• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

• Moderators

There was a time I wanted to face Boston but i want no part of them now.    Despite beating them last time I don't think we would prevail in a series.  Not unless we really get our crap together between now and then.   And I can't handle the double whammy of losing to the Patriots and Celtics in the same season, and losing to Horford's team and hearing all the bs that comes with it.    I'd rather go down to the Heat in the first round and forget about it.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

There was a time I wanted to face Boston but i want no part of them now.    Despite beating them last time I don't think we would prevail in a series.  Not unless we really get our crap together between now and then.   And I can't handle the double whammy of losing to the Patriots and Celtics in the same season, and losing to Horford's team and hearing all the bs that comes with it.    I'd rather go down to the Heat in the first round and forget about it.   

How bout we won't go down in the 1st!!! I agree though I can't lose to the Celtics..I think it would really screw with my head.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Braz's preferable opponents, R1:

1- Bullies

2- Pacers

3- Raps w/o Lowry

4- Green Gals

5- Pistons

6- Heat

7- Cavs

8- Washington

I'll bite.   Why the Pistons so high?  and why would Cavs over Wiz?

I'll bite. That series in which it's in the heads of the Wizards "We should've won easily and would've with Wall" is still fairly fresh on their minds. And now that they've grown up mentally, they'll be extra fueled for a potential series against the Hawks, in a good way, not the bad kind of way (for them).

It would likely get as ugly as that first round Toronto series that year, if not even doubly worse than that.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'll bite. That series in which it's in the heads of the Wizards "We should've won easily and would've with Wall" is still fairly fresh on their minds. And now that they've grown up mentally, they'll be extra fueled for a potential series against the Hawks, in a good way, not the bad kind of way (for them).

It would likely get as ugly as that first round Toronto series that year, if not even doubly worse than that.

This, and because they're loaded with shooters which seem to be our kryptonite. They even added Bogdanovic who's doing really well. Wall, Beal, Porter,Morris,Bogdanovic, could all go off exploring or weaknesses.

Detroit I wouldn't like to meet in the playoffs because of SVG, KCP, the other Morris twin and Drummond (not because of himself,but because of offensive boards being kicked out for threes.

• Moderators

The "we're built for the playoffs" is starting to seem far fetched.   While the teams that are really doing well have stocked up on 3 point shooters we're still struggling to defend and shoot the 3.   It was the 3 ball that buried us against the Cavs last year moreso than offensive boards. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The "we're built for the playoffs" is starting to seem far fetched.   While the teams that are really doing well have stocked up on 3 point shooters we're still struggling to defend and shoot the 3.   It was the 3 ball that buried us against the Cavs last year moreso than offensive boards. 

I think the offensive boards led to a whole lot of wide open 3s last year, so there's that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I think the offensive boards led to a whole lot of wide open 3s last year, so there's that.

Especially late in the fourth quarters. Tristan just owned that glass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

But those wide open three were makes which didn't allow more offensive rebounds.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We tanking bro

Nah too late for a full metal tank. But if you mean going from #5 seed to 7....then I got ur stealth tank right here baby doll!

#6, 7th, 8th seed here we come.

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

#6, 7th, 8th seed here we come.

Even as dysfunctional as we seem to be right now don't see why we couldn't take a game or two from the Cavs as you have stated. Actually they might not want anything to do with Miami in that first round because with the way they're streaking they really could knock the Cavs out. This might be the year of a more balanced East playoffs season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Even as dysfunctional as we seem to be right now don't see why we couldn't take a game or two from the Cavs as you have stated. Actually they might not want anything to do with Miami in that first round because with the way they're streaking they really could knock the Cavs out. This might be the year of a more balanced East playoffs season. 

Agreed. There's a 97% chance of us getting into the playoffs and once we do, I don't fear any team at all. You're right this season seems a bit wide open even though a Cavs/Scrubs part 3 is written in stone! Lol.

I guess it makes it less stressful than 2014-15 when we were expected to do things. This way we come in with no pressure and start kicking ass...anything can happen in the playoffs. It's a whole different ball game. As much as 3 point shooting dominates in the regular season, I feel having Dwight to pound the ball into will be advantageous for us in a slow it up, grind it out game.

Honestly, we might be built for a playoff run. If I were some teams in the east, I'm not sure if I'd want to play against us. 

Careful what you wish for.