foot area that JJ used to excel at ).   Bad to horrific shooter on straight away and right side 3s above the break.   Struggles finishing around the rim.

• Like 2

Schröder

shotchart (6).png

Tremendous in the midrange on the right side and in the left short corner.   Decent midrange game all around.  Excellent on the few corner 3s he's taken.  Average to below average shooter on above the break 3s.  Below average finishing around the rim ( despite a good number of his FG makes coming around the rim. )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Time for a win from the Bucks and Pacers to push us to a 6th,7th place tie! 

Instead, the Bucks are about to lose, keep us in 5th place, but bring Chicago within 2 games in the loss column of both Milwaukee and Atlanta.

Hawks win tiebreaker vs Milwaukee and Chicago.  Lose it vs Detroit.  

Game vs Indiana on the final night of the season, may decide the Hawks fate.

Seeing that we still have 2 games vs Cleveland, and that they may be battling Boston for the #1 seed, we're probably not going to get any breaks in April.  Hawks honestly need to win at minimum 3 of their next 4, to be assured to get into the playoffs.  Chicago game next Saturday in Chicago, becomes the biggest game of the season.   Lose that game, and we may be done.

• Like 2